How do you update the system report?

Robert Peirce

Oct 13, 2019, 7:11:07 PM10/13/19
I'm looking for 32bit apps. When I remove them they still stay ion the
list, even if I reboot. How do I force an update?

David Empson

Oct 13, 2019, 7:28:46 PM10/13/19
Robert Peirce <b...@peirce-family.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for 32bit apps. When I remove them they still stay ion the
> list, even if I reboot. How do I force an update?

Are you talking about the Legacy Software list?

If there is a way to remove "stale" items from that list, then I haven't
found it, nor has anyone else I've checked who might have written about
a solution online.

A better solution is third party software:

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/index.html

This one will actually search your computer for 32-bit software,
including 32-bit components buried inside 64-bit applications, and it
can search for non-applications.

It therefore does even more than System Information's "Applications"
list, which only lets you spot 32-bit applications, not other categories
nor buried components.

--
David Empson
dem...@actrix.gen.nz