Mac OS X 10.2.8: assertion failed in bfdio

Cédric Pillonel

Dec 4, 2003, 4:17:49 AM12/4/03

I'm running Mac OS X 10.2.8 on a G4. My C++ application unexpectedly quits
and I see the following error in the debugger:

BFD: bfd version 2.13.90 20021014: assertion failed on line 309 of
"/SourceCache/binutils/binutils-40/src/bfd/bfdio.c":
bfd_cache_lookup_null(x) != NULL
Bus error

Is my application responsible? Or is it a bug in Darwin?

I think this problem is new with 10.2.8 since I have never seen it with the
previous releases of Mac OS X. Is this a known problem? Is it fixed in Mac
OS X 10.3.x?

Thank you.
Cédric Pillonel