OT: Happy Pi Day!

android

Mar 14, 2017, 12:19:24 PM3/14/17
It's international pi day today. Pi is a constant and is 3.14xxxxxx. it
has a ewide usage and should celebrated as much as anything worldly!

Some resort to pizza or another form of pi(e) but I have replaced it
with a couple of "semlor" since it's a tuesday in the feasting season
and they could look like pi(e)s from above!

Sooo... Happy Pi Day!!! :-))

<https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semla>
--
teleportation kills

rickman

Mar 14, 2017, 12:22:06 PM3/14/17
I celebrated Pi minute at 1:59 this morning.

--

Rick C

David B.

Mar 14, 2017, 12:30:01 PM3/14/17
Song from π!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-x3pUcdeo

Enjoy! :-)

Neil

Mar 14, 2017, 1:27:48 PM3/14/17
On 3/14/2017 12:29 PM, David B. wrote:

> Song from π!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-x3pUcdeo
>
> Enjoy! :-)

Almost cute, but I had to leave when he claimed that the Pi symbol was
introduced in the 1700s by some European. It put the rest of his piece
in perspective for me.

--
best regards,

Neil

android

Mar 14, 2017, 2:00:40 PM3/14/17
In article <oa9918$grh$2...@dont-email.me>, Neil <ne...@myplaceofwork.com>
wrote:
According to the major wiki it has been used by since the ancient
Egyptians with the approximation 22/7 and it's still an approximation
but much more narrow.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi#Antiquity>

The Greek letter Pi was introduced as a symbol for it by some Welch, not
Raquel in 1709:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi#Adoption_of_the_symbol_.CF.80>
--
teleportation kills

David B.

Mar 15, 2017, 7:31:40 AM3/15/17
I'm sure it was just intended as a bit of fun! ;-)

Did anyone else watch the video clip, I wonder.

A comment from a musician would be good!

Erilar

Mar 15, 2017, 3:29:38 PM3/15/17
Looks delicious!

--