Re: 15.0 is out

Robin Goodfellow

Sep 20, 2021, 3:47:43 PM9/20/21
"houn...@yahoo.co.uk" <houn...@yahoo.co.uk> asked
> So, when's iOS 16?
>
> ;)

Given Apple uses a primitive all-or-nothing method of updating the operating
system that _no other operating system uses_, it won't be long till
15.oh.shit.here.we.go.again (because Apple never tests iOS sufficiently).

Meanwhile Google announced they'll be adding security updates to _all_ the
billions of Android phones from Android 6 and up over Google Play Services.

*Every single Android 6+ phone in the world gets these security updates*.

That's because Android uses a modern operating system update method.
Android security updates completely independently of the OEM & the carrier.

If you don't understand how _primitive_ iOS updates are, allow me to explain
1. Apple updates the _entire_ operating system for _every_ bugfix.
(it's a delta for each phone - but it's _still_ the entire OS!)
2. Google updates _just_ the one component that has the bugfix.
(it's one file - and it's the same file - for all Android phones)

The only reason Google can't autoupdate Android phones _older_ than about
six years is that this modern security update method was added in Android 6.

nospam

Sep 20, 2021, 3:52:08 PM9/20/21
In article <siaogq$ibu$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Robin Goodfellow
<Ancient...@Heaven.Net> wrote:

> Given Apple uses a primitive all-or-nothing method of updating the operating
> system that _no other operating system uses_,

yet another thing you do not understand.

ios 14.8 update was *tiny*, maybe 15 seconds to download, if that much.

> Meanwhile Google announced they'll be

disabling permissions for unused apps, which is causing a lot of people
to become very annoyed.

Robin Goodfellow

Sep 20, 2021, 4:06:13 PM9/20/21
nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> asked
> yet another thing you do not understand.

I own _plenty_ of both iOS devices Android devices where what I understand
is that this question was about the _next_ update, which, for iOS, is yet
another iOS 15.oh.shit.apple.forgot.to.test.the.code.yet.again.and.again.
<https://i.postimg.cc/Xq5SpS4D/tmopromo02.jpg>

The iOS update mechanism is so _primitive_ that no other operating system is
updated in the monolithically idiotic way that Apple updates the buggy iOS.

> ios 14.8 update was *tiny*, maybe 15 seconds to download, if that much.

You think I don't own _many_ iOS devices nospam?
<https://i.postimg.cc/YC1B906F/tmopromo01.jpg>

My iOS updates are often _huge_ on my iOS devices, nospam.
Fantastically huge they often are but you always focus on the wrong things.

The _size_ isn't what makes the iOS update mechanism so primitive nospam.

What makes iOS primitive is that Apple can't just update individual security
modules without fucking with the entire operating system, nospam.

Meanwhile _every_ other modern operating system can do what iOS can't do.

For example, Google is adding a security update to _every_ Android phone
from Android 6 and above and, in fact, look at what the news says about
how _primitive_ iOS security updates are by way of comparison to Android...

https://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2021/09/google-is-going-to-let-older-android.html
"The new Android security features will be available to billions
on Android versions 6 and upward, where hopefully Apple will follow
the lead and launch a similarly modern security update system."

Alan Baker

Sep 20, 2021, 4:43:19 PM9/20/21
On 2021-09-20 12:47 p.m., Robin Goodfellow wrote:
> "houn...@yahoo.co.uk" <houn...@yahoo.co.uk> asked
>> So, when's iOS 16?
>>
>> ;)
>
> Given Apple uses a primitive all-or-nothing method of updating the operating
> system that _no other operating system uses_,

Well that's just a lie.

badgolferman

Sep 20, 2021, 4:57:32 PM9/20/21
Haven’t you said before all your iOS devices are on the same operating
system version with which they shipped? Why are you now saying all your iOS
updates are huge?

nospam

Sep 20, 2021, 4:58:39 PM9/20/21
In article <siapjb$11mc$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Robin Goodfellow
<Ancient...@Heaven.Net> wrote:

> You think I don't own _many_ iOS devices

owning something doesn't mean you know much about it.

