Reshape a Rectangular Photo to a Trapezooidal Photo?

TaliesinSoft

Nov 20, 2015, 10:19:42 PM11/20/15
I have some .jpg images which were taken with my iPhone which was
poiinted upward during the taking. What I would like to do is to
reshape the image so that it gives the appearance as though the camera
were pointed straight on. In otherwords, I would like to reshape the
image in a trapazoid manner. Any suggestions as to how to do this will
be most appreciated!
--
James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas

Siri Cruz

Nov 20, 2015, 10:53:22 PM11/20/15
In article <dba66c...@mid.individual.net>,
You want to use a perspective distortion filter to impose the inverse of
perspective. Photoshop has one. imagemagick has -distort perspective. Core Image
has a CIPerspectiveTransform filter, but I don't know how you would get it
without writing an objc program.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
God exists since mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists since we
cannot prove the consistency. ~~ Morris Kline

Alan Browne

Nov 21, 2015, 9:43:46 AM11/21/15
Why post this to "mac.vintage"? ".printing" ".hardware.storage.

".databases". Really?

Get photoshop and use a perspective correction tool.

Jolly Roger

Nov 21, 2015, 10:58:53 AM11/21/15
He's using Unison. There's a well-known bug in Unison where it allows
you to very easily and accidentally post to all news groups to which you
are subscribed. Something about not having any groups selected when you
start the post or something. It seems Unison doesn't sufficiently warn
you when it happens.

JR

Alan Browne

Nov 21, 2015, 11:14:07 AM11/21/15
On 2015-11-21 10:58, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2015-11-21, Alan Browne <alan....@freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:
>> On 2015-11-20 22:19, TaliesinSoft wrote:
>>> I have some .jpg images which were taken with my iPhone which was
>>> poiinted upward during the taking. What I would like to do is to reshape
>>> the image so that it gives the appearance as though the camera were
>>> pointed straight on. In otherwords, I would like to reshape the image in
>>> a trapazoid manner. Any suggestions as to how to do this will be most
>>> appreciated!
>>

>> Why post this to "mac.vintage"? ".printing" ".hardware.storage.
>>
>> ".databases". Really?
>
> He's using Unison. There's a well-known bug in Unison where it allows
> you to very easily and accidentally post to all news groups to which you
> are subscribed. Something about not having any groups selected when you
> start the post or something. It seems Unison doesn't sufficiently warn
> you when it happens.

That would explain it. Some of the groups really made no sense...