CL : Wedding invitation

1 view

Babajaga

Jun 14, 2002, 2:26:08 AM6/14/02
Greetings!

As you may recall, 8 years ago I was trapped down in south forest - and
handed over to Qual the Wizard, who planted a dew in my neck. For 6
years I was under his control. I even gave him my beloved! Our love did
overcome and survive that, and now we want to renew our wows.

Rejoice with us fellow exiles when we now remarry!

You are all invited to the wedding of Lady Babajaga Vanimalda to
Sir Sleipnir Na Gralam.

On the 52nd day of summer
In the meadow

Festivities will begin with the traditional groom Hunt at 3am,
to be followed by the Ceremony.

(ooc : 29th June, 12 Noon PDT)

Babajaga Vanimalda

Babajaga Vanimalda, the Fleet <http://www.red-quill.org/babajaga/>
The Film Vault <http://www.red-quill.org/vault/>
Fellowship of the Red Quill <http://www.red-quill.org/>

remove the SPERRE to reply

sir Sleipnir na Gralam

Jun 14, 2002, 3:08:54 AM6/14/02
In article <1fdrdl4.1p4zvfa11pqq88N@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

I be indeed the happiest of Knights. Tally Ho!!!!

--
sir Sleipnir Na Gralam, Knight of the Rose

Hidden

Jun 14, 2002, 4:21:27 AM6/14/02
In article <1fdrdl4.1p4zvfa11pqq88N@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

> and now we want to renew our wows.

Wow!

--
His Holiness,
sir Hidden T. Thoom

Shamhat de Leon

Jun 14, 2002, 9:25:17 AM6/14/02
In article <1fdrdl4.1p4zvfa11pqq88N@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

> You are all invited to the wedding of Lady Babajaga Vanimalda to
> Sir Sleipnir Na Gralam.
>
> On the 52nd day of summer
> In the meadow
>
> Festivities will begin with the traditional groom Hunt at 3am,
> to be followed by the Ceremony.

A pox on Coriakin for curing Baba of her own little case of the pox...it
would have been quite amusing to attend the wedding of Beauty and the
Beast.

-Shamhat

Lex

Jun 14, 2002, 11:13:45 AM6/14/02
> Festivities will begin with the traditional groom Hunt at 3am,
> to be followed by the Ceremony.

Hunting the groom could be fun! I suspect there will be quite a line at the
badlands.

Lex

Mr. Chrystalis

Jun 14, 2002, 2:44:54 PM6/14/02
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote in message news:<1fdrdl4.1p4zvfa11pqq88N@[158.36.196.198]>...
> Greetings!

Congradulations, I am very happy for you.

-Leogic

Mr. Chrystalis

Jun 14, 2002, 2:45:48 PM6/14/02
Congradulations, I am very happy for you both. I hope you both grow
old together, but not for a very very very long time.

-Leogic

Chum

Jun 14, 2002, 3:00:39 PM6/14/02
In article <ca42fee2.02061...@posting.google.com>,
leog...@yahoo.com (Mr. Chrystalis) wrote:

> Congradulations, I am very happy for you both. I hope you both grow
> old together

It might be too late for that...

Still, it's nice to see my favourite knight and ...uh... his sweetie
back together again. Something like this certainly couldn't have
happened to ...uh... a more deserving guy.

--
You have to remove your clothes if you want me to read your e-mail.
I will not, no matter how "good" the deal, ever purchase any product from

Phelps

Jun 14, 2002, 6:05:28 PM6/14/02
In article <1fdrdl4.1p4zvfa11pqq88N@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> As you may recall, 8 years ago I was trapped down in south forest - and
> handed over to Qual the Wizard, who planted a dew in my neck. For 6
> years I was under his control. I even gave him my beloved! Our love did
> overcome and survive that, and now we want to renew our wows.
>
> Rejoice with us fellow exiles when we now remarry!
>
> You are all invited to the wedding of Lady Babajaga Vanimalda to
> Sir Sleipnir Na Gralam.

Marriage license, 20c.

King Phelps the Everlasting
South Farm Empire

--
"The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually
idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of

Maeght

Jun 14, 2002, 9:39:17 PM6/14/02
In article <phelps-7D6FA7....@netnews.attbi.com>,
Phelps <phe...@attbi.com> wrote:

> Marriage license, 20c.

How much are tickets to watching you collect it?

- Maeght

Polerand

Jun 15, 2002, 12:34:01 AM6/15/02
> > Rejoice with us fellow exiles when we now remarry!
> >
> > You are all invited to the wedding of Lady Babajaga Vanimalda to
> > Sir Sleipnir Na Gralam.
>
> Marriage license, 20c.
>

> King Phelps the Everlasting
> South Farm Empire

Let me guess, this is a credit card commercial?

Tuxedo rental: 300c;
Referring to Babajaga as Althea on her (2nd) biggest day: priceless.

-Polerand

Babajaga

Jun 15, 2002, 6:23:25 AM6/15/02
Lex <co...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hunting the groom could be fun! I suspect there will be quite a line at the
> badlands.

hk

Tigger

Jun 15, 2002, 7:46:24 AM6/15/02
In article <1fdrdl4.1p4zvfa11pqq88N@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

> Rejoice with us fellow exiles when we now remarry!

What a *&#$ scam! I suppose you expect new gifts as well. Are you guys
going to do this every time the house needs redecorating? *grumble* Oh
well, you're both likable enough, so I'll try to make it, and there's
likely some drunken Fen lasses who will show up.

