Java problems on Panther?

Dragonmaster Lou

Nov 9, 2003, 11:39:58 PM11/9/03
I have a little Java app I wrote a while back to handle some basic
calculations/die rolls/etc. for an RPG. If you're interested in it, I
could send it your way, although it's mostly used for a home brew RPG
ruleset that none of you are probably familiar with.

Anyway, it worked fine on Windows (where I wrote it originally before
switching and becoming much happier, thank you very much :P), OS X 10.1
and 10.2. However, it appears that something's amiss with the Java on
Panther. When I double click the jar file to load it up, it just hangs.
Same thing happens if I run the applet manually from the terminal.

Anyone know if there are any known Panther/Java issues and how to fix
them or work around then?

Thanks.

--

-------------------- http://www.techhouse.org/lou ----------------------
"Dragonmaster Lou" | "Searching for a distant star, heading off to

Hugh Wolf

Nov 10, 2003, 8:22:47 AM11/10/03
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.mac.system.]

On 2003-11-10, Dragonmaster Lou <l...@SPAM.ME.AND.DIE.techhouse.org> wrote:
> Anyone know if there are any known Panther/Java issues and how to fix
> them or work around then?

I've run a wide variaty of (standalone) Java applications in Panther,
all without any issues.

> Same thing happens if I run the applet manually from the terminal.

This is an applet or an application?

clvrmnky

Nov 10, 2003, 12:29:46 PM11/10/03
Dragonmaster Lou wrote:

> I have a little Java app I wrote a while back to handle some basic
> calculations/die rolls/etc. for an RPG. If you're interested in it, I
> could send it your way, although it's mostly used for a home brew RPG
> ruleset that none of you are probably familiar with.
>
> Anyway, it worked fine on Windows (where I wrote it originally before
> switching and becoming much happier, thank you very much :P), OS X 10.1
> and 10.2. However, it appears that something's amiss with the Java on
> Panther. When I double click the jar file to load it up, it just hangs.
> Same thing happens if I run the applet manually from the terminal.
>
> Anyone know if there are any known Panther/Java issues and how to fix
> them or work around then?

Might be appropriate:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031028151229265&query=java

Looks like some of the paths to the new Java executables were not
replaced on an upgrade install.