Old Mac tank game?

niko...@dodgeit.com

Feb 7, 2007, 4:25:56 AM2/7/07
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to remember the title of an old game. You controlled a tank
or some other sort of vehicle which had a swiveling turret, and you
could travel forward or backward along a track shaped like a figure
eight. There were enemies traveling along the same track and you had
to try to destroy them before they got you. I believe the game could
be played either alone against the computer or against another human
player. Perhaps there were other track shapes, but the figure eight is
the only one I can recall at the moment.

I probably played the game circa 1994 or 1995, and if memory serves me
right it was in color.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

wiet

Feb 8, 2007, 5:38:31 PM2/8/07

BattleZone?

Matthew David Hills

Feb 12, 2007, 1:07:11 PM2/12/07
In article <1170974311.6...@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>,

>On Feb 7, 10:25 am, nikon...@dodgeit.com wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I'm trying to remember the title of an old game. You controlled a tank
>> or some other sort of vehicle which had a swiveling turret,
>
>BattleZone?

I was going to say "Bolo" when I saw the title, but don't think this was
the game described.

Spectre was another battlezone-like game, but that doesn't sound right either.

Matt

jean-yves hervé

Feb 18, 2007, 5:39:29 PM2/18/07
"wiet" <wiet...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > I'm trying to remember the title of an old game. You controlled a tank
> > or some other sort of vehicle which had a swiveling turret, and you
> > could travel forward or backward along a track shaped like a figure
> > eight. There were enemies traveling along the same track and you had
> > to try to destroy them before they got you. I believe the game could
> > be played either alone against the computer or against another human
> > player. Perhaps there were other track shapes, but the figure eight is
> > the only one I can recall at the moment.

Bolo?

jyh.

salokinnnn

Jun 23, 2009, 7:41:32 PM6/23/09

The game you're looking for IS Bolo, and there is a fan remake (I
forget the name.... check it out on Wikipedia.org) Yeah, that was a
cool game.

Pedro Vaz

Aug 29, 2009, 11:03:58 AM8/29/09

Man, what a great game! Thanks