- Tigger

Phelps

Jun 15, 2002, 11:36:29 AM6/15/02
In article <1fds8o6.h6a7tc9te1d0N@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

I don't get this one. It is funny that the first thing I thought was
"Heckler & Koch".

HWC for Phelps, who might be about to add a PPK to the Phelpses of the
World Arsenal, if the deal is good enough
obBalanceTaxSDB

Prue

Jun 15, 2002, 3:40:27 PM6/15/02
In article <1fdrdl4.1p4zvfa11pqq88N@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

> You are all invited to the wedding of Lady Babajaga Vanimalda to
> Sir Sleipnir Na Gralam.
>
> On the 52nd day of summer
> In the meadow
>
> Festivities will begin with the traditional groom Hunt at 3am,
> to be followed by the Ceremony.
>
> (ooc : 29th June, 12 Noon PDT)

On a completely unrelated note, Prue will be accepting donations to be
used in assembling the greatest collection of Tangleberry Pies ever seen
in Puddleby. She'll also be looking for volunteers to help carry the
pies to the Meadow for display on the 52nd day of summer (June 29, 12
noon PDT).

Yours,
Prue
--
All karma is derserved.
Keep Prue green.

Chum

Jun 15, 2002, 3:50:20 PM6/15/02
In article <prueSPAM-6E1792...@corp.supernews.com>, Prue
<prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> On a completely unrelated note, Prue will be accepting donations to be
> used in assembling the greatest collection of Tangleberry Pies ever seen
> in Puddleby. She'll also be looking for volunteers to help carry the
> pies to the Meadow for display on the 52nd day of summer (June 29, 12
> noon PDT).
>
> Yours,
> Prue

A truely noble cause -- and what a civicly minded idea, to display a
variety of pies in such a lovely and serene setting under the swelling
beauty of Summer.

I am touched, and pledge to match the first donation of 10 pies.

Shamhat de Leon

Jun 15, 2002, 7:59:20 PM6/15/02
In article <Chum-F15E68.1...@ca.news.verio.net>, Chum
<Chum@*YOUR-CLOTHES*PlayNaked.com> wrote:

> > On a completely unrelated note, Prue will be accepting donations to be
> > used in assembling the greatest collection of Tangleberry Pies ever
> > seen
> > in Puddleby. She'll also be looking for volunteers to help carry the
> > pies to the Meadow for display on the 52nd day of summer (June 29, 12
> > noon PDT).
> >
> > Yours,
> > Prue
>
> A truely noble cause -- and what a civicly minded idea, to display a
> variety of pies in such a lovely and serene setting under the swelling
> beauty of Summer.
>
> I am touched, and pledge to match the first donation of 10 pies.

I can contribute, unless I have to make cookies for the tea party like I
did last time. By the way, are most folks planning to give another gift?
I guess at some point they threw all the china at each other and broke
it?

-Shamhat

Hidden

Jun 16, 2002, 5:02:03 AM6/16/02
In article <Chum-F15E68.1...@ca.news.verio.net>,
Chum <Chum@*YOUR-CLOTHES*PlayNaked.com> wrote:

> I am touched, and pledge to match the first donation of 10 pies.

10 pies, primed and ready. Cough up!

Prue

Jun 16, 2002, 6:03:39 AM6/16/02
In article <hidden-1E0848....@usenet.stanford.edu>,
Hidden <hid...@no-op.com> wrote:

> In article <Chum-F15E68.1...@ca.news.verio.net>,
> Chum <Chum@*YOUR-CLOTHES*PlayNaked.com> wrote:
>
> > I am touched, and pledge to match the first donation of 10 pies.
>
> 10 pies, primed and ready. Cough up!

It's only a donation if you... ya know... actually donate them.

Prue.

Hidden

Jun 16, 2002, 3:38:59 PM6/16/02
In article <prueSPAM-97A4E3...@corp.supernews.com>,
Prue <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> It's only a donation if you... ya know... actually donate them.

I don't trust you to not use them before the wedding, but fear not! I'll
be there ready to supply much ammo!

(Plus, how are you going to hold 10 MORE pies if you already have your
own stock?)

Prue

Jun 16, 2002, 7:22:11 PM6/16/02
In article <hidden-423991....@usenet.stanford.edu>,
Hidden <hid...@no-op.com> wrote:

> In article <prueSPAM-97A4E3...@corp.supernews.com>,
> Prue <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:
>
> > It's only a donation if you... ya know... actually donate them.
>
> I don't trust you to not use them before the wedding, but fear not! I'll
> be there ready to supply much ammo!

This is all well and good. The Puddleby Pie Project (Operation Tart the
Tart) will be grateful for your participation on the day of the event.
However, Chum pledged to match the first donation of 10 pies (or, I
assume, the finances to purchase 10 pies). When you told him to pay up,
you had neither donated any pies, nor any funds, nor made any contact
with Prue. You don't trust Prue to provide the pies you sponsor
(although I assure you she will), and yet you expect Chum to trust that
you'll show up and honor your sorta-pledge. I'm saying Prue will be
going to Chum with her hand out just as soon as somebody forks over 10
pies or 350 coins. Seems only fair.

But, thanks for the support. Hope to see you on the big day. If you
haven't actually purchased the 10 pies, may I suggest you make a
financial donation to Prue in front of witnesses? Then we'll have Chum
on the hook for his pledge. On the day of the event, you'll get your
pies before witnesses. If you don't, go ahead and sue Prue. It's not
like you won't have plenty of evidence to win your case.

