Is Apple the only company to experience zero-day exploits...

Alan

Sep 6, 2022, 3:09:40 PM9/6/22
...or is it just one whiner who only points out such things when it's Apple?

:-)

<https://www.spiceworks.com/it-security/vulnerability-management/news/google-chrome-zero-day-vulnerability-2/>

My, my!

6 this year ALONE

Your Name

Sep 6, 2022, 4:35:15 PM9/6/22
On 2022-09-06 19:09:35 +0000, Alan said:

> ...or is it just one whiner who only points out such things when it's Apple?

The idiots in the "news media" tend to use Apple to grab headline
attention, even when the problem affects others as well. Then you get
morons like the village idiot trool Arlen who hasn't got enough brains
to read actually read the facts in teh article who then posts his "only
Apple" garbage.

A good example being the recent chip flaws that in reality affect *all*
ARM processors, yet news headlines and idiot Arlen kept spouting on
about how it was an Apple Silicon problem.

Bob Campbell

Sep 6, 2022, 5:53:00 PM9/6/22
You have to remember, Arlen is a kiddie troll. Like all kiddie trolls,
his entire life is built around claiming to be an adult and then proving he
is a child by spewing absurd lies about whatever topic he is trolling
about.

As with all Usenet kiddie trolls, it is best to ignore him. Children have
a very short attention span. After a couple weeks of being ignored, he
will go away.

Andy Burnelli

Sep 6, 2022, 6:31:54 PM9/6/22
Your Name wrote:

> The idiots in the "news media" tend to use Apple to grab headline
> attention, even when the problem affects others as well.

No. The real problem is the combination of two Apple-only factors.
1. *Apple advertises that it is a "better" product* (when it's not)
2. *Apple iKooks invest a huge portion of their ego into that assumption*

Apple products are the worst in almost all categories, especially in terms
of zero-day exploits, which Apple _never_ finds (even the recent ones which
were widely exploited in the wild for months that forced Apple to update
their older iOS platforms - where Apple has the _worst_ record on the
length of time that apps are updated (far worse than even Android in fact).

*Apple has historically always been the worst in terms of iOS exploits*

Apple has had over a dozen zero-day exploits this year on iOS alone.
The iKooks _hate_ that fact that Apple has the worst record on zero-days.

So they posted this thread because their ego required them to blame
everyone but Apple for Apple having the worst record of zero-day holes.

Alan

Sep 6, 2022, 6:36:26 PM9/6/22
On 2022-09-06 15:32, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Your Name wrote:
>
>> The idiots in the "news media" tend to use Apple to grab headline
>> attention, even when the problem affects others as well.
>
> No. The real problem is the combination of two Apple-only factors.
> 1. *Apple advertises that it is a "better" product* (when it's not)

Many, many...

...MANY...

...people disagree.

> 2. *Apple iKooks invest a huge portion of their ego into that assumption*
>
> Apple products are the worst in almost all categories, especially in terms
> of zero-day exploits, which Apple _never_ finds (even the recent ones which
> were widely exploited in the wild for months that forced Apple to update
> their older iOS platforms - where Apple has the _worst_ record on the
> length of time that apps are updated (far worse than even Android in fact).

How many zero-day exploits has Apple had this year?

Andy Burnelli

Sep 6, 2022, 6:38:40 PM9/6/22
What always happens with these iKooks is their "ego" is intertwined with
Apple's claims of being better than the other platforms.

So these iKooks invested all their money into these bogus claims by Apple.

And then when they find out that Apple has the _worst_ record on smartphone
zero-day holes, they desperately look around to blame someone... ANYONE!

Given Apple zero-day holes are _double_ this year (and every year) than
Android zero-day holes, these iKooks _blame_ Android for Apple's bugs.

That's what this thread is all about.
*iKooks _blaming_ Android for iOS' dozen zero-day holes this year*

nospam

Sep 6, 2022, 6:51:41 PM9/6/22
In article <1X6dnajvEq-pXIr-...@supernews.com>, Bob
Campbell <nu...@none.none> wrote:

> You have to remember, Arlen is a kiddie troll. Like all kiddie trolls,
> his entire life is built around claiming to be an adult and then proving he
> is a child by spewing absurd lies about whatever topic he is trolling
> about.
>
> As with all Usenet kiddie trolls, it is best to ignore him. Children have
> a very short attention span. After a couple weeks of being ignored, he
> will go away.

no he won't.

Bob Campbell

Sep 6, 2022, 7:13:09 PM9/6/22
It’s worth a try. He gets WAY too much attention here.

Even if he continues to post his childish drivel, the real adults here will
feel better by not enabling him.

Andy Burnelli

Sep 6, 2022, 8:56:22 PM9/6/22
Bob Campbell wrote:

> It's worth a try. He gets WAY too much attention here.

I didn't even _see_ this thread until someone responded to Alan Baker.
This IQ 40 iKook Bob Campbell doesn't even realize that fact.
Like all iKooks are, yes, indeed, unfathomably so... He's _that_ stupid.

> Even if he continues to post his childish drivel, the real adults here will
> feel better by not enabling him.

I love when the iKooks can't respond to facts as an adult, and then, their
_only_ response is to parrot _exactly_ my words of what _they_ do.

It's further proof of what they show clear evidence of, which is:
a. The iKooks are unfathomably ignorant (all very low IQs except nospam)
b. Not a single one of the iKooks has a college education (not even nospam)
c. Most important: Their entire ego is indelibly intertwined with Apple ads

This entire thread is evidence that (a) the iKooks were unaware iOS has the
*worst* record on zero-day holes of all smartphone platforms, so (b) they
are desperate to shift the blame to Android (which has _half_ of what iOS
has).

*Somehow, the fact Android always has fewer zero-day holes bothers them.*

It bothers these iKooks to the point that they claim Apple is as bad as
Android, and yet, the facts show Apple is far _worse_ than even Android.

And Android's record sucks.
That's how bad Apple's zero-day hole record is.

Andy Burnelli

Sep 6, 2022, 8:58:27 PM9/6/22
nospam wrote:

> no he won't.

Actually, given my role here is to expose the iKooks for what they are, if
you iKooks go away, then I'll have no need to refute the claims you make.

In this case, it's interesting that Alan Baker _hates_ that Android has
half the zero-day holes as iOS, so, he posts a thread blaming Android for
Apple's immense number of zero-day holes (iOS being the worst of all).

It's classic for Apple iKooks to blame Android for Apple's zero-day bugs.