Is MBP's battery supposed to drain overnight (>8 hrs.) when asleep without its power AC connection?

Ant

May 23, 2023, 12:11:26 PM5/23/23
Hello,

It happened with my traveling client's 13" 2020 MBP (A2251 model;
MWP62LL/A; Intel Core i7 (2.3 GHz; quad-core 10th gen. i7 CPU; 8 MB; L3
cache (Turbo Boost up to 4.1 GHz)), 32 GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X RAM, 2 TB
PCIe-based SSD, Intel Iris Plus graphic, macOS Big Sur v11.7.7, etc.).
His macOS' battery usage shows nothing on screen during its sleep. It
did show Spotlight's power usage briefly in the early morning hours when
he woke it up. Its battery health says normal. Is it because of the week
old Anker Series 7/PowerPort III 3 (US Black Iteration 1; A2667111; 65W)
even though not connected?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." --Acts 1:8. Slammy Mon. since after 3:14:15... AM PDT. Thanks God 4 no No. CA trip & dang Lakers again.
| |o o| |

Alan

May 23, 2023, 1:38:35 PM5/23/23
On 2023-05-23 09:11, Ant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It happened with my traveling client's 13" 2020 MBP (A2251 model;
> MWP62LL/A; Intel Core i7 (2.3 GHz; quad-core 10th gen. i7 CPU; 8 MB; L3
> cache (Turbo Boost up to 4.1 GHz)), 32 GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X RAM, 2 TB
> PCIe-based SSD, Intel Iris Plus graphic, macOS Big Sur v11.7.7, etc.).
> His macOS' battery usage shows nothing on screen during its sleep. It
> did show Spotlight's power usage briefly in the early morning hours when
> he woke it up. Its battery health says normal. Is it because of the week
> old Anker Series 7/PowerPort III 3 (US Black Iteration 1; A2667111; 65W)
> even though not connected?
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Definitely not.