> (Plus, how are you going to hold 10 MORE pies if you already have your
> own stock?)

At present, Prue is encouraging financial donations. The money will be
used to purchase pies closer to the date of the exhibition. Money will
also be used, if necessary, to pay storage on any large pie donations.
We've gotten a few donations of actual pies, but no storage has yet been
required. Pledges are also fine, but we may run into trouble if too many
folks pledge support, but fail to attend the show. Without pies or cash
on hand, we'll have problems distributing exhibits to those who do show
up. So money is safer, to my way of thinking.

As necessary, Prue will attempt to distribute real pie donations to
folks she finds trustworthy (to keep storage costs to a minimum). Who is
"trustworthy" is gonna have to be a subjective judgment.

Yours,
Prue

PS. It just occured to me that this pie exhibition is going to occur at
the same time and place as Cousin Babs' wedding to Sleipy. I do hope
this won't cause any problems.

Phelps

Jun 16, 2002, 8:51:41 PM6/16/02
In article <prueSPAM-87C007...@corp.supernews.com>,
Prue <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> In article <hidden-423991....@usenet.stanford.edu>,
> Hidden <hid...@no-op.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <prueSPAM-97A4E3...@corp.supernews.com>,
> > Prue <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It's only a donation if you... ya know... actually donate them.
> >
> > I don't trust you to not use them before the wedding, but fear not! I'll
> > be there ready to supply much ammo!
>
> This is all well and good. The Puddleby Pie Project (Operation Tart the
> Tart) will be grateful for your participation on the day of the event.

Event Permit, 50c.

King Phelps the Everlasting
South Farm Empire

Prue

Jun 17, 2002, 7:02:14 AM6/17/02
In article <Chum-F15E68.1...@ca.news.verio.net>,
Chum <Chum@*YOUR-CLOTHES*PlayNaked.com> wrote:

> In article <prueSPAM-6E1792...@corp.supernews.com>, Prue
> <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:
>
> > On a completely unrelated note, Prue will be accepting donations to be
> > used in assembling the greatest collection of Tangleberry Pies ever seen
> > in Puddleby. She'll also be looking for volunteers to help carry the
> > pies to the Meadow for display on the 52nd day of summer (June 29, 12
> > noon PDT).
>

> I am touched, and pledge to match the first donation of 10 pies.

Well, it's official!... The Puddleby Pie Project has received its first
10 pie contribution. And the generous patron of pastry perfomance art
is... Droch! He happily gave 350 coins this very night.

The Project eagerly awaits your contribution, Chum.

Thus far, here is the list of magnanimous art lovers:

PLATINUM SPONSORS
Droch (350c)
Llenlleawg (350c)

GOLD SPONSORS
Aerizith (3 pies)
Kishi (150c)
Norm (105c + 1 pie)

SILVER SPONSORS
Naferu (50c)
Opxe (50c)
Quo (50c)
Theo (75c)
Xaerus (50c)
Anonymous Patron(50c)

OTHER SPONSORS
Lex (1 pie)
Anonymous Sponsor (10c)
Anonymous Sponsor (25c)

With these contributions, we'll be able to procure about 42 pies! A fine
start. But we've still got a ways to go. Come on, Chum! Put us over that
50 pie mark!

Weezoh ap Gl'mf

Jun 17, 2002, 9:26:39 AM6/17/02

Phelps wrote:
> In article <1fds8o6.h6a7tc9te1d0N@[158.36.196.198]>,
> baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:
>

>>Lex <co...@mac.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hunting the groom could be fun! I suspect there will be quite a line at the
>>>badlands.
>>
>>hk
>

> I don't get this one. It is funny that the first thing I thought was
> "Heckler & Koch".
>

> HWC for Phelps, who might be about to add a PPK to the Phelpses of the
> World Arsenal, if the deal is good enough
> obBalanceTaxSDB

I didn't get it either, and the first thing I thought of was also
Heckler & Koch

That Baba doesn't fool around does she?

--
HWC Weezoh ap Gl'mf

Chum

Jun 17, 2002, 11:35:03 AM6/17/02
In article <prueSPAM-D9B186...@corp.supernews.com>, Prue
<prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> Come on, Chum! Put us over that 50 pie mark!

Checked for you just now, didn't see you in the lands. I'll catch up to
you soon. I'm VERY proud of the platinum sponsors, and pleased to see
everyone getting into the spirit of this fine cultural event.

I had planned to donate pies. Do you want them directly, or...? We'll
work that out when I see you. I'll check again in a bit.

Hidden

Jun 17, 2002, 4:54:42 AM6/17/02
In article <prueSPAM-87C007...@corp.supernews.com>,
Prue <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> The Puddleby Pie Project (Operation Tart the Tart) will be grateful
> for your participation on the day of the event. However, Chum pledged
> to match the first donation of 10 pies

I shall be there. And so shall Chum, if he knows what's good for him.
(Which, being Chum, he does)

I shall also endeavour to scrape up another 350c for a second donation
of 10 pies prior to the event.

