File sharing switces to "off" with every reboot. why?

1 view

JF Mezei

Aug 11, 2021, 2:09:54 AM8/11/21
High Sierra
in the System app, choose "Sharing", authenticate,
turn file sharing on. Click "options", SMB is already on, but must turn
on AFP. There is an entry to associate my account to a directory sof
SMB purposes.

Works fine.

Window Server crashes the mac, or short power interruption, Mac reboots,
and file sharing is back to "off". When I turn it back on, SMB is on in
the options but not AFP, and SMB association for my account remains
(lather, rinse repeat).

Why does it go back to "off" at every reboot? and is there a way to stop
this so it remains on by default when I reboot and log back in?

Percival John Hackworth

Aug 11, 2021, 7:37:04 AM8/11/21
On 10-Aug-2021 at 11:09:50PM PDT, "JF Mezei" <jfmezei...@vaxination.ca>
wrote:
Try an experiment.

Backup your system.
Reboot.
Is SMB file sharing turned on or off?

I don't use SMB but Apple File Sharing and it's still on when I reboot on my
10.13.16 system.

Lewis

Aug 11, 2021, 4:59:57 PM8/11/21
In message <OQJQI.20978$yS5....@fx46.iad> JF Mezei <jfmezei...@vaxination.ca> wrote:
> High Sierra
> in the System app

What is "the System app"??

--
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before
you, and to hear the lamentation of the women