There are more than 900 registered users and thousands of unregistered
users of Snood worldwide. Experience Snood today!
SNOOD Version 2.0:
Snood is a fun puzzle game for Macintosh that will test your
intellect rather than your reflexes. Your goal is to free all of the
trapped Snoods by launching other Snoods at them. If you connect
three or more Snoods, they will transport away. If that leaves any
Snoods not connected to the top of the playfield, they will fall to
safety. Don't take too long, though. Every Snood you launch increases
the Danger Level. When the gauge fills up, the Snoods will shift
downward. If the Snoods reach you, the game is over.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS: Snood is a good game for children as well
as adults. The game is non-violent and non-confrontational, and
children can play at their own pace. It develops several basic
skills, including matching, calculation of angles, and simple
strategic assessment and problem solving. It does not require
reading, and the controls are very simple. The Child difficulty level
is easy enough even for young children.
New in version 2.0:
* Puzzle levels - a new way to play, with pre-designed arrangements
of Snoods. Snood 2.0 comes with one set of 50 puzzle levels. If
you register the game, you can design your own puzzle levels and
play other people's, too!
* Replay - you can now replay any game that you lose to see if you
can do better.
* Individual Player Records - You can maintain your own personal
statistics record, with high scores and winning percentage for all
* Tournaments - Registered users can set up tournaments with 2-4
players and 1-6 rounds. For each round, all players will get the
same arrangement of Snoods and the same sequence of Snoods in the
launcher, so it's truly a test of Snood skill.
* Mac with 68030 or newer processor (68040 or PPC recommended)
* System 7 (System 6.0.7 reportedly works, too)
* Screen size of 640x480 pixels or larger
* 256 or more color monitor
Visit the Snood Home Page at:
Dave Dobson (d...@umich.edu)