Black and White on a graphite imac

Hone Melgren

Jul 28, 2002, 9:20:45 AM7/28/02
I'm currently thinking about buying Feral Interactive's conversion of
the God Game "Black and White" from Lionhead Studios. Before I buy it
though since i have to get it from a website that is basically on the
other side of the world from i need to know a few things .

Namely is there anyone here who has hardware similar to mine who has
played it on their equipment ? I have a graphite 600 mhz g3 imac with
256mb ram and the Rage 128 Pro graphics card . I want to know - how fast
does it run? Does it play fast enough in OS X or is it better to restart
in classic ?

I would like you to email me your replys to honem-at-paradise.net.nz (or
post them here whichever is easiest ;)

Go in peace ,

Hone Melgren <honem@[remove]paradise.net.nz>
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the
starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace
and brotherhood can never become a reality."
-quote by Daniel Wolff

Daniel Chiaramello

Jul 29, 2002, 5:34:33 AM7/29/02
Hello.

I played B&W on a Graphite G3-500MHz fluently on Classic (never tried on X).
I don't know what is expected with higher-config machines, but with mine I
saw no problem and did not feel frustrated not to have a better machine!

Only "problem" is that I had to set the virtual memory to 384 (256 built-in
was not enough), but playability is good.

Hope that helps,
Daniel.

PS: very strange game at the beginning, not easy to understand how it works.
But don't feel desperate, and DON'T USE THE VORTEX IMMEDIATELY WHEN IT
APPEARS!!! Put plenty of one-shot miracles inside, even if it costs time,
they will be useful for the next campaigns!