Incorporate MW devolopment into PP. Please!!!

Robert Currey

Dec 9, 1994, 4:33:02 AM12/9/94
I applaud the choice of using PowerPlant as the development framework
for the future MetroWerks environment. I'm glad to see that you are
going to 'eat your own dog food' (quote courtesy of B. Gates).

I seriously hope you plan on incorporating the classes used in the
development of the MW environment into the PP framework! Some of PP's
drawbacks are its lack of mature classes. I would especially like to
see a generalized class that would allow me to implement a window much
like the hierarchial project window (drop triangles and all).

Any response would be greatly appreciated ...

Robert Currey

James Rodden

Dec 9, 1994, 7:47:48 PM12/9/94
In article <3c988e$g...@news.halcyon.com>, cur...@halcyon.halcyon.com
(Robert Currey) wrote:

(stuff about PP in CW)

> I would especially like to
> see a generalized class that would allow me to implement a window much
> like the hierarchial project window (drop triangles and all).

I second that, in fact on that note: I need to do that now. More
specifically I need to have a list box thingy with edit fields as part of
each list element.

I'm working with an LDEF that lets me define my own List Box actions, but
that isn't doing it for me. I've also tried putting subpanes within a view
that resides in an LScroller, but scrolling updates aren't done properly.

HELP!!!

Jim

MW Ron

Dec 9, 1994, 8:45:20 PM12/9/94
(Robert Currey) writes:

>>Any response would be greatly appreciated ..

Robert, I love to be appreciated :) I will pass your thoughts on and
your suggestion for PowerPlant Classes

Ron Liechty
MW...@metrowerks.com
Metrowerks Inc.

GHD

Dec 10, 1994, 5:20:02 AM12/10/94
In article <3c988e$g...@news.halcyon.com>, cur...@halcyon.halcyon.com
(Robert Currey) writes:

We definitely plan on incorporating the user interface classes used in
version 2 of the MW environment into the general PowerPlant releases.

-- Greg Dow
-- metrowerks

Andrew Meggs

Dec 10, 1994, 3:27:19 PM12/10/94
(Robert Currey) wrote:

> I seriously hope you plan on incorporating the classes used in the
> development of the MW environment into the PP framework! Some of PP's
> drawbacks are its lack of mature classes. I would especially like to
> see a generalized class that would allow me to implement a window much
> like the hierarchial project window (drop triangles and all).

I've got a drop-trinagle PPlant class that I hacked from CicnButton...If
there's significant interest I'll clean up the source (it still says
CicnButton in many places) and release it.

andrew meggs give up
me...@virginia.edu

Jonathan Hess

Dec 12, 1994, 5:44:40 PM12/12/94
In article <rodden-0912...@cookiemonster.cse.ucsc.edu>
rod...@cse.ucsc.edu (James Rodden) writes:

> In article <3c988e$g...@news.halcyon.com>, cur...@halcyon.halcyon.com
> (Robert Currey) wrote:
>

> (stuff about PP in CW)
>

> > I would especially like to
> > see a generalized class that would allow me to implement a window much
> > like the hierarchial project window (drop triangles and all).
>

> I second that, in fact on that note: I need to do that now. More
> specifically I need to have a list box thingy with edit fields as part of
> each list element.

Okay.

Jonathan Hess
Metrowerks, Inc.
jah...@metrowerks.com
(Direct replies to the less permanent jah...@ramp.com will work as well.)

Anton Leouski

Dec 15, 1994, 2:01:54 PM12/15/94
In article <ab11b912030210047713@[199.1.1.117]> jah...@ramp.com (Jonathan Hess) writes:
>In article <rodden-0912...@cookiemonster.cse.ucsc.edu>
>rod...@cse.ucsc.edu (James Rodden) writes:
>
>> In article <3c988e$g...@news.halcyon.com>, cur...@halcyon.halcyon.com
>> (Robert Currey) wrote:
>>
>> (stuff about PP in CW)
>>
>> > I would especially like to
>> > see a generalized class that would allow me to implement a window much
>> > like the hierarchial project window (drop triangles and all).
>>
>> I second that, in fact on that note: I need to do that now. More
>> specifically I need to have a list box thingy with edit fields as part of
>> each list element.
>
>Okay.

>Jonathan Hess
>Metrowerks, Inc.
>jah...@metrowerks.com
>(Direct replies to the less permanent jah...@ramp.com will work as well.)

No, really, are you planning to include it into CW5 release?

-- Anton

--
| Anton Leouski | "But what is the strangest, the most incomprehensible |
| Computer Science, | of all, is the fact that authors can undertake such |