No response received!

David Brooks

Jul 23, 2022, 3:14:57 AM7/23/22
A most interesting article, for which I thank you.

Did you ascertain why, of all the products you tested, ClamXav is the
only company which doesn't ask for one's email address before granting a
'free trial'?

Did you use the official uninstaller?
https://www.clamxav.com/sup...
How do I uninstall ClamXAV completely?
You can simply drag ClamXAV.app to the trash; after a few seconds you’ll
see a message asking if you would also like to uninstall the scanning
engine.
If this doesn’t happen or it doesn’t appear to have worked, you can
download the uninstaller and run it manually. The uninstaller will
remove the scanning engine, preferences and any schedules you’ve got set
up. But we’ll be sorry to see you go
=
Having used the uninstaller, did you check all the ADDITIONAL items
which ClamXav had loaded onto your computer but which were NOT removed
during the process? I don't know if anything malicious is left behind
but if YOU didn't check, who has?!!!
HTH
David B.

=

Posted in the comments section, here:-
https://uk.pcmag.com/antivirus/4669/clamxav-for-mac?

Bob Campbell

Jul 23, 2022, 12:40:18 PM7/23/22
David Brooks <nom...@afraid.org> wrote:

> Posted in the comments section, here:-
> https://uk.pcmag.com/antivirus/4669/clamxav-for-mac?

Clearly, Neil knows you are the ClamXAV stalker nutbag. Your “comment” is
gone.

David Brooks

Jul 23, 2022, 12:55:22 PM7/23/22
Not so here in the UK. Would you like a screenshot?

Maybe someone else will confirm that my comment *IS* still there.

ClamXAV is snake oil - isn't it?

David Brooks

Jul 23, 2022, 1:10:48 PM7/23/22
Screenshot for Bob who, once again, is mistaken!

https://imgur.com/a/HXnI6Xo?third_party=1#_=_

Bob Campbell

Jul 24, 2022, 12:23:16 AM7/24/22
No, I am NOT mistaken. Clearly, we are looking at different web sites.
Your comment is NOT on the page I see.

David Brooks

Jul 24, 2022, 3:57:33 AM7/24/22
On 24/07/2022 05:23, Bob Campbell wrote:
> David Brooks <nom...@afraid.org> wrote:

>>> Not so here in the UK. Would you like a screenshot?
>>>
>>> Maybe someone else will confirm that my comment *IS* still there.
>>>
>>> ClamXAV is snake oil - isn't it?
>>
>> Screenshot for Bob who, once again, is mistaken!
>>
>> https://imgur.com/a/HXnI6Xo?third_party=1#_=_
>
> No, I am NOT mistaken. Clearly, we are looking at different web sites.
> Your comment is NOT on the page I see.

Please post the URL to the site which YOU are reviewing and I'll check
what it shows here in the UK. Thanks.

David Brooks

Jul 24, 2022, 4:38:31 AM7/24/22
On 24/07/2022 05:23, *WAS* Bob Campbell telling 'porkies'?

What do YOU think? - Do tell.

(See below too)
THIS fellow posted there too:- https://disqus.com/by/wolffan/

Do you see HIS post?

I've just responded to him! https://imgur.com/gallery/KZl5fqc

The web page is still 'live' (and 'works' from 'imgur' too!)

David Brooks

Jul 24, 2022, 5:44:55 PM7/24/22
Can /anyone/ see the comments I made?

Is Bob Campbell right or wrong?

Wolffan

Jul 24, 2022, 6:39:42 PM7/24/22
On 24 Jul 2022, David Brooks wrote
(in article <6y7DK.299667$MWc5....@fx06.ams1>):
the only comment of yours that I see there is your reply to me, vile one.

David Brooks

Jul 25, 2022, 5:58:44 PM7/25/22
You responded to me - anyone can see that!

https://uk.pcmag.com/antivirus/4669/clamxav-for-mac

Wolffan

Jul 25, 2022, 7:10:17 PM7/25/22
On 25 Jul 2022, David Brooks wrote
(in article <jmEDK.715394$70_9....@fx10.ams1>):
you idiot, I just posted that I saw your reply to me...

David Brooks

Jul 26, 2022, 3:15:00 AM7/26/22
You can NOT see my second response to you.

*It has not been published*

ClamXAV is *snake oil*!

Wolffan

Jul 27, 2022, 12:00:08 AM7/27/22
On 26 Jul 2022, David Brooks wrote
(in article <PvMDK.1064331$WVT9....@fx11.ams1>):
hmm. you said that I’d replied to you... without mentioning a second reply.
I posted that I saw one comment of yours, your reply to me. You’re posting
while drunk. again.

> *It has not been published*
>
> ClamXAV is *snake oil*!

nope. you, however, are an idiot.

