macos sierra?

William Hanna

Jul 13, 2016, 5:11:08 PM7/13/16
i've been a mac user since the beginning
and, until recently, i've upgraded my systems to current as they came
out

but i've grown conservative (systemically anyway) in my old age

still running 10.10.5

i didn't see anything really compelling in 10.11 to jeopardize my
stable system

so now i'm looking at macos sierra

i'm open to any opinions as to whether or not to upgrade

10.10.5 does everything i want and is (almost) completely stable

please share your thoughts

bill

Davoud

Jul 14, 2016, 12:05:47 AM7/14/16
William Hanna:

> i've been a mac user since the beginning
> and, until recently, i've upgraded my systems to current as they came
> out
>
> but i've grown conservative (systemically anyway) in my old age
>
> still running 10.10.5

That's called stuck in the past. Don't die before you die. Live to the
last nanosecond.

> i didn't see anything really compelling in 10.11 to jeopardize my
> stable system

That's because you didn't install it!

> so now i'm looking at macos sierra

You mean considering Sierra.

> i'm open to any opinions as to whether or not to upgrade
>
> 10.10.5 does everything i want and is (almost) completely stable
>
> please share your thoughts

I think you need a transfusion of some new blood. Start by upgrading to
Sierra when it comes out. Millions will, millions will be pleased, as
always. You are aware, are you not, that learning new things keeps the
mind nimble as one ages? This from a 72-year-old college boy/nature
photographer learning new techniques/retired professional linguist
learning a new language蟻nd soon-to-be owner of a Phantom 4 UAV just
for fun.

BTW CSMS is no place to learn what the majority of Mac users are doing
and thinking. More like the .1%.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Lewis

Jul 14, 2016, 2:30:10 AM7/14/16
In message <130720161403433122%bi...@invalid.invalid>
William Hanna <bi...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> i've been a mac user since the beginning
> and, until recently, i've upgraded my systems to current as they came
> out

> but i've grown conservative (systemically anyway) in my old age

> still running 10.10.5

> i didn't see anything really compelling in 10.11 to jeopardize my
> stable system

> so now i'm looking at macos sierra

> i'm open to any opinions as to whether or not to upgrade

Sierra will not be out until Late September.

However, there is absolutely no reason no to update to 10.11. If you are
really paranoid, make a Carbon Copy Clone of your drive and then update.
If you have problems, you can easily restore.

--
IT'S BECAUSE OF THE UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE. 'What's that?' I'M NOT
SURE. --The Fifth Elephant