Robin Goodfellow

Sep 20, 2021, 7:51:16 PM9/20/21
badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> asked
> Haven't you said before all your iOS devices are on the same operating
> system version with which they shipped? Why are you now saying all your iOS
> updates are huge?

Hi badgolferman,

At least you have a memory, which the apologists can't seem to come up with.

However, you weren't listening clearly (nor did you look at the screenshots
in my prior post) in that I have _many_ crippled iOS devices, some of which
are crippled iPhones, and others are crippled iPads (as you can easily
verify in my screenshots).

Just in case you missed it, here are two of my SIM-card iPads on my account:
<https://i.postimg.cc/L6dFGXVd/tmopromo03.jpg>

Those are the free-for-life SIM card crippled iPads that we spoke about many
years ago, remember? (I used to use these crippled iPads as extra
GPS-navigation devices and as extra VOIP-to-POTS speakerphones when
traveling.)

In those intervening years, I've proved many times the crippled iPads are
worthless compared to Android other than they have a larger screen &
battery, so, as a result of that, the grandkids play games on the iPads and
over the years they've had to update those iPads in order to keep playing
those games (which I update for them most of the time).

The iPhones are always fully updated as the use model for them is different.

On _my_ crippled iPads, those are basically worthless because an iPad is a
piece of shit compared to my free Android 5G phones, so those iPads that I
personally use I keep on the iOS that they were born with.

With the huge batteries on my Android phones nowadays, it's becoming obvious
the _only_ advantage of an iPad over an Android phone is the screen size.
--
To own any iOS device is to own a crippled device compared to what Android
can do, where I know this because I test _everything_ people claim here.

Robin Goodfellow

Sep 20, 2021, 7:54:57 PM9/20/21
nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> asked
>> You think I don't own _many_ iOS devices
>
> owning something doesn't mean you know much about it.

And yet, every time you try to claim that iOS can do some of the simplest
things that Android does day in and day out, I prove you wrong nospam.

I went to the finest schools in this country, and I worked alongside the
smartest people in Silicon Valley for decades, nospam, where it always
amazes me how incredibly ignorant all you apologists always prove to be.

I never met people as ignorant as you are, nospam, and what's worse, you're
the _least_ ignorant of all the apologists (which, itself, is shocking).

You don't even know the difference between the primitive update mechanism
that iOS uses vs the modern update methods _all_ other consumer OS's use.
--
What iOS users don't even realize is how incredibly crippled they are.

Robin Goodfellow

Sep 20, 2021, 8:00:47 PM9/20/21
nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> asked
>> And is v15 buggy? ;)
>
> no.

It's revealing how incredibly confident you are in your utter ignorance.

Given the sordid iOS 13 and iOS 14 bug-filled record, what evidence do you
have nospam, that iOS 15 isn't as bug filled as the prior two versions were?

iOS13: *Six Reasons Why iOS 13 and Catalina Are So Buggy*
<https://tidbits.com/2019/10/21/six-reasons-why-ios-13-and-catalina-are-so-buggy/>

iOS14: *The worst release to date*
<https://www.zdnet.com/article/ios-14-the-worst-release-to-date/>

iOS15: *Tired of iOS 15 beta bugs?*
Here's how to revert your iPhone back to iOS 14 before the final launch
<https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/tired-of-ios-15-beta-bugs-heres-how-to-revert-your-iphone-back-to-ios-14-before-the-final-launch/>

Worse, there are so many zero-click zero-day holes in iOS they stopped
accepting them long ago, nospam (all these facts you're ignorant of).
*Stop sending us Apple bugs, we have enough already*
<https://www.cyberscoop.com/ios-zero-day-zerodium-high-supply/>

YK

Sep 21, 2021, 4:57:17 PM9/21/21
Arlen doesn't know that 15.0 is not a Macintosh update, but he posts
where ever he wants.

