Re: Apple Mail question: coloured messages

Message has been deleted

Michelle Steiner

Jan 5, 2014, 10:47:23 AM1/5/14
In article <labrqe$41o$1...@dont-email.me>, TDH1978
<thedeerh...@movie.uni> wrote:

> I have a number of messages in my "On My Mac" folders which, for some
> unknown reason, are coloured brown (or dark yellow or gold). Yet,
> there's nothing special about these messages; I have no rules set, and
> there are no flags associated with these messages. These messages are
> surrounded by virtually identical messages (same sender, recipient,
> subject, etc) that are not coloured.
>
> Does anyone know why Apple Mail would colour these messages?

Apple Mail thinks they are junk messages, and you do not have mail
configured to send junk mail to the junk mailbox.
Message has been deleted

Michelle Steiner

Jan 5, 2014, 1:37:22 PM1/5/14
In article <lac02f$tul$1...@dont-email.me>, TDH1978
<thedeerh...@movie.uni> wrote:

> On 2014-01-05 15:47:23 +0000, Michelle Steiner said:
>
> > Apple Mail thinks they are junk messages, and you do not have mail
> > configured to send junk mail to the junk mailbox.
>
> Apple Mail treats junk messages differently. For junk message, Apple
> Mail will show a "Mail thinks this is Junk Mail" message on the top
> left and a "Not Junk" button on the top right. Also, in my case, junk
> messages have a gold-coloured font but no background colour.
>
> However, the mystery messages mentioned in my post have a black font
> and gold-coloured background. I cannot figure out what is special
> about these messages, and how to remove the special effects.

Oh, you didn't say that the gold color was the background and not the
text.

gtr

Jan 5, 2014, 3:02:10 PM1/5/14
On 2014-01-05 14:56:15 +0000, TDH1978 said:

> I have a number of messages in my "On My Mac" folders which, for some
> unknown reason, are coloured brown (or dark yellow or gold). Yet,
> there's nothing special about these messages; I have no rules set, and
> there are no flags associated with these messages. These messages are
> surrounded by virtually identical messages (same sender, recipient,
> subject, etc) that are not coloured.
>
> Does anyone know why Apple Mail would colour these messages?

A number of mine come in with different colors depending on "Rules"
I've set under Preferences. I find this very hand to draw my attention
for one reason or other. Perhaps you have a rule set that you've
forgotten about, or that some one else has set.

officesup...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2014, 7:27:08 PM2/24/14
I think I found it! I was having the same problem after drafting new signatures for a client in my Apple Mail. All his messages then would appear with a blue background, but only in the list, not when the message was open. After much bad language I found the following simple trick works.

Open any message and go to Format > Show Colors. This will bring up the color selector.
Close the message and just be in your mailbox showing the list of messages.
Click once of one of the coloured messages, then click on white in the color selector.
When you click off your message, it should be back to normal. Mine was.

I hope this helps. I did find a couple of them it took a minute to settle in and adjust, maybe close and re-open might help if there are lots of them. All I can think is that I must have done something like this when I was setting up the signatures - maybe hit a message then color, rather than being in the signature setup box or something. Although - silver lining is I can highlight messages rather than using the Flag method.

Message has been deleted