Lex

Jun 17, 2002, 5:17:01 PM6/17/02

> >>hk
> >

> > I don't get this one. It is funny that the first thing I thought was
> > "Heckler & Koch".
> >

> > HWC for Phelps, who might be about to add a PPK to the Phelpses of the
> > World Arsenal, if the deal is good enough
> > obBalanceTaxSDB
> >

> I didn't get it either, and the first thing I thought of was also
> Heckler & Koch
>
> That Baba doesn't fool around does she?
>
> --
> HWC Weezoh ap Gl'mf
> Fellowship of the Red Quill

I figured it was Norwegian for "fu"

Lex

Prue

Jun 17, 2002, 5:51:54 PM6/17/02
In article <Chum-452465.0...@ca.news.verio.net>,
Chum <Chum@*YOUR-CLOTHES*PlayNaked.com> wrote:

> In article <prueSPAM-D9B186...@corp.supernews.com>, Prue
> <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:
>
> > Come on, Chum! Put us over that 50 pie mark!
>
> Checked for you just now, didn't see you in the lands. I'll catch up
> to you soon. I'm VERY proud of the platinum sponsors, and pleased to
> see everyone getting into the spirit of this fine cultural event.

What an exciting day in the world of experimental pastry art! Prue
stepped out of the library to look for Chum, but instead found a river
of generous donors. Most notable were Thuja and Iho, who each gave a
whopping 500 coins! Bravo, you two!

Puddleby's premier patrons of the arts are now:

PLATINUM SPONSORS
Droch (350c)
Iho (500c)
Llenlleawg (350c)
SHAMHAT (350c and a request that her name be writ large here)
Thuja (500c)

GOLD SPONSORS
Aerizith (6 pies)

Kishi (150c)
Norm (105c + 1 pie)

SILVER SPONSORS
Naferu (50c)
Opxe (50c)
Quo (50c)
Theo (75c)
Xaerus (50c)

Yor (50c)
Anonymous Sponsor (50c)

OTHER SPONSORS
Dagiris (1c)
Lex (1 pie)
Telemain (25c)
Anonymous Sponsor (25c)
Anonymous Sponsor (10c)

That's enough for about 86 pies! At this rate, Chum may be the one to
put us over the 100 pie mark! Surely someone out there would like to
beat him to it...

With pride in her community,
Prue

In other news: Babajaga has inexplicably declared WAR on anyone whose
name appears on our proud list of patrons! Could it be that
self-consciousness about her rather plain appearance has caused her to
pathologically detest all beautiful things... AND EVEN ART ITSELF? With
luck, she will be so moved by the beauty of our project that even her
hardened and pugnacious soul will be slightly improved.

Babajaga

Jun 17, 2002, 6:26:13 PM6/17/02
Prue <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> In other news: Babajaga has inexplicably declared WAR on anyone whose
> name appears on our proud list of patrons! Could it be that
> self-consciousness about her rather plain appearance has caused her to
> pathologically detest all beautiful things... AND EVEN ART ITSELF? With
> luck, she will be so moved by the beauty of our project that even her
> hardened and pugnacious soul will be slightly improved.

May I kindly remind those on the list that you are indeed sponsoring a
display of "Art" whose sole purpose is to disturb my wedding? Don´t then
be surprised if the consequences of your "sponsorship" are greater than
what you first thought.

I am saddened by the "loyalty" shown by some of the names on this list,
and I urge you to rethink your decision. Is this how you value
friendship?

No, neither the Knight or I will look kindly on any comrades of Prue,
although I thank her for this list - as it has other uses.

Friends, those loyal to the Knight and myself, be sure to bring some
ammunition as well, and if the witch as much as pie-blinks .. let her
have it - as well as those other "sponsors".

The Knight and I will remarry, and the ceremony will be held - whether
under earthquake or pie-rain. We have faced far greater dangers than
what a petty little witch mind can come up with.

Babajaga Vanimalda

Babajaga Vanimalda, the Fleet <http://www.red-quill.org/babajaga/>
The Film Vault <http://www.red-quill.org/vault/>
Fellowship of the Red Quill <http://www.red-quill.org/>

remove the SPERRE to reply

Phelps

Jun 17, 2002, 6:47:04 PM6/17/02
In article <prueSPAM-C19F60...@corp.supernews.com>,
Prue <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> In other news: Babajaga has inexplicably declared WAR on anyone whose
> name appears on our proud list of patrons! Could it be that
> self-consciousness about her rather plain appearance has caused her to
> pathologically detest all beautiful things... AND EVEN ART ITSELF? With
> luck, she will be so moved by the beauty of our project that even her
> hardened and pugnacious soul will be slightly improved.

War declaration filing fee, 25c.

Fine for failure to remit filing fee, 500c. Fine for treason (in
declaring war without the consent of our throne) 10,000c.

Babajaga

Jun 17, 2002, 6:56:29 PM6/17/02
Lex <co...@mac.com> wrote:

> > > I don't get this one. It is funny that the first thing I thought was
> > > "Heckler & Koch".
> > >

> > > HWC for Phelps, who might be about to add a PPK to the Phelpses of the
> > > World Arsenal, if the deal is good enough
> > > obBalanceTaxSDB
> > >

> > I didn't get it either, and the first thing I thought of was also
> > Heckler & Koch
> >
> > That Baba doesn't fool around does she?
> >
> > --
> > HWC Weezoh ap Gl'mf
> > Fellowship of the Red Quill
>
> I figured it was Norwegian for "fu"

I sent a reply already with a most unreliable courier, his name was "a
pecee".... so, in fear of repeating myself - in case the unreliable
one do shows up as reliable..

aa gets confused

Anyway.. I have later heard these two Heckler and Koch are in sort
of the same business as Pirate Henrik and/or Wiktus
.. and either way, that seems to fit nicely, somehow.

