On Aug 3, 2021 at 10:44:02 PM MST, "Snit" wrote <COpOI.1065$Fx8...@fx45.iad>:
> Apple's new online store: scroll oddities
> Apple has updated their online store. I looked at it -- and found scrolling
> failed in Safari. I relaunched Safari, turned off ad blockers, emptied the
> cache. No luck.
> It works fine in Chrome.
> I am using a third party mouse and a third party mouse driver. Tried turning
> off the mouse driver to use Apple's (did not uninstall just went to the
> Preferences and turned the driver to "Off"). No dice.
> Hope it is just a temporary glitch and Apple will quickly fix this (or some
> very odd thing about my system).
> Curious if others are seeing this same issue. Here is a quick video of it,
> though of course you cannot see when I am scrolling.
Update: sorta got it figured out. Order is all wrong here, and likely
forgetting some, but what I tried:
* Took away my custom CSS. No change. Nor would I expect that because does
same in Safari Tech Preview.
* Rebooted into safemode. No change.
* Uninstalled the third party mouse driver. No change.
* Tried a different user account. No change.
* Tried an Apple mouse. WORKS!
* Tried a different third party mouse. Did not work.
* Tried a different system with a third party mouse. DID NOT WORK!
Aha. Seems there is something odd with this combo:
* using a third party mouse
* using Safari