Mac Games on iPhone?

Andy

Jan 10, 2007, 7:24:43 AM1/10/07
Hi all,

does anybody know or can imagine if an OS X game, that runs on a normal
Mac, also runs on the new iPhone - or will run? Any ideas or thoughts
about that Apple will open the iPhone for Indie Developers?

Andy

Gregory Weston

Jan 10, 2007, 1:13:07 PM1/10/07
In article <1168431883.1...@p59g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
"Andy" <fru...@gmail.com> wrote:

The biggest issue is screen real estate. Assuming the quoted 3.5"
measurement is a diagonal, the screen should be about 272 x 480. While I
can certainly imagine OS X running on such a device I think software's
going to have to be carefully written for it just because of that issue.

--
The best intentions in the world don't make a flawed argument magically valid.

Sean McBride

Jan 11, 2007, 8:06:12 PM1/11/07
In article <uce-105450.1...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Gregory Weston <u...@splook.com> wrote:

> The biggest issue is screen real estate. Assuming the quoted 3.5"
> measurement is a diagonal, the screen should be about 272 x 480. While I

320 x 480

<http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html>

Gregory Weston

Jan 12, 2007, 7:51:21 AM1/12/07
In article <cwatson-DAB5B1...@news.aei.ca>,
Sean McBride <cwa...@cam.org> wrote:

So it is. I thought I had a recollection that they had used the phrase
"widescreen" so I assumed it was 16x9. Thanks for the correction.

I'll assert that my point still stands.

I wish I had even the vaguest interest in cell phones. I want to want
one of those.

Andrew Plotkin

Jan 12, 2007, 11:41:38 PM1/12/07

Everybody is thinking "No, they won't."

--Z

*
If the Bush administration hasn't subjected you to searches without a
warrant, it's for one reason: they don't feel like it. Not because of
the Fourth Amendment.

Doc O'Leary

Jan 13, 2007, 10:39:14 AM1/13/07
In article <eo9nu2$40o$1...@reader2.panix.com>,

> Here, Andy <fru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > does anybody know or can imagine if an OS X game, that runs on a normal
> > Mac, also runs on the new iPhone - or will run? Any ideas or thoughts
> > about that Apple will open the iPhone for Indie Developers?
>
> Everybody is thinking "No, they won't."

Actually, most of us are thinking "Now what web-enabled technologies can
I take advantage of to get my games on an iPhone." Flash, Java, and
JavaScript are a fair start.

--
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, 4ax.com, buzzardnews.com, googlegroups.com,
heapnode.com, localhost, x-privat.org