I have to meet these two!

Chum

Jun 17, 2002, 9:09:43 PM6/17/02
In article <prueSPAM-C19F60...@corp.supernews.com>, Prue
<prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> In other news: Babajaga has inexplicably declared WAR on anyone whose
> name appears on our proud list of patrons!

What?! I am flabbergasted! Are you sure this isn't some
misunderstanding?! Can we have a direct quote and/or a cite? Not that
I don't have full and complete trust in your witchiness, but this is a
grave matter, and seeing the words myself would help deflabbergast me.

(I think.)

> Could it be that
> self-consciousness about her rather plain appearance has caused her to
> pathologically detest all beautiful things... AND EVEN ART ITSELF? With
> luck, she will be so moved by the beauty of our project that even her
> hardened and pugnacious soul will be slightly improved.

One can only hope...

Chum

Jun 17, 2002, 9:10:43 PM6/17/02
In article <1fdy5u9.tsrhwe63ly0wN@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

> May I kindly remind those on the list that you are indeed sponsoring a
> display of "Art" whose sole purpose is to disturb my wedding?

Ah -- so it *IS* mearly a misunderstanding. Whew!

You are mistaken.

Shamhat de Leon

Jun 17, 2002, 9:56:58 PM6/17/02
In article <1fdy5u9.tsrhwe63ly0wN@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

> May I kindly remind those on the list that you are indeed sponsoring a
> display of "Art" whose sole purpose is to disturb my wedding?

And here I was all impressed that this time the catering was going to be
organized rather than the haphazard tidbits we got last time. I had even
expected that some of our favorite beverages would be served. Really
now, you can't expect people to show up to a second wedding if there
aren't even going to be any refreshments.

Asking the caterer to round up sponsors is a bit tacky, but I understand
that your finances are depleted due to your recent need to rid yourself
of infection, out of consideration for the health of the groom and
anyone that he might later come into intimate contact with. Thus I was
delighted to contribute.

I only wish that you had considered brownies or chocolate chip cookies
in addition to the traditional tangleberry pie, so that I might have
entered delicacies created by my own paws in the exhibition, rather than
simply contributing toawrd the purchase of ingredients.

-Shamhat

sir Sleipnir na Gralam

Jun 18, 2002, 5:08:18 AM6/18/02
In article <1fdy5u9.tsrhwe63ly0wN@[158.36.196.198]>,
baba...@SPERREhotmail.com (Babajaga) wrote:

> I am saddened by the "loyalty" shown by some of the names on this list,
> and I urge you to rethink your decision. Is this how you value
> friendship?

I cannot agree more. It is with sadness that I note that Thuja hath
donated money to a cause deliberately designed, with malice aforethought,
to disturb and interrupt what will be the happiest day of my life.

I note with sadness that Yor hath also donated coins in an attempt to
further disrupt my wedding.

I note that Norm hath done the same. And Lex.

Even Shamhat, for whom I have always had the greatest respect, hath given
money to this malicious purpose.

These be all people that I had considered friends. I had thought that they
did not despise me, that we were on amicable terms, that any bad feeling
in the past had been put behind us. I have treated these people always
with respect. With liking, aye, even with admiration. I had thought this
respect to be returned. It be with a sad, sad heart, that I now see the
extent of their friendship and respect, that they be willing to donate
money in an attempt to sabotage what is, they must know, a most important
day for me.

Do they not understand that an attack upon my wedding day be both a mortal
insult to mine honour, as well as a blemish upon theirs? Do they value
mine honour, and my friendship, so low?

At such a time do we, in very truth, discover the truth about our friends,
and the extent of their friendship for us. Mine eyes be opened, but not to
a comfortable world, but to a harsh and grey place, duller of honour that
I yet believed.

I remain,

As ever,

sir Sleipnir Na Gralam

--
sir Sleipnir Na Gralam, Knight of the Rose

Prue

Jun 18, 2002, 6:29:39 AM6/18/02
The Puddleby Pie Project continues to gain momentum. We've a few more
generous donors to add to the list. Most notably, a 500 coin
contribution sent via courier from a most unexpected benefactor. As we
have not confirmed with this person whether they wish their name made
public, we shall leave them anonymous for now. But let me say to him:
Thou art most munificent, good sir!

The List (*denotes new/changed entry):

PLATINUM SPONSORS
Droch (350c)
Iho (500c)
Llenlleawg (350c)

SHAMHAT (350c)
Thuja (500c)
*A Most Courteous & Charitable Anonymous Sponsor (500c)

GOLD SPONSORS
*Aerizith (6 pies -- a 3 pie upgrade!)

Kishi (150c)
Norm (105c + 1 pie)

*Samwise (105c)

SILVER SPONSORS
Naferu (50c)
Opxe (50c)

Theo (75c)
Xaerus (50c)
Yor (50c)
Anonymous Sponsor (50c)
Anonymous Sponsor (50c)

OTHER SPONSORS
*Dagiris (2c -- doubled his donation!)
*Elenis Reyav (35c)
*Eyeball (20c)
*Hepta (15c)
Lex (1 pie)
*Soulmaster (30c -- tripled his donation, and proudly went public!)
*Telemain (25c)
*Ugh (15c)
*Anonymous Sponsor (38c)
Anonymous Sponsor (25c)

We're over the 100 pie mark, and going strong. And all this without yet
receiving Chum's contribution. Dare we try for 200?

