How to use iTunes with *both* an iPod mini and iPod 15Gig?

1 view

Paul Soderman

Apr 3, 2005, 3:46:00 PM4/3/05
I just bought my son an iPod mini for his birthday; my other son has a 15G
iPod (I'm not sure as to which "generation" this is, as it bears a 2003 date
on the back side and I think we got it in 2004; if anyone can help, I'll
need to replace the battery soon and may do it myself to save money, so I'd
need to determine the "generation" for ordering the battery).

Anyway, my question is simple and I admit to not really snooping around in
iTunes to find the answer yet. We already have a mess of music in the iTunes
music folder and I'd guess that it would easily fill up the new iPod mini
with alot of music that the younger boy doesn't like or want. Is there a
simple way to create a playlist or file/folder for each of them that would
then fill or refresh via an "update" only what they each would want when
they recharge or update their respective iPod devices?

Much thanks for any help!
Paul Soderman

Jim Hill

Apr 3, 2005, 11:37:03 PM4/3/05
Paul Soderman wrote:

>Anyway, my question is simple and I admit to not really snooping around

>in iTunes to find the answer yet. [...] Is there a simple way to

>create a playlist or file/folder for each of them that would then fill
>or refresh via an "update" only what they each would want when they
>recharge or update their respective iPod devices?

Each device will show up with its own name and you can set preferences
for each one. I have "Auto everything" for my 60GB photo, a handful of
selected lists for the mini, and my podcasts for the shuffle. It all
Just Works.

Jim
--
"I regard NASCAR the same way I regard gay porn: I know it exists and I
know some guys like it; I just don't want to see it." -- Z. B. Goode

Message has been deleted