Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today.

Data storage on an Apple Mac - A question! (Was - Smelly fish)

David Brooks

Dec 7, 2023, 12:52:22 PM12/7/23
On 07/12/2023 17:06, David Brooks wrote:
> Oops!
>
> Read *HERE* to find out:-
>
> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255311045?answerId=259886050022&page=2&sortBy=best

Do *you* know WHERE on one's computer the System Information data is stored?

Can a normal user locate it? If so, how?

Jörg Lorenz

Dec 7, 2023, 1:33:47 PM12/7/23
Am 07.12.23 um 18:52 schrieb David Brooks:
You got enough answers.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Alan

Dec 7, 2023, 1:49:34 PM12/7/23
Go away.

David Brooks

Dec 8, 2023, 6:52:44 AM12/8/23
No.

I've been looking for a place where EtreCheck might store information on a
user's computer - *out of sight*, as it were.

A back-door that nobody would notice.

I've found no evidence of HOW John Daniel (Etresoft) makes a living.
Certainly not by giving away his software for free!

Alan

Dec 8, 2023, 11:20:42 AM12/8/23
On 2023-12-08 03:52, David Brooks wrote:
> On 07/12/2023 18:49, Alan wrote:

>>> Do *you* know WHERE on one's computer the System Information data is
>>> stored?
>>>
>>> Can a normal user locate it? If so, how?
>>>

>> Go away.
>
> No.
>
> I've been looking for a place where <redacted software> might store information on a
> user's computer - *out of sight*, as it were.
>
> A back-door that nobody would notice.
>
> I've found no evidence of HOW <redacted name> makes a living.
> Certainly not by giving away his software for free!

You're an online stalker/harasser.

Go away.

David Brooks

Dec 8, 2023, 1:01:11 PM12/8/23
On 08/12/2023 16:20, Alan wrote:
[....]

> You're an online stalker/harasser.

You know this HOW?

> Go away.

NO!

Alan

Dec 8, 2023, 1:12:37 PM12/8/23
On 2023-12-08 10:01, David Brooks wrote:
> On 08/12/2023 16:20, Alan wrote:
> [....]
>>
>> You're an online stalker/harasser.
>
> You know this HOW?

Long experience of you.

Go away.

David Brooks

Dec 8, 2023, 1:35:15 PM12/8/23
No.

Can you explain this pie chart, drawn up by EtreCheck - the paid-for
version?

What does the red sector signify?

Alan

Dec 8, 2023, 2:16:33 PM12/8/23
On 2023-12-08 10:35, David Brooks wrote:
> On 08/12/2023 18:12, Alan wrote:
>> On 2023-12-08 10:01, David Brooks wrote:
>>> On 08/12/2023 16:20, Alan wrote:
>>> [....]

>>> You know this HOW?
>>
>> Long experience of you.
>>
>> Go away.
>
> No.
>
> Can you explain this pie chart, drawn up by <name of app redacted> - the paid-for
> version?

If you'd been bright enough to actually include it, I probably could
have....

> What does the red sector signify?
...but I wouldn't tell you.

Go away.

David Brooks

Dec 8, 2023, 2:34:51 PM12/8/23
https://i.ibb.co/XXZ2z0k/Screenshot-2022-03-14-at-11-51-20.png

> What does the red sector signify?

It looks a bit fishy to me!

https://i.ibb.co/5T2kbTM/IMG-1702.jpg

David Brooks

Dec 8, 2023, 2:42:17 PM12/8/23
On 08/12/2023 19:16, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-12-08 10:35, David Brooks wrote:

>>> Long experience of you.
>>>
>>> Go away.
>>
>> No.
>>
>> Can you explain this pie chart, drawn up by <name of app redacted> -
>> the paid-for version?
>
> If you'd been bright enough to actually include it, I probably could
> have....

Doh!

>> What does the red sector signify?

> ...but I wouldn't tell you.

If you CAN tell me I *WILL* go away!

Mind you, none of the boffins on the ASC forums knew why!

David Brooks

Dec 8, 2023, 2:58:45 PM12/8/23
On 08/12/2023 01:25, Tyrone wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2023 at 12:52:17 PM EST, "David Brooks" <B...@invalid.invalid.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On 07/12/2023 17:06, David Brooks wrote:
>>> Oops!
>>>
>>> Read *HERE* to find out:-
>>>
>>> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255311045?answerId=259886050022&page=2&sortBy=best
>>
>> Do *you* know WHERE on one's computer the System Information data is stored?
>
> Why do you even care? And why do you keep linking to this stupid topic that
> you started?

Have you actually read here?
https://sites.google.com/site/howtotellifyourmacishacked/is-etrecheck-malware

"What better way to disguise malware than as a "friendly checkup" app
that helps you diagnose "beach-balling" and remove "bloatware"? In
computing, a trojan horse is defined as a program designed to breach the
security of a computer system while ostensibly performing some innocuous
function. Who would think that something that is supposed to fix
problems is actually a problem itself? There have similarly been cases
of virus scan software that actually was malware itself."

>> Can a normal user locate it? If so, how?
>
> A normal user probably could. Which means that clearly, you can not.
>
> Just do your usual "I don't understand it, therefore it must be evil" retarded
> logic and reformat/reinstall MacOS again.

I'm now quite adept at reformatting and reinstalling my macOS!

--
Idiot.

Great new signature you have, Tyrone! :-D

Kelly Phillips

Dec 11, 2023, 10:21:58 PM12/11/23
On Fri, 8 Dec 2023 18:01:06 +0000, David Brooks <B...@invalid.invalid.uk> wrote:

>On 08/12/2023 16:20, Alan wrote:
>[....]
>>
>> You're an online stalker/harasser.
>
>You know this HOW?

You've been doing it out in the open all these years. Did you think people
wouldn't notice?