Does anyone find the trackpads annoying and too big?

Ant

May 17, 2021, 4:27:44 PM5/17/21
Hello.

Does anyone find the trackpads annoying and too big? Typing keeps touching it. Is
there a way to disable 2020's 13" Intel MBP's trackpad when the mouse is
connected? Right now, it's covered with a thick cloth.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
Zikron, here I come!
| |o o| |

Lewis

May 18, 2021, 2:38:02 AM5/18/21
In message <6f2dnbfWlIonTD_9...@earthlink.com> Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Does anyone find the trackpads annoying and too big?

Nope. I love the trackpad. Bigger is better.

> Typing keeps touching it.

I only have the trackpad activate while typing if I am typing very
slowly.

> there a way to disable 2020's 13" Intel MBP's trackpad when the mouse is
> connected?

Yes, there is. have you loked at the trackpad settings? Or possibly in
the Mouse settings or maybe in accessibility.

Ah, it is accessibility:

<https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-mouse-trackpad-preferences-unac899/mac>

--
Varium et mutabile semper Femina.

Ant

May 18, 2021, 5:53:35 PM5/18/21
Perfect and thanks. I did look in the other places like trackpad. Strange to find it in accessiblity.
--
Zikron, here I come?

Wade Garrett

May 19, 2021, 7:49:20 AM5/19/21
On 5/18/21 6:41 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2021-05-18, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>>
>>> Nope. I love the trackpad. Bigger is better.

>>> I only have the trackpad activate while typing if I am typing very
>>> slowly.

>>> Yes, there is. have you loked at the trackpad settings? Or possibly
>>> in the Mouse settings or maybe in accessibility.
>>
>>> Ah, it is accessibility:
>>
>>> <https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-mouse-trackpad-preferences-unac899/mac>
>>
>> Perfect and thanks. I did look in the other places like trackpad.
>> Strange to find it in accessiblity.
>
> Not really strange, no. Most people don't have the problem you have, and
> those that do are often disabled or have special needs.

I don't especially like track pads. I find them awkward to use and much
less precise than a good mouse.

If I find myself forced to use a laptop for an extended period of time,
I usually hook up a mouse.

--
I do not spew profanities. I enunciate them clearly like a proper gentleman

Lewis

May 19, 2021, 12:07:18 PM5/19/21
In message <s82tvu$hfu$1...@dont-email.me> Wade Garrett <wa...@cooler.net> wrote:
> On 5/18/21 6:41 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> Perfect and thanks. I did look in the other places like trackpad.
>>> Strange to find it in accessiblity.
>>
>> Not really strange, no. Most people don't have the problem you have, and
>> those that do are often disabled or have special needs.
>>
> I don't especially like track pads. I find them awkward to use and much
> less precise than a good mouse.

The each have advantages, there are many things that are much better
with a trackpad, and a few that are much better with a good trackball
(or a mouse if you like filthy rodents).

Selecting multiple things from a list, for example, I use my trackball.
Switching spaces, using Mission Control, editing photos, usimg the
various gestures I've defined in BTT, scrolling, etc the trackpad is
much better.

--
Don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your
choices are half chance; so are everybody else's.