Yours,
Prue

Chum

Jun 18, 2002, 11:36:06 AM6/18/02
In article
<sleipnirbugger-...@203-79-104-33.tnt14.paradise.net.nz>,
sleipni...@offspamred-quill.com (sir Sleipnir na Gralam) wrote:

> Do they not understand that an attack upon my wedding day be both a mortal
> insult to mine honour, as well as a blemish upon theirs? Do they value
> mine honour, and my friendship, so low?

Sleip, Sleip, Sleip!

Prue is putting together an ART DISPLAY -- a museum-grade display of
masterful cullinary art skills -- and has been planning to do so for a
very long time.

While it is a shame that you have planned your wedding smack dab in the
middle of said display, and in the very same location, it is not SO
unusual that you would both pick such a lovely day and such a lovely
spot. I am certain that, if your (<ahem!> SECOND!) wedding is kept
descretely short and on topic, that not many of your close friends will
be found wandering off to enjoy this lovely garden display of pie
perfection.

In addition, I would think that you would not want to besmirch your
betrothed's honour by making too big of a fuss about her second
marriage, lest your display remind people of exactly why it is she
requires yet another wedding. If this becomes too frequent, people
might think it's some sort of holy festival: "The Annual Puddleby
Cullinary Art Show and Sleipnir/Babajaga Wedding."

On the occasion of this day, I congratulate you, and wish you all the
best.

Lex

Jun 18, 2002, 3:40:21 PM6/18/02
> I am touched, and pledge to match the first donation of 10 pies.

If you were really Sleipnir's friend you'd be saving your money for potions
of energy, which he will surely need for the wedding night. I hear Baba
doesn't like slackers.

Lex

Phelps

Jun 18, 2002, 9:28:01 PM6/18/02
In article <aeo2ah$8mk$1...@netnews.upenn.edu>, "Lex" <co...@mac.com>
wrote:

Not quite right. If you were Baba's friend you might consider that.
Of course, if you were REALLY her friend then you might not do it for
that reason.

If you were Sleipy's friend you would let him rest. It is our
experience that no man really "suffers" from a lack of stamina.

Pernille Jensen

Jun 19, 2002, 6:59:53 AM6/19/02
sir Sleipnir na Gralam <sleipni...@offspamred-quill.com> wrote:

> I cannot agree more. It is with sadness that I note that Thuja hath
> donated money to a cause deliberately designed, with malice aforethought,
> to disturb and interrupt what will be the happiest day of my life.

I can't for one second believe that it was designed to disturb and
interrupt your wedding. In fact, I think it will help attract many more
guests, and spice up the event a quite bit.

Not to mention that you get the catering for free. You should be
grateful!

- Thuja

--
Get the latest CL visionstones, and upload your own:
<http://movies.puddleby.info/>

Prue

Jun 19, 2002, 5:13:38 PM6/19/02
In an unrivaled act of generosity and modesty, an anonymous donor has
delivered via courier the sum of 3500 coins! That's right: A one-person
sponsorship of 100 pies.

In recognition of this astoundingly selfless gesture, we have added a
5th tier of honor to our list of contributers: The DIAMOND SPONSOR
level. With immeasurable gratitude and respect, we add our nameless
patron to the list of Puddleby's premier art lovers.

Our sole Diamond Sponsor also delivers a message. The messenger was
uncertain of his employers precise words, so to summarize:

"Although some may misinterpret the Puddleby Pie Project as a mere
act of disruption at a certain ceremony, I give these coins knowing
that the two events are in no way incompatible: Both are expressions
of joy."

...As perceptive and wise as he or she is charitable.

I think I may say that, no matter what occurs on the actual day of the
event, the Puddleby Pie Project is already a complete success. It has
served as an expression of modesty for some, vanity for others. It is
simultaneously divisive and unifying. For some, it is symbol of
friendship, while for others, a vehicle for revenge. The pie is
life-giving food, the pie is weapon. The Project is transitory, and will
surely last forever. The meaning of the Project is as complex and
layered as the Puddleby community itself. If that ain't art, I don't
know what is.

This old witch is downright misty at the marvelous stone soupiness of it
all.

Yours,
Prue

*****

The List (*denotes new/changed entry):

DIAMOND SPONSORS
*Anonymous Sponsor (3500c)

PLATINUM SPONSORS
Droch (350c)
Iho (500c)
Llenlleawg (350c)

*Thorstorm (420c)
SHAMHAT (350c)
Thuja (500c)

A Most Courteous & Charitable Anonymous Sponsor (500c)

GOLD SPONSORS
Aerizith (6 pies)
*Deathlord (300c)
Kishi (150c)
*Ledward Vicious (105c)

Norm (105c + 1 pie)

Samwise (105c)

SILVER SPONSORS
Naferu (50c)
Opxe (50c)
Theo (75c)
Xaerus (50c)
Yor (50c)
Anonymous Sponsor (50c)
Anonymous Sponsor (50c)

OTHER SPONSORS
Dagiris (2c)
Elenis Reyav (35c)
Eyeball (20c)
Hepta (15c)
Lex (1 pie)
Soulmaster (30c)
Telemain (25c)
Ugh (15c)

Anonymous Sponsor (38c)
Anonymous Sponsor (25c)

*Anonymous Sponsor (1 pie)

*****

sir Sleipnir na Gralam

Jun 20, 2002, 3:34:01 PM6/20/02
In article <prueSPAM-231FDA...@corp.supernews.com>, Prue
<prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> the pie is weapon.

