Re: For adults, this hardware issue affects LOTS of GPUs, not just Apple (was: For adults, what do you think about Apple's strategy of letting the hackers exploit their hardware/software?)

Your Name

Jan 19, 2024, 3:47:51 PMJan 19
On 2024-01-19 15:42:09 +0000, Tyrone said:
> On Dec 28, 2023 at 12:21:33 AM EST, "Wally J" <walte...@invalid.nospam>
> wrote:
>
> A bunch of drivel.

It always is from the know-nothing anti-Apple trolls. :-\

> The facts are, "This currently affects Apple, Qualcomm, AMD, and Imagination
> GPUs but not Nvidia and ARM, as confirmed by Trail of Bits. "
>
> And it is a GPU issue, not a CPU issue. Do you EVER get ANYTHING right?

It also does not affect Intel GPUs (although they only tested *one*),
so those of us with older Macs with the integrated Intel GPU apparently
don't have the issue.

Of course, like all other malware, it's basically theoretical and won't
be seen by anyone in the real world ... just the scaremongering world
of anti-malware sellers and anti-Apple trolls.

WolfFan

Jan 20, 2024, 3:24:25 PMJan 20
On Jan 19, 2024, Your Name wrote
(in article <uoen5h$3a1ue$1...@dont-email.me>):
In times past I saw some actual real malware: Scores, WDEF, nVIR. I also
encountered, more recently, the AutoStart Worm. (Well, it was more recent
than Scores or WDEF or nVIR. Just not very recent.) In times closer to the
present, but still quite a while back, I made quite a bit of money resquing
some Mac users (and a whole lot of Windows users) from the fake FBI
‘virus’. I haven’t seen live Mac malware since then. (Lots of Windows
malware, though.)