Re: Copy pictures from Iphone to Mac computer

Ant

Aug 2, 2021, 7:18:47 PMAug 2
Hello.

Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export
other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes selfie
talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file didn't do much
too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video converter anywhere or
does one have to get a third party? This is for Mac users who don't know
tech stuff. :/

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
2021 is repeating 2020. :( Please get your vaccine shot(s) if you haven't done so! :)
| |o o| |

Ant

Aug 2, 2021, 7:27:27 PMAug 2
Oops. I forgot to change my newsgroup titles! :(

In comp.sys.mac.apps Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> Hello.

> Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app
> export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes
> selfie talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file
> didn't do much too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video
> converter anywhere or does one have to get a third party? This is for
> Mac users who don't know tech stuff. I even tried QT Player's export
> with Photo Booth's video recordings, but it only lets me save as MOV
> files. Did I miss something? :/

Dr Eberhard Lisse

Aug 3, 2021, 6:47:58 AMAug 3
Google is your friend.

There are gazillions of converters out there.

el

--
To email me replace 'nospam' with 'el'

Lewis

Aug 3, 2021, 5:45:53 PMAug 3
In message <M7OdnbeHxN7S4JX8...@earthlink.com> Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Hello.

> Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export
> other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes selfie
> talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file didn't do much
> too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video converter anywhere or
> does one have to get a third party? This is for Mac users who don't know
> tech stuff. :/

OMG! ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN MB! How many floppies is that.

Pffft. Please. I have text files that are larger than 115MB.

And no, compressing a video file is a waste of time. Converting it to a
more efficient format is the only thing you can do. There are probably
hundreds of tools to do this. I use ffmpeg from the command line, but
HandBrake is a very good GUI tool.

--
Up the airy mountains, down the rushy glen... From ghosties and
bogles and long-leggity beasties... My mother said I never

Lewis

Aug 3, 2021, 5:47:18 PMAug 3
In message <imrjlb...@mid.individual.net> Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2021-08-02, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>> Oops. I forgot to change my newsgroup titles! :(
>>

>> In comp.sys.mac.apps Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>
>>> Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app
>>> export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes
>>> selfie talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file
>>> didn't do much too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video
>>> converter anywhere or does one have to get a third party? This is for
>>> Mac users who don't know tech stuff. I even tried QT Player's export
>>> with Photo Booth's video recordings, but it only lets me save as MOV
>>> files. Did I miss something? :/
>>
>>> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

> I just tried an export and got a 61KB JPEG file.

> I wasn't even aware Photo Booth was capable of exporting (or capturing)
> video.

Yep. There's a picture option on the lower left and a video option. The
video is, I think, MPEG-2?

> Anyhow, if you want to encode video to some other format, Handbrake is
> the standard tool to use. It's free and easy to use. So why not use it?

Yep.

--
Rid yourself of doubt -- or should you? -George Carlin