Unable to move mac OS Mojave v10.14.6's Mail app's local e-mail copies to local Mac's folders offline?

Ant

Oct 23, 2020, 1:45:51 AM10/23/20
Hello.

My client lost most (thousands) of his e-mails on his IMAP servers, but he still has most of them as local
copies in his old 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro (MBP)'s mac OS Mojave v10.14.6's Mail app when I checked offline
(no wifi connection for Internet). I tried to move his thousands e-mails to new local folders, but they
didn't move at all. They get stuck at the first one. I am trying to save them before he uses his MBP's and
to his iPhone 11 Pro Max's Mail apps online again. I am hoping I can put them back on his IMAP servers and
iPhone with this method.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, illnesses (e.g., COVID-19 & SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), heat (rays), interruptions, stresses, fires, out(r)ages, dramas, unlucky #4, 2020, greeds, bugs (e.g., crashes & female mosquitoes), etc. D:
| |o o| |

Alan Baker

Oct 23, 2020, 1:50:29 AM10/23/20
On 2020-10-22 10:45 p.m., Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> My client lost most (thousands) of his e-mails on his IMAP servers, but he still has most of them as local
> copies in his old 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro (MBP)'s mac OS Mojave v10.14.6's Mail app when I checked offline
> (no wifi connection for Internet). I tried to move his thousands e-mails to new local folders, but they
> didn't move at all. They get stuck at the first one. I am trying to save them before he uses his MBP's and
> to his iPhone 11 Pro Max's Mail apps online again. I am hoping I can put them back on his IMAP servers and
> iPhone with this method.
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Right-click: "Export Mailbox..."

Assuming that works, File menu: "Import Mailboxes..."

Ant

Oct 23, 2020, 2:12:46 AM10/23/20
Wow, quick answer. I like! That worked. I have most of the local e-mails exported and imported. Now, I
just need put them back into his IMAP servers and his iPhone which will take a while (all night?).

Alan Baker

Oct 23, 2020, 2:17:19 AM10/23/20
On 2020-10-22 11:12 p.m., Ant wrote:
> In comp.sys.mac.apps Alan Baker <notony...@no.no.no.no> wrote:
>> On 2020-10-22 10:45 p.m., Ant wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> My client lost most (thousands) of his e-mails on his IMAP servers, but he still has most of them as local
>>> copies in his old 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro (MBP)'s mac OS Mojave v10.14.6's Mail app when I checked offline
>>> (no wifi connection for Internet). I tried to move his thousands e-mails to new local folders, but they
>>> didn't move at all. They get stuck at the first one. I am trying to save them before he uses his MBP's and
>>> to his iPhone 11 Pro Max's Mail apps online again. I am hoping I can put them back on his IMAP servers and
>>> iPhone with this method.
>>>
>>> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
>>>

>> Right-click: "Export Mailbox..."
>
>> Assuming that works, File menu: "Import Mailboxes..."
>
> Wow, quick answer. I like! That worked. I have most of the local e-mails exported and imported. Now, I
> just need put them back into his IMAP servers and his iPhone which will take a while (all night?).

De nada.

<thumbsup>

Ant

Oct 23, 2020, 2:31:06 AM10/23/20
I just realized something. Is it possible to do the same with iTunes' local back up which is even more
recent than his Mail in his MBP? I don't see a way to tell iTunes to restore ONLY Mail.