Tropico question--Must the CD be in the drive?

Andy

Jan 12, 2002, 4:23:05 PM1/12/02
Hi:
The boys at MacSoft did a nice job with 'Tropico'. I bought it (my
first OS X game), and am very pleased with this nicely off-kilter
version of the city builder concept.

One thing bugs me.

I have to place the CD in the drive to run the game.

Gosh, darn it, I have an eight-bazillion gig drive, install
everything you need and be done with it. Question: Is there any way to
get around this quirk of 'Tropico'?

AG

ehourany

Jan 18, 2002, 4:14:08 PM1/18/02
Andy <And...@Mac.SpamMeNot.Com> wrote in message news:<Andy_G-136DA1....@news1.qc.sympatico.ca>...

You can use Apple's DiskCopy to make an image of your CD. Then,
whenever you want to play Tropico, you can mount the image
(double-clicking the file) before opening Tropico. You can even create
an applescript that will mount the CD image for you.

DiskCopy can be found on Apple's website. I believe the latest version
is 6.3.1.

ehourany