No HDMI monitor display while booting up MBP?

Ant

Jan 23, 2024, 2:30:10 PMJan 23
After turning on/booting it up, I noticed the external HDMI monitor is
blank black (still has a video signal) until after I log in and right
before I see the desktop screen. Shouldn't I get the display right after
booting up/powering on MBP?

Detailed setup: 13(.3)" 2020; A2251 model; MWP62LL/A; Intel Core i7
MacBook Pro (2.3 GHz; quad-core 10th gen. i7 CPU; 8 MB; L3 cache (Turbo
Boost up to 4.1 GHz)), 32 GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X RAM, 2 TB PCIe-based
SSD, Intel Iris Plus graphic, macOS Ventura v13.6.4, etc. Using Apple's
USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter with ASUS VA27DQSB 27" 1080P
monitor(HDMI) & an old USB-A (with Apple's USB-C to USB Adapter) mouse.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God." ???1 Peter 1:23. Slammy Mon. with rain, cleaning, Apple, etc.
| |o o| |