And thus do we hear, from the mouth of the witch herself, the true purpose
of this so-called "artistic event".

Let us now hear no more of these hypocritical posturings as to the
"artistic merit" of the display. Such naive and ridiculous statements do
their authors no credit, serving rather to display their disengenuity
than their perspicacity.

When the witch and her cronies make their sophomoric (and vain) attempt to
disrupt our happy day, then I do hope that some members of the Puddleby
community will hang their heads in shame at how easily they have been
duped into participating in evil.

Chum

Jun 20, 2002, 5:14:51 PM6/20/02
In article
<sleipnirbugger-...@203-79-102-20.tnt14.paradise.net.nz>,
sleipni...@offspamred-quill.com (sir Sleipnir na Gralam) wrote:

> naive and ridiculous statements do their authors no credit

> sir Sleipnir Na Gralam

Remember, folks -- you heard it here, first!

Mr. Chrystalis

Jun 21, 2002, 12:24:35 AM6/21/02
I suggest eloping.

-Mr. Chrystalis

Prue

Jun 21, 2002, 2:52:05 PM6/21/02
The Puddleby Pie Project has a life of its own. Several fine
Puddlebians, no doubt inspired by the generousity of our anonymous top
contributer, have added their names to the prestigious list of Diamond
Sponsors.

Interest in the Project has far exceeded all expectations. It has become
abundantly clear that we will need a veritable army of volunteers to
carry the Project to the Meadow. As there is also a wedding ceremony
being held at the same time and place, perhaps the wedding party and
guests could be convinced to lend a hand in some of the pie-bearing?

Anyone who would like to commit to volunteering time and pack space on
the day of the event is encouraged to send Prue an enchanted mail. Tell
her your name and how many pies you think you'll be able to convey to
the Meadow. Also include a return address. You need not be a sponsor to
carry pies... several donors have indicated that they will be unable to
attend the event. For the exceptionally needy, the Project may be able
to provides some funds to offset storage fees, should you need to clear
out some pack space. If you think you'll need this assistance, please
indicate so in message to Prue.

The event date, once again, is: Summer 52. That'd be June 29, Noon PDT
on the Imperial Calander.

The List (*denotes new/changed entry):

DIAMOND SPONSORS (20+ pie sponsorship)
*Axis (700c)
*Althea & Slyph, social couple of the century (2000c)
*Cutlas (1000c)
Anonymous Sponsor (3500c)

PLATINUM SPONSORS (10 pie sponsorship)
*Brock (500c)
*Connie Crete (500c)
Droch (350c)
Iho (500c)
*Hidden (350c + 9 pies)
*Hrothgar (360c)
Llenlleawg (350c)
*Paramedic (350c "Thoom!")
SHAMHAT (350c)
Thorstorm (420c)

Thuja (500c)
A Most Courteous & Charitable Anonymous Sponsor (500c)

GOLD SPONSORS (3 pie sponsorship)
Aerizith (6 pies)
*Boggs (125c)
Deathlord (300c)
Kishi (150c)
Ledward Vicious (105c)
*Michael (110c)

Norm (105c + 1 pie)

*Relkin (105c)
Samwise (105c)
*Slim (200c)
*Anonymous Sponsor (105c)

SILVER SPONSORS (a pie, and then some)
*Bones (51c)
*J'nder (50c)

Naferu (50c)
Opxe (50c)
Theo (75c)
Xaerus (50c)
Yor (50c)

*Anonymous Sponsor (100c)
*Anonymous Sponsor (100c)

Anonymous Sponsor (50c)
Anonymous Sponsor (50c)

OTHER SPONSORS (it all helps! special thanks to these folks!)
*Ahh (10c)
*Ambika (5c)

Dagiris (2c)
Elenis Reyav (35c)
Eyeball (20c)
Hepta (15c)

*Laiy (35c)
Lex (1 pie)
*Papa (5c)
*Selwyn (20c)
Soulmaster (30c)
*Talin (5c)
Telemain (25c)
Ugh (15c)
*Viviana (20c)

Anonymous Sponsor (38c)
Anonymous Sponsor (25c)

Anonymous Sponsor (1 pie)

Thanks and Kudos to one and all!
Prue.

Prue

Jun 21, 2002, 3:48:21 PM6/21/02

> In article <prueSPAM-231FDA...@corp.supernews.com>, Prue
> <prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:
>
> > the pie is weapon.
>
> And thus do we hear, from the mouth of the witch herself, the true purpose
> of this so-called "artistic event".
>
> Let us now hear no more of these hypocritical posturings as to the
> "artistic merit" of the display. Such naive and ridiculous statements do
> their authors no credit, serving rather to display their disengenuity
> than their perspicacity.
>
> When the witch and her cronies make their sophomoric (and vain) attempt to
> disrupt our happy day, then I do hope that some members of the Puddleby
> community will hang their heads in shame at how easily they have been
> duped into participating in evil.

Dear, clever Sleipnir. Your message was so ingeniously and subtly
crafted, that I almost made the error of taking it at face value. But,
upon reflection, your intent is clear. You have flawlessly mimicked the
voice of those uncultured and benighted philistines who think "good art"
means some harmless and useless bauble that goes well with the decor. As
you elliptically indicate, real art has a long history of subversion and
intellectual war-making. Such art is frequently attacked as being mere
unartistic troublemaking. But it is indeed a potent weapon, and pregnant
with complexity.

