FYI: Civ IV Complete for $6.24 and other deals on Steam this Christmas.

Jamie Kahn Genet

Dec 20, 2010, 7:08:17 PM12/20/10
There are a bunch of Mac (and Windows if you've Boot Camp setup) games
on sale <http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac>. But that Civ IV
Complete deal can't be beat :-)

I like to stay a version behind with Civ anyway, so I can avoid the bugs
and performance issues (Civ V runs like a dog on my Mac), plus with
deals like this I get all the expansion packs at once for a super cheap
price.

Actually that's pretty typical for me nowadays with almost all games -
unless it's one I play online with others, I wait for the bargain bin.
I'd feel bad for stiffing the devs, but MMORPGs already consume 90% of
my playtime. So it's hard to justify $75 for a brand new game I'll only
ever play solo, and not often at that.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

Richard Maine

Dec 20, 2010, 8:45:23 PM12/20/10
Jamie Kahn Genet <jam...@wizardling.geek.nz> wrote:

> There are a bunch of Mac (and Windows if you've Boot Camp setup) games
> on sale <http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac>. But that Civ IV
> Complete deal can't be beat :-)

Wow, it sure can't! Too bad I already bought that pack from Steam a few
months ago. Well, I guess it isn't too awfully bad. I paid several times
that, but not exactly a lot; got my money's worth.

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain

Joseph Nebus

Dec 22, 2010, 1:45:00 PM12/22/10
nos...@see.signature (Richard Maine) writes:

>Jamie Kahn Genet <jam...@wizardling.geek.nz> wrote:

>> There are a bunch of Mac (and Windows if you've Boot Camp setup) games
>> on sale <http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac>. But that Civ IV
>> Complete deal can't be beat :-)

>Wow, it sure can't! Too bad I already bought that pack from Steam a few
>months ago. Well, I guess it isn't too awfully bad. I paid several times
>that, but not exactly a lot; got my money's worth.

I was shocked to see the set too. I'm pretty sure I put the
whole set on my Wish List, although I'm not perfectly positive of that
and it's too late now.

I am reaching the point where I'm going to have to buy a new
computer, though. My PowerBook G4 just isn't quite up to the fancy
new strategy games out there, and while I could, apparently, play
Hearts Of Iron II: Doomsday and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 [1] forever,
it would be nice in theory to have the option of another.

[1] Which itself just snuck out the 'Wild' expansion pack, at
long last, but in a bundle with Original and Soaked, so as to let us
buy them all over again. But that I definitely put on my Wish List
and even my Amazon feed, so my family should have absolutely no clue
I want it.

--
Joseph Nebus