Where are vec_free and vec_malloc?

Mike

Oct 23, 2003, 4:24:21 AM10/23/03
Where are vec_free and vec_malloc? Which header file and which
framework? I'm using ProjectBuilder version 2.1 on OS X 10.2.8 to build
the FFT sample program described in vDSP_Library.pdf. I'm getting
errors saying that the compiler doesn't recognize those symbols and the
linker can't find the code. altivec_support.pdf says they are in
stdlib.h, but they are not. The sample code includes vSDP.h and vfp.h,
but they aren't there. I've looked everywhere I can think of.

I'd like to grep every file on my computer to find any that contain
"vec_malloc", but I've forgotten how to do that.

When I use the Finder's Find command to look inside files for
"vec_malloc", it returns files that include "malloc", which means I get
a million file names.

Mike

Lally Singh

Oct 30, 2003, 4:22:41 PM10/30/03
find . -type f -exec grep vec_malloc {} \; -print