Re: Has anyone here already run a Linux iFuse (libimobiledevice) port on Windows?

4 views
Skip to first unread message

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 17, 2022, 9:47:13 PMJan 17
to

Many people on the child-like Apple newsgroups instinctively bullshit (which
is easily proven by the fact the Apple kooks like Jolly Roger, nospam, and
Lewis can't ever show a screenshot of them doing what they claim they do).

For those who haven't tried to copy files _to_ the entire visible file
system of a mobile device, you might not know what you can learn from these
<https://i.postimg.cc/NFkXsJ0X/files01.jpg> Windows, 1-way only, DCIM only
<https://i.postimg.cc/L8b18Zmx/files02.jpg> iOS "Files" does nothing useful
<https://i.postimg.cc/d3SGkdgr/files03.jpg> Android is two way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/QMk7tvZW/files04.jpg> Ubuntu is two way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/qqg61Rh8/files05.jpg> Ubuntu, movies _to_ iOS on USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/Jhmy9KH7/files06.jpg> Ubuntu uses iFuse for its magic
<https://i.postimg.cc/KjK4nHwf/files07.jpg> Ubuntu is two-way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/3xcCBngd/files08.jpg> iOS is just a dumb brick on Win
<https://i.postimg.cc/mDx3xkp4/files09.jpg> iOS only DCIM & only 1-way copy
<https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg> Android all filesystem is 2-way
<https://i.postimg.cc/cChf8mx1/files11.jpg> iOS requires hacks just to copy
<https://i.postimg.cc/pVJf72fN/files12.jpg> iOS hacks very often will fail

Note that I've tried every way possible, where those screenshots show many
of the huge differences in how each mobile device handles file copy on PCs.

a. iOS connected to Linux works perfectly (no extra software needed)
b. Android connected to Linux or Windows works perfectly also
c. It's just iOS connected to Windows that is a horrid clusterfuck

That's the problem we can solve but it will take work because we need an
iFuse port that's working on Windows and Apple will never provide a working
solution for full two-way file transfer without restriction to the entire
visible file system which we already have for all platforms except iOS.

corvid

unread,
Jan 17, 2022, 11:51:05 PMJan 17
to
On 1/17/22 18:47, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Many people on the child-like Apple newsgroups instinctively bullshit (which
> is easily proven by the fact the Apple kooks like Jolly Roger, nospam, and
> Lewis can't ever show a screenshot of them doing what they claim they do).
>
> For those who haven't tried to copy files _to_ the entire visible file
> system of a mobile device, you might not know what you can learn from these
> <https://i.postimg.cc/NFkXsJ0X/files01.jpg> Windows, 1-way only, DCIM only
> <https://i.postimg.cc/L8b18Zmx/files02.jpg> iOS "Files" does nothing useful
> <https://i.postimg.cc/d3SGkdgr/files03.jpg> Android is two way, everything
> <https://i.postimg.cc/QMk7tvZW/files04.jpg> Ubuntu is two way, everything
> <https://i.postimg.cc/qqg61Rh8/files05.jpg> Ubuntu, movies _to_ iOS on USB
> <https://i.postimg.cc/Jhmy9KH7/files06.jpg> Ubuntu uses iFuse for its magic
> <https://i.postimg.cc/KjK4nHwf/files07.jpg> Ubuntu is two-way, everything
> <https://i.postimg.cc/3xcCBngd/files08.jpg> iOS is just a dumb brick on Win
> <https://i.postimg.cc/mDx3xkp4/files09.jpg> iOS only DCIM & only 1-way copy
> <https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg> Android all filesystem is 2-way
> <https://i.postimg.cc/cChf8mx1/files11.jpg> iOS requires hacks just to copy
> <https://i.postimg.cc/pVJf72fN/files12.jpg> iOS hacks very often will fail
>
> Note that I've tried every way possible, where

where are any Mac computers?
I'd guess that iPads and iPhones play somewhat well with Macs.

> those screenshots show many
> of the huge differences in how each mobile device handles file copy on PCs.

Windows, OK.
Linux, OK.
macOS... not seeing it.

> a. iOS connected to Linux works perfectly (no extra software needed)
> b. Android connected to Linux or Windows works perfectly also
> c. It's just iOS connected to Windows that is a horrid clusterfuck

A few iPhone users probably have a Mac, and don't use Linux.
Really, why even stick Linux in here but exclude Mac?