YK

Alan Baker

Sep 21, 2021, 7:02:47 PM9/21/21
On 2021-09-20 5:00 p.m., Robin Goodfellow wrote:
> nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> asked
>>> And is v15 buggy? ;)
>>
>> no.
>
> It's revealing how incredibly confident you are in your utter ignorance.
>
> Given the sordid iOS 13 and iOS 14 bug-filled record, what evidence do you
> have nospam, that iOS 15 isn't as bug filled as the prior two versions were?
>
> iOS13: *Six Reasons Why iOS 13 and Catalina Are So Buggy*
> <https://tidbits.com/2019/10/21/six-reasons-why-ios-13-and-catalina-are-so-buggy/>
>
> iOS14: *The worst release to date*
> <https://www.zdnet.com/article/ios-14-the-worst-release-to-date/>
>
> iOS15: *Tired of iOS 15 beta bugs?*
> Here's how to revert your iPhone back to iOS 14 before the final launch
> <https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/tired-of-ios-15-beta-bugs-heres-how-to-revert-your-iphone-back-to-ios-14-before-the-final-launch/>

Betas have bugs?

Stop the presses!

Alan Baker

Sep 21, 2021, 8:49:06 PM9/21/21
On 2021-09-20 4:51 p.m., Robin Goodfellow wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> asked
>> Haven't you said before all your iOS devices are on the same operating
>> system version with which they shipped? Why are you now saying all your iOS
>> updates are huge?
>
> Hi badgolferman,
>
> At least you have a memory, which the apologists can't seem to come up with.
>
> However, you weren't listening clearly (nor did you look at the screenshots
> in my prior post) in that I have _many_ crippled iOS devices, some of which
> are crippled iPhones, and others are crippled iPads (as you can easily
> verify in my screenshots).
>
> Just in case you missed it, here are two of my SIM-card iPads on my account:
> <https://i.postimg.cc/L6dFGXVd/tmopromo03.jpg>

Posting a picture of a receipt where you've blanked out everything proves...

...what?

> Those are the free-for-life SIM card crippled iPads that we spoke about many
> years ago, remember? (I used to use these crippled iPads as extra
> GPS-navigation devices and as extra VOIP-to-POTS speakerphones when
> traveling.)
>
> In those intervening years, I've proved many times the crippled iPads are
> worthless compared to Android other than they have a larger screen &
> battery, so, as a result of that, the grandkids play games on the iPads and
> over the years they've had to update those iPads in order to keep playing
> those games (which I update for them most of the time).
>
> The iPhones are always fully updated as the use model for them is different.
>
> On _my_ crippled iPads, those are basically worthless because an iPad is a
> piece of shit compared to my free Android 5G phones, so those iPads that I
> personally use I keep on the iOS that they were born with.
>
> With the huge batteries on my Android phones nowadays, it's becoming obvious
> the _only_ advantage of an iPad over an Android phone is the screen size.

One wonders why you have iPhones and iPads if you believe they're so
"crippled"...

Bob Campbell

Sep 22, 2021, 8:10:43 AM9/22/21
Alan Baker <notony...@no.no.no.no> wrote:
> One wonders why you have iPhones and iPads if you believe they're so
> "crippled"...

This flaming fool has no Apple anything. He is just here seeking
attention.

As ALL trolls are.

Robin Goodfellow

Oct 4, 2021, 5:36:44 PM10/4/21
Bob Campbell <nu...@none.none> asked
> This flaming fool has no Apple anything.

And yet, I've personally tested every fantastically imagined fabricated iOS
solution proposed by the apologists which I easily proved to be wrong.

Hence, given the ignorant apologists lead innocents on wild-goose chases...

The question isn't whether I own plenty of iOS devices, but _why_ apologists
are so fantastically ignorant if I know so much more about iOS than they do.

For example, apologists claim you can output the list of apps on your iOS
device to the iOS device using only the iOS device, like Android can do.

And yet - *even something _that incredibly simple_ is impossible with iOS*.
How do you think I know this?

Ask me how.
--
Never forget that Apple is all Marketing and almost no R&D whatsoever.
Those who fall completely for marketing bullshit are not intelligent people.