Apple CEO Sucks Up to China in Interview With State-Owned Media

Jim_Higgins

Jun 29, 2022, 8:41:22 PM6/29/22

Jolly Roger

Jun 30, 2022, 1:20:59 PM6/30/22
On 2022-06-30, Jim_Higgins <gordi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> https://freebeacon.com/national-security/apple-ceo-sucks-up-to-china-in-interview-with-state-owned-media/

"Wait!... Apple uses WWDC to praise app developers in China too?
ERRMEGHERD!1! How DARE they?!!?!1" ~ clueless dumbfuck, Jimbo Higgins

Transcript of this "sucking up to China" - note how similar it is to
every single other WWDC talk about developers in literally every other
country:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFia0oQ7KE>
---
Hosts: It is an honor to have Tim Cook, CEO of Apple Inc with us. Hi,
Mr. Cook.

Tim Cook: Hi.

Hosts: Cook shared with us his views on Chinese developers along with
products made in China, apps and services developed by China, and also
global trend-settings in different areas. For example, a short video and
social media app that has overtaken Facebook as the most downloaded app,
the top three gaming apps in terms of monthly revenue, a shopping app
that ranks at the top in 54 countries and regions were all developed by
China. Cook also offered his views on Chinese developers.

Tim Cook: I want to start by saying a few words about the innovative and
inspiring developer community in China. Today the iOS dev community is
30 million strong. We're so proud about that. And with more than 5
million Chinese developers and counting, there's no question that China
has one of the most vibrant developer communities in the entire world.
Whenever I meet with developers, I'm so impressed by your creativity and
your passion for using technology to enrich people's lives.

Hosts: Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, new developers are not all from the
internet heavyweights. More small and medium sized develop teams make
their way to the world stage.

Tim Cook: Small developers in China have seen their revenue almost
doubled in just over two years. This is phenomenal. I can't tell you how
inspired I am by the innovation and creativity you've brought to your
work throughout the entire pandemic. You really poured your heart and
soul into developing incredible apps that help people stay active and
entertained and productive, learning, and healthy.

Hosts: Among them I would like to talk about Miidii Tech, a team with
only five people. They have developed and launched 10 apps. Users from
over 100 countries and regions have paid for their apps. For one of
their apps, 70 percent of the downloads and revenue came from foreign
market users.

Developer: I just can't imagine that. It means that 10 million people
are using my app. And these people are from around the world. That's
really amazing.My husband Tom and I started the company as indie
developers. Though we are small, we are very passionate about creating
high quality and enjoyable apps. As for those Apple experts, I watched
their WWDC presentations so many times, and now I can talk to them in
person. That's really terrific. And it is also the first time we had a
chance to know developers of all backgrounds around the globe. They are
all very creative in solving everyday problems with their apps. That's
really inspiring.

Tim Cook: When we created the App Store, no-one could have guessed that
there would one day be 5 million registered developers on greater China
alone, and many more that are working on apps. It just shows the
creativity and vibrancy of the app economy. Chinese developers have
always been at the cutting edge, and I think that will continue to grow.
And I can't wait to see what you're going to do next.

Hosts: We're looking forward to th next interview with Tim Cook. So,
what's next?
---

"This is just terrible! TERRIBLE, I SAY!! I stomp my foot in
disbelief!!!" ~ little trollboi, Jimbo Higgins.

JR