Joerg Lorenz

Jul 27, 2022, 4:24:54 PM7/27/22
Am 23.07.22 um 09:14 schrieb David Brooks:
> A most interesting article, for which I thank you.
>
> Did you ascertain why, of all the products you tested, ClamXav is the
> only company which doesn't ask for one's email address before granting a
> 'free trial'?
>
> Did you use the official uninstaller?
> https://www.clamxav.com/sup...
> How do I uninstall ClamXAV completely?

Never install it in the first place. It is compromising your Mac.
If you could not resist: Reinstall Mac OS from scratch.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

David Brooks

Jul 27, 2022, 4:36:21 PM7/27/22
On 27/07/2022 21:24, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 23.07.22 um 09:14 schrieb David Brooks:
>> A most interesting article, for which I thank you.
>>
>> Did you ascertain why, of all the products you tested, ClamXav is the
>> only company which doesn't ask for one's email address before granting a
>> 'free trial'?
>>
>> Did you use the official uninstaller?
>> https://www.clamxav.com/sup...
>> How do I uninstall ClamXAV completely?
>
> Never install it in the first place. It is compromising your Mac.

Ah! Is someone, at last, taking me seriously?!!

> If you could not resist: Reinstall Mac OS from scratch.

It wasn't that I /couldn't/ resist. I deliberately purchased and
installed it because
I wanted to prove that something *IS* amiss with ClamXAV.

I have subsequently done as you recommend. I erased everything on my
hard drive and reinstalled macOS Monterey from scratch. All seems to be
working well. :-D

nospam

Jul 27, 2022, 6:03:27 PM7/27/22
In article <4lhEK.1011593$AS_9....@fx12.ams1>, David Brooks
<nom...@afraid.org> wrote:

> I have subsequently done as you recommend. I erased everything on my
> hard drive

stop there.

pothead

Jul 27, 2022, 7:09:06 PM7/27/22
ROTFLMAO !

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

David Brooks

Jul 27, 2022, 7:44:06 PM7/27/22
On 28/07/2022 00:09, pothead wrote:
> On 2022-07-27, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> In article <4lhEK.1011593$AS_9....@fx12.ams1>, David Brooks
>> <nom...@afraid.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I have subsequently done as you recommend. I erased everything on my
>>> hard drive
>>
>> stop there.
>
> ROTFLMAO !

Sadly, it's NOT funny. :-(

I've read that there are some folk who believe that malware can infect
the *firmware* of a computer, so even replacing the hard drive with a
brand new one will not eradicate the compromise of the machine. It needs
to be completely destroyed.

Jolly Roger

Jul 27, 2022, 8:26:09 PM7/27/22
What are you waiting for?

JR

nospam

Jul 27, 2022, 9:00:44 PM7/27/22
In article <55kEK.581509$Gx85....@fx07.ams1>, David Brooks
<nom...@afraid.org> wrote:

> >> stop there.
> >
> > ROTFLMAO !
>
> Sadly, it's NOT funny. :-(
>
> I've read that there are some folk who believe that malware can infect
> the *firmware* of a computer, so even replacing the hard drive with a
> brand new one will not eradicate the compromise of the machine. It needs
> to be completely destroyed.

take your own advice and completely destroy all of your computers.

David Brooks

Jul 28, 2022, 4:22:18 AM7/28/22
On 28/07/2022 01:26, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2022-07-27, David Brooks <nom...@afraid.org> wrote:

>>> ROTFLMAO !
>>
>> Sadly, it's NOT funny. :-(
>>
>> I've read that there are some folk who believe that malware can infect
>> the *firmware* of a computer, so even replacing the hard drive with a
>> brand new one will not eradicate the compromise of the machine. It needs
>> to be completely destroyed.
>
> What are you waiting for?

You don't pay proper attention!

I *DID* do exactly that - on advice from our, then, police high-tech
crime unit.

Shortly after that, I switched over from Microsoft to Apple and have
never looked back!

David Brooks

Jul 28, 2022, 4:23:22 AM7/28/22
I did that already and then started over with Apple machines!

nospam

Jul 28, 2022, 5:00:55 AM7/28/22
In article <WHrEK.1066885$WVT9....@fx11.ams1>, David Brooks
<nom...@afraid.org> wrote:

> >> Sadly, it's NOT funny. :-(
> >>
> >> I've read that there are some folk who believe that malware can infect
> >> the *firmware* of a computer, so even replacing the hard drive with a
> >> brand new one will not eradicate the compromise of the machine. It needs
> >> to be completely destroyed.
> >
> > take your own advice and completely destroy all of your computers.
>
> I did that already and then started over with Apple machines!

do it again.

David Brooks

Jul 28, 2022, 6:38:52 AM7/28/22