isub (subwoofer)

1 view

kristoff

May 27, 2020, 1:59:23 PM5/27/20

I don't know if this newsgroup is still in use.

Many years ago, when the animals still talked :-) , I used to have a
imac G3 ("strawberry model"). I do not have that computer any more it
went to a personal computer-museum), but recently I came across the isub
subwoofer I bought with that computer.

It does not seams to work any more, but before I spend to much time (or
money) trying to fix it, I do have two questions.

- Is it possible to use that device on a modern computer?
It has a USB interface, but does it present itself a standard USB audio
device? Or it is some "apple proprietary" audio system?

- As said, for some reason the device does not seams to work any more. I
am not sure if the problem is the PSU or the speaker itself.
Is there a quick way to test which device is faulty?

The power-supply has three pins (marked "+", "-" and "NC"). I do not get
any voltage on the "+" pin, but I am not sure if that is an indication
or not. Perhaps you need to put a voltage on the NC pin to get the
power-supply to work.

Anybody any idea?

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.