Clan Lord goes free

cl.y...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2009, 10:09:57 AM1/19/09
For those of you who had once played Delta Tao's Clan Lord, all old
accounts have been reactivated and there is no longer a monthly fee.
Stop by and say hello to some old friends.

Clan Lord Free FAQ

Monthly fees for Clan Lord are now optional.

Clan Lord is free?
Yes. Accounts that are expired will still be able to log on and play.

How long does this promotion last?
It's not a promotion. It's a policy.

Are new accounts free?
No, they're still officially $14.95. This is mostly to keep people
from creating 100 accounts for no good reason. But yes, once created
they'll be able to play with no monthly fees forever.

Can I still pay if I want?
Yes, we'd prefer that. Thanks!

The rest of the FAQ may be read on the Free FAQ page (
http://www.deltatao.com/clanlord/freefaq.html ). We hope to see you
in Puddleby soon.

Helpful GM

Jan 20, 2009, 12:10:53 PM1/20/09
Same msg, press-release style :)

To celebrate more than ten years of multiplayer adventure and intrigue,
Delta Tao Software has eliminated monthly fees from their Massively
Multiplayer Roleplaying Game, Clan Lord.

Clan Lord is a Fantasy MMORPG for Mac and PC with a focus on a friendly
community and simple, approachable gameplay. Players can now join others
from across the world to fight monsters, solve puzzles, and make friends
in a constantly expanding world for a one time charge of $14.95. Clan
Lord can be purchased from <http://www.clanlord.com>. A free demo is
available as well. Free updates are released every three weeks and
contain new content and bug fixes.

In article
<7d835c97-1ea5-472d...@v5g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,
cl.y...@gmail.com wrote:

--
You have to remove stuff from my e-mail to reply, it's not difficult.
Everything here is my personal opinion, do with it what you will.

"[T]he idea of a game with people nicer than in CL makes me wanna puke."
-Michael

Jamie Kahn Genet

Jan 25, 2009, 12:27:24 AM1/25/09
Helpful GM <HelpfulGM@*NO-SPAM*PlayNaked.com> wrote:

> Same msg, press-release style :)
>
> To celebrate more than ten years of multiplayer adventure and intrigue,
> Delta Tao Software has eliminated monthly fees from their Massively
> Multiplayer Roleplaying Game, Clan Lord.
>
> Clan Lord is a Fantasy MMORPG for Mac and PC with a focus on a friendly
> community and simple, approachable gameplay. Players can now join others
> from across the world to fight monsters, solve puzzles, and make friends
> in a constantly expanding world for a one time charge of $14.95. Clan
> Lord can be purchased from <http://www.clanlord.com>. A free demo is
> available as well. Free updates are released every three weeks and
> contain new content and bug fixes.

Clan Lord is a cool idea, but it's been on it's deathbed for years now.
Only the most hardcore players have kept it alive and it's never managed
to grow it's player base. Will this change to no more ongoing subs
improve the situation? Mmmmm... I'm doubtful. Maybe someone who's played
within the past year can chime in with the current state of the game?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Allen Wessels

Jan 25, 2009, 1:17:13 AM1/25/09
In article <1iu4354.oby4ct5stfrnN%jam...@wizardling.geek.nz>,

jam...@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:

> Helpful GM <HelpfulGM@*NO-SPAM*PlayNaked.com> wrote:
>
> > Same msg, press-release style :)
> >
> > To celebrate more than ten years of multiplayer adventure and intrigue,
> > Delta Tao Software has eliminated monthly fees from their Massively
> > Multiplayer Roleplaying Game, Clan Lord.
> >
> > Clan Lord is a Fantasy MMORPG for Mac and PC with a focus on a friendly
> > community and simple, approachable gameplay. Players can now join others
> > from across the world to fight monsters, solve puzzles, and make friends
> > in a constantly expanding world for a one time charge of $14.95. Clan
> > Lord can be purchased from <http://www.clanlord.com>. A free demo is
> > available as well. Free updates are released every three weeks and
> > contain new content and bug fixes.
>
> Clan Lord is a cool idea, but it's been on it's deathbed for years now.
> Only the most hardcore players have kept it alive and it's never managed
> to grow it's player base. Will this change to no more ongoing subs
> improve the situation? Mmmmm... I'm doubtful. Maybe someone who's played
> within the past year can chime in with the current state of the game?

It's been on it's deathbed for 10 years ever since it went pay. With
the recent change to free play, I'm seeing about twice the players on as
usual.

I'm writing this while I'm dead in a huge assault on the Orga Camp. I
wouldn't call it an MMO or a commercial game.

It's a graphic MUD with a very loyal userbase/community and a devoted
developer group. Many of the core people have been involved for 10
years.

It's small enough that you can impact the game story and development
directions.

I play a ton of WoW too and there is no comparison.

I've been there since beta, so take a grain of salt.

- Allen

thesquib

Feb 19, 2009, 3:00:22 PM2/19/09
Good news! Ruuk may make it out of the library again soon.

BEER!

HWC Ruuk