Powerbook 5300 & 30GB Hard Drive Incompatible?

MightyDoc

Apr 9, 2005, 2:17:02 PM4/9/05
I have installed the Fujitsu MHT2030AT ( 30GB IDE - Ultra ATA/100 ATA-6 -
4200RPM ) on Powerbook 5300ce with 64MB RAM and it's non-Apple hard drive.
I was checking the website that it should be working with Powerbook 5300's
compatibilities. Is that correct and I was not sure if it is compatible
with Fujitsu?

Unfortunately, the FWB Hard Disk Toolkit 3.0 doesn't see the hard drive
after booting up the FWB CD and ran the utility to setup the hard drive.
Then I tried Mac OS 8.6, it doesn't see it yet after running the disk drive
setup.

Should I get the latest FWB Hard Disk Toolkit 4.5 to install the Apple
firmware or other recommended Hard Disk Utilities for Macintosh?

Have anyone familiar working with FWB Hard Disk Toolkit to recognize the big
IDE hard drive?

Is there a free utility to install the Apple firmware on it?

I am hoping to get the right answer before buying the FWB Hard Disk Toolkit
version 4.5 or FWB Hard Disk ToolkitT PE 4.5.

Is it worth to get the FWB HD PE 4.5 or the other one with full utilities?

I will be getting Fujitsu MHC2040AT (4GB IDE) and I am sure that it will
work with it under 4GB.

Thanks
Doc