Performance of Mac Mini

xyz

Mar 23, 2005, 8:47:23 AM3/23/05
I am now using Mac Mini 1.42ghz with 256 mb ram. However, the speed is
really slow and planned to add more memory. Do you thing 512 or 1GB memory
would increase the speed?

B Collins

Mar 23, 2005, 5:11:40 PM3/23/05
In article <4241736f$1...@rain.i-cable.com>,
"xyz" <xyz46...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

Go for at least 512. 1 GB would be better.

--
To send e-mail, remove .invalid

Shane Lord

Mar 23, 2005, 7:03:47 PM3/23/05

I can only say from my experience (which is limited), the performance
of my 1.25 mini going from 256mb to 1gb has been nothing short of
amazing. Apps load faster, I can run more of them etc etc.

If you can afford it, go the 1gb (as we really only get one chance
with the mini due to it only having one slot).

Take it easy,
Shane.

Shawn Hearn

Mar 23, 2005, 11:51:33 PM3/23/05
In article <4241736f$1...@rain.i-cable.com>,
"xyz" <xyz46...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

That depends on what you need to do. If you are using software that
requires additional memory, then you will see an improvement in speed by
upgrading the memory.

seanlan...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2005, 4:52:14 PM3/24/05
I have a 1.42 with 512 MB of memory and everything seems pretty fast.
Last night I pulled video off my movie camera over firewire and edited
it in iMovie adding transitions and titles and it didn't seem sluggish
at all. I have also used GarageBand a bit and it seems fast as well.
I ran the trial version of Excel that comes with it and loaded up a
workspace that had about 50 sheets in it and everything was plenty
fast. We browsing also works fine. The only issue I have there is
that my mini is on the opposite side of the house from my wireless AP.

xyz

Mar 27, 2005, 7:00:31 AM3/27/05
I decided to upgrade the memory from 256 to 1G. Thanks for all your
recommendations.

<seanlan...@gmail.com>
???????:1111701134....@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...