How deft of you to use irony to lampoon our senseless detractors, while
at the same time initiating a discussion of the nature and purpose of
art. Your message itself is an example of art as weapon. And to think
some people call you foolish. Bravo, sir!

Yours,
Prue

sir Sleipnir na Gralam

Jun 22, 2002, 4:37:11 PM6/22/02
In article <prueSPAM-4F3EC2...@corp.supernews.com>, Prue
<prue...@SUCKSpuddleby.com> wrote:

> And to think
> some people call you foolish. Bravo, sir!
>
> Yours,
> Prue

This be indeed a source of some puzzlement to me, aye. Nevertheless, an a
pie be thrown at me or my beloved, then shall all of Puddleby know full
well thy hypocrisy and thy malice.

By their actions shall thine enemies be known full well.

Chum

Jun 22, 2002, 4:53:34 PM6/22/02
In article
<sleipnirbugger-...@203-79-67-131.tnt10.paradise.net.nz>,
sleipni...@offspamred-quill.com (sir Sleipnir na Gralam) wrote:

> Nevertheless, an a
> pie be thrown at me or my beloved, then shall all of Puddleby know full
> well thy hypocrisy and thy malice.

It is traditional, I believe, for the newlyreweds to stuff wedding-pie
into each others' mouths in as indelicate a manner as possible.

I know this may seem uncouth to you, but it's actually a display of
humility -- an opening of the heart and public demonstration that one is
not too proud to be seen pie-smeared by one's betrothed.

FYI.

Chum

Jun 22, 2002, 6:25:53 PM6/22/02
In article <Chum-E3F61B.1...@ca.news.verio.net>, Chum
<Chum@*YOUR-CLOTHES*PlayNaked.com> wrote:

> In article
> <sleipnirbugger-...@203-79-67-131.tnt10.paradise.net.nz>,
> sleipni...@offspamred-quill.com (sir Sleipnir na Gralam) wrote:
>
> > Nevertheless, an a
> > pie be thrown at me or my beloved, then shall all of Puddleby know full
> > well thy hypocrisy and thy malice.
>
> It is traditional, I believe, for the newlyreweds to stuff wedding-pie
> into each others' mouths in as indelicate a manner as possible.
>
> I know this may seem uncouth to you, but it's actually a display of
> humility -- an opening of the heart and public demonstration that one is
> not too proud to be seen pie-smeared by one's betrothed.

Of course, it is not unheard of for the friends and love ones of the
newlyrebetrothed to join in the fun, and share this tender moment. <G>

sir Sleipnir na Gralam

Jun 23, 2002, 4:45:09 AM6/23/02
In article <Chum-062B18.1...@ca.news.verio.net>, Chum
<Chum@*YOUR-CLOTHES*PlayNaked.com> wrote:

> In article <Chum-E3F61B.1...@ca.news.verio.net>, Chum
> <Chum@*YOUR-CLOTHES*PlayNaked.com> wrote:
> >
> > It is traditional, I believe, for the newlyreweds to stuff wedding-pie
> > into each others' mouths in as indelicate a manner as possible.
> >
> > I know this may seem uncouth to you, but it's actually a display of
> > humility -- an opening of the heart and public demonstration that one is
> > not too proud to be seen pie-smeared by one's betrothed.
>

> Of course, it is not unheard of for the friends and loved ones of the

> newlyrebetrothed to join in the fun, and share this tender moment. <G>

This be, in point of fact, inaccurate. An any person doth throw a pie at
my beloved, that person be neither friend nor loved one.

Any and all pie-throwers, or those who contributeth money to the purchase
of any thrown pie, shall those persons be counted as traitorous enemies of
me and mine.

I remain,

As ever,

&c.. &c....

Prue

Jun 23, 2002, 7:49:50 AM6/23/02
In article
<sleipnirbugger-...@203-79-104-11.tnt14.paradise.net.nz>,

sleipni...@offspamred-quill.com (sir Sleipnir na Gralam) wrote:

> Any and all pie-throwers, or those who contributeth money to the purchase
> of any thrown pie, shall those persons be counted as traitorous enemies of
> me and mine.

If the love of art and intellectual exploration wasn't enough to get
people involved in the Project, this offer will certainly entice many.
Thank you, yet again, sir.

Yours,
Prue

PS. We have not received word whether your wedding party and guests will
do us the favor of helping transport the exhibits to the Meadow.
Awaiting your almost certainly affirmative response...

Yor

Jun 23, 2002, 11:29:26 AM6/23/02
In article
<sleipnirbugger-...@203-79-104-33.tnt14.paradise.net.nz>,

sir Sleipnir na Gralam <sleipni...@offspamred-quill.com> wrote:

> I note with sadness that Yor hath also donated coins in an attempt to
> further disrupt my wedding.

Heh. I honestly didn't even realize this "contest" was being held at
the same time and place. That's a Zo for ya. <g>

At least there will be plenty to eat! <g>

Yor

Phelps

Jun 23, 2002, 12:33:18 PM6/23/02
In article
<sleipnirbugger-...@203-79-104-11.tnt14.paradise.net.nz>,

sleipni...@offspamred-quill.com (sir Sleipnir na Gralam) wrote:

> Any and all pie-throwers, or those who contributeth money to the purchase
> of any thrown pie, shall those persons be counted as traitorous enemies of
> me and mine.

By insinuating that you may usurp the royal prerogative of treason,
you stumble dangerously close to treason yourself. Watch your words
more carefully in the future, ronin.