Re: Different icloud and music accounts

Jolly Roger

Jan 22, 2024, 1:47:48 AMJan 22
On 2024-01-21, Chris <ithi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect I know the answer but is it possible to have a separate
> account for Apple music on an ipad?

Absolutely. I've done this for many years now.

> I have a Mac and ipad I use for work and I like Universal Control and
> shared notes etc across the devices. I also have a personal Apple
> music account that I use with my Mac, but can't see how to do the same
> with my ipad. I'd love to be wrong but I guess all Apple services on
> iPadOS all share the same - an only - account.

Only by default. You can set the separate music account at Settings >
Apple ID (at the top) > Media & Purchases.

JR

Chris

Jan 22, 2024, 12:35:50 PMJan 22
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2024-01-21, Chris <ithi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I suspect I know the answer but is it possible to have a separate
>> account for Apple music on an ipad?
>
> Absolutely. I've done this for many years now.
>
>> I have a Mac and ipad I use for work and I like Universal Control and
>> shared notes etc across the devices. I also have a personal Apple
>> music account that I use with my Mac, but can't see how to do the same
>> with my ipad. I'd love to be wrong but I guess all Apple services on
>> iPadOS all share the same - an only - account.
>
> Only by default. You can set the separate music account at Settings >
> Apple ID (at the top) > Media & Purchases.

That's bloody brilliant. I would never have found that.

Thanks! :)

Jolly Roger

Jan 22, 2024, 3:29:02 PMJan 22
It's nice. We've used it for years to share purchases, but still have
our own individua iCLoud accounts.