Question on Reply All in Mail

Connor Shannon

Dec 3, 2023, 12:41:59 PM12/3/23
Thank you to every body who helped with the Mail/Calender alerts.

When I do a Reply All in Apple Mail, it puts the person who sent the most recent message in To and every body else in CC. I have to drag every name one by one up to To. I looked in Mail settings and couldn't find anything that would make every body To instead of CC. Did I miss one? Or is it okay for every body else to be in CC? Won't they get dropped next time some body replies?

Thank you.

Paul Goodman

Dec 3, 2023, 1:32:09 PM12/3/23
Just leave them in the CC. They won’t get dropped ever unless the next
person removes them from the list.

Paul Goodman

Connor Shannon

Dec 3, 2023, 3:26:43 PM12/3/23
Oh okay, thanks. I thought maybe they all needed to be in To.

Your Name

Dec 3, 2023, 3:33:57 PM12/3/23
Connor Shannon <cshann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you to every body who helped with the Mail/Calender alerts.
>
> When I do a Reply All in Apple Mail, it puts the person who sent the most
> recent message in To and every body else in CC. I have to drag every name
> one by one up to To. I looked in Mail settings and couldn't find anything
> that would make every body To instead of CC. Did I miss one? Or is it
> okay for every body else to be in CC? Won't they get dropped next time
> some body replies?
>
> Thank you.

As Paul Goodman said, it isn't necessary to move them, but if you do
want to move the names, you do not have to do them one by one.

1. Click in the CC line of names

2. Perform a Select All - either via the Edit menu or by pressing Command A

3. Either:
- drag any name to the To line, they will all go with it
or - cut the names (Edit menu or Command X) from the CC line
and Paste (Edit menu or Command V) them into the To line

Connor Shannon

Dec 3, 2023, 8:59:08 PM12/3/23
Oh thank you selecting and dragging worked great!