Great old games?

MikWeyandt

Sep 16, 2004, 5:03:52 PM9/16/04
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find older adventure games for the Mac that have that
classic combination of puzzles and intrigue that is heads and shoulders above
most modern games. However, beyond Ray Dunakin's games, 3-in-3, Fool's Errand,
and System's Twilight, it's been hard to find much else. What are some other
old favorites of folks around here?

Mike

Message has been deleted

Thomas Averin

May 21, 2007, 11:55:16 PM5/21/07

I reccomend the classic Lucas Arts adventure games.

Cult

Nov 25, 2007, 11:21:26 PM11/25/07
I second the LucasArts games, as well as Prince Of Persia, Alone In The
Dark, Pathways Into Darkness, Dark Castle, Beyond Dark Castle....and
I've always loved Cosmic Osmo, Manhole, and Spelunx. I really
recommend checking out http://mac.the-underdogs.info/ that should be a
great trip down memory lane for you, and should keep you busy for HOURS.

-E!

Myles

Dec 27, 2007, 10:11:25 PM12/27/07

I suppose the LucasArts games or more or less implied, a series of
games that anyone who has has ever played an adventure game has at
least heard of in passing. That being said, the origional Alone in the
Dark, though difficult to play on some newer computers, seems to be
ideal. The first two Broken Sword games, though newer, should also
appeal, to some extent. Though rare the first game was released for the
Mac. Both, however, are supported by ScummVM, as long as you're Mac
runs OS X.

-GB