Re: Power Mac G4

Otto Pylot

Aug 30, 2021, 2:51:26 PM8/30/21
On Aug 17, 2021 at 11:28:37 AM PDT, "Ed Norton" <nor...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 13:50:07 -0400, Graham J wrote
> (in article <sfgssh$vlk$1...@dont-email.me>):
>
>> Is there a market for a Power Mac G4 in unknown condition?
>>

> I have one of those also including the ginormous monitor that goes with
> it. I also have a buttload of old IIci's, Powerbooks, iMac's, SE's,
> MacBook Pro's, etc. Even the original "portable" aka "lugable". Apple
> IIe's, a IIc, and all kinds of accessories, accelerator cards,
> interface cards, cables, disk drives, carrying cases. etc, etc, Oh,
> and an Apple Digital Camera. Probably a lot of other stuff I have
> forgotten also. Plus Application and System software for all of them
> going back to the original Macintosh. Everything works as far as I
> know. God only knows if the floppy disks are good after all this time.
>
> I'm sure there is a market for it. Just look on eBay. No matter what
> it is, there is somebody who is looking for it. Maybe even broken, for
> parts. My guess is that I could get a couple of thousand dollars for
> it all, but the effort of listing, testing, shipping, and returns when
> someone is dissatisfied just isn't worth it to me I'm afraid it's all
> headed for the local electronics recycling bin... who probably just
> ships it to Nigeria where it pollutes the land.
>
> Sic transit gloria mundi.

Pick a representative sample of the equipment in chronological order and set
up a little "tech museum" someplace that your wife (if you are married) won't
mind. I too have a bunch of Apple things (original iPods, iPhones, etc) neatly
arranged at the end of a bookcase. Nice comversation piece for when folks come
over. The big-@ssed "dual mirror" G4 is still in the closet tho along with
stacks of drives, external toys, etc.
--
Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before.