remove foreign language and translation "stuff"

Dave

Mar 27, 2005, 7:38:22 AM3/27/05
I bought a 40-gig mac mini and 10.3 was preinstalled. I just read that
doing an install and taking options that did *not* install 1) the many
printer drivers; 2) support for non-English languages and translations,
would save me about 1.1 gig of hard drive space.

I'd rather not have to do a reinstall, and I found the printer driver
folders and was able to safely remove about 700meg worth of those.

I am wondering if there is a way to remove the non-English support and
translation support without a reinstall.

Thanks for any help
Dave

Charles Dyer

Mar 27, 2005, 10:19:52 AM3/27/05
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:38:22 -0500, Dave wrote
(in article <1111927102.3...@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>):

Delocaliser does this. <http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9281>

--
We are Microsoft of Borg. You will be assimilated. Stability is irrelevant.
Where _you_ want to go to today is irrelevant. We will add your currency to

Jim Jaeger

Mar 28, 2005, 12:45:44 AM3/28/05
"Dave" <dave...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>

> I am wondering if there is a way to remove the non-English support and
> translation support without a reinstall.

I have used Monolingual for this. It may be found on versiontracker.

jim