Fixed Mail App Not Deleting Gmails

1 view

Wade Garrett

Jul 5, 2022, 11:19:33 AM7/5/22
Emails received on one of the IMAP Gmail accounts on my iMac's email app
kept coming back to all devices after being deleted from the Mac. If I
deleted them via another device's mail app-- or on the Gmail server,
they stayed gone.

I tried the usual chicken dances on my iMac and on the Gmail server
account settings with no joy.

What fixed it was deleting the account off the iMac...then reinstalling
it. Working fine now.

I have no idea what the problem was-- but it's gone now...

--
I don’t mind a reasonable amount of trouble.
- Humphrey Bogart