Carrera040 80/40Mhz 68040 for IIci

Noah Mari

Sep 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/28/96

Hello, I want to hear from anybody that has used a MicroMac Carrera040
80/40Mhz 68040 Accelerator card. Is it compatiable, reliable, worth the
investment, reliable, fast?

Mike Epstein

Sep 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/28/96

In article <noahmari-ya023080...@news.mcn.org>,
noah...@mcn.org (Noah Mari) wrote:

I've had no problems. It won't work with virtual memory or 24-bit
addressing, though.

-- Mike Epstein "Man is the only animal that laughs
eps...@bozosoft.com and has a state legislature."
mje...@fas.harvard.edu --Samuel Butler
http://www.bozosoft.com/mike/

Michael Kerney

Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96

Mike Epstein wrote:

> In article <noahmari-ya023080...@news.mcn.org>,
> noah...@mcn.org (Noah Mari) wrote:
>
> >Hello, I want to hear from anybody that has used a MicroMac Carrera040
> >80/40Mhz 68040 Accelerator card. Is it compatiable, reliable, worth the
> >investment, reliable, fast?
>
> I've had no problems. It won't work with virtual memory or 24-bit
> addressing, though.
>
> -- Mike Epstein

I have a Carrera 040 66/33 in my IIx and so far it's been a headache
with the sound problem. It does improve speed greatly, however.

What machine do you have your Carrera in, mr. epstein? I don't know if
the sound problem ever existed on the faster 040 or if it's just the
IIx being fidgety.

-michael

R. D. Bridges

Oct 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/2/96

When I had a IIsi with the Carrera 040 in it, I had no headaches other
than the Sound Manager 3.0 incompatibility. I saw a post on the
newsgroups a couple of weeks ago that said MicroMac had released a patched
version that solved that problem, though.

Michael Kerney

Oct 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/4/96

Update: I recently (yesterday) got ahold of a gutted IIci and
transferred everything in the IIx (memory, HD, Carrera, 24bit video
card) to it, and suddenly, it works like a dream.

now i figure Micromac owes me $50 for the IIx adapter card - it never
worked in the 5 months i had it. It was a klugish hack in the first
place - i really didn't like having to de-socket my CPU and slap that
board in. Made me twitchy.

-michael