> That's the problem we can solve but it will take work because we need an
> iFuse port that's working on Windows and Apple will never provide a working
> solution for full two-way file transfer without restriction to the entire
> visible file system which we already have for all platforms except iOS.

Where is macOS?

Chris

unread,
Jan 18, 2022, 7:00:51 AMJan 18
to
The OP is vehemently anti-Apple so tortures himself in finding
convoluted solutions to "problems".

sms

unread,
Jan 18, 2022, 8:45:46 AMJan 18
to
On 1/17/2022 8:51 PM, corvid wrote:

<snip>

> A few iPhone users probably have a Mac, and don't use Linux.
> Really, why even stick Linux in here but exclude Mac?

Not available on Mac. Of course you could dual-boot a Mac with Linux, an
x86 Mac can run Linux or Windows too. You can run Linux as a VM on an M1
Mac using Canonical's Multipass cross-platform VM manager.

Also note that with a non-Jailbroken iOS device, using iFuse, you can
only mount the media directory. If your device is Jailbroken you can
mount the entire filesystem. See
<https://github.com/libimobiledevice/ifuse>.

Apple has this all locked-up tight for non-Jailbroken devices, for valid
reasons.

nospam

unread,
Jan 18, 2022, 10:18:01 AMJan 18
to
In article <ss6ga7$8f6$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Not available on Mac.

not needed for mac, or windows for that matter.

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 18, 2022, 11:07:38 AMJan 18
to
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:51:01 -0800, corvid wrote:

> where are any Mac computers?
> I'd guess that iPads and iPhones play somewhat well with Macs.

It's a good question, where even I used to use the Mac in the days before
Microsoft Office went to hell on them (through no direct fault of Apple).

I still have a couple of those huge black tall cases!

And if you want to see a photo I'll show it as it's only on these child-like
Apple newsgroups you have the consummate bullshitters like these three:
a. nospam
b. Jolly Roger
c. Lewis

>> those screenshots show many
>> of the huge differences in how each mobile device handles file copy on PCs.
>
> Windows, OK.
> Linux, OK.
> macOS... not seeing it.

Based on what I know of Apple products, they work well only when in the
confines of the walled garden; so yes. You should _expect_ the following:
a. Plug the iPad into a Mac over USB
b. I would expect the _entire_ visible file system to show up
c. For both read and for write

Can you tell me if that's so?

Without _any_ additional software whatsoever?
Does the _entire_ visible file system show up instantly when you connect?

For both read and write?
(A screenshot would be nice.)

>> a. iOS connected to Linux works perfectly (no extra software needed)
>> b. Android connected to Linux or Windows works perfectly also
>> c. It's just iOS connected to Windows that is a horrid clusterfuck
>
> A few iPhone users probably have a Mac, and don't use Linux.
> Really, why even stick Linux in here but exclude Mac?

It's mighty interesting you didn't _understand_ why Linux is brought up.
What that means is may not have any idea how things _should_ be working.

The reason for Linux is that when you plug an iPad into Linux over USB,
everything you could possibly want to be the case, is the case.
*The iOS file transfer functionality between iOS & Linux is beautiful.

Lovely in fact.
It's exactly the way God herself has always intended things to be.

The entire visible file system of the iPad instantly turns into a usb stick.
Everything you could possibly want to be visible... is visible.

Read _and_ write.

You can even see inside of iOS system files (like the iOS system log).
It's a beautiful sight to behold for someone who cares about functionality.

If you've never seen it in action, at least take a look at the screen shots.
The way Android works with Windows is also exactly as God intended it to be.

>> That's the problem we can solve but it will take work because we need an
>> iFuse port that's working on Windows and Apple will never provide a working
>> solution for full two-way file transfer without restriction to the entire
>> visible file system which we already have for all platforms except iOS.
>
> Where is macOS?

I am forced to use a Mac less and less over the years as I substitute teach
at the local high school, which has migrated almost completely off of Apple.

The Mac is far less of an abomination than the iPad simply because it's not
nearly as crippled as the iPad is. For example, on the Mac, you _can_ run a
system-wide firewall, and on the Mac you _can_ list the apps you've
installed into a file, and on the Mac you _can_ run a graphical wi-fi
debugger, etc.

Bear in mind that I am not a Windows/Linux/Android lover as I don't claim
Windows is perfect - as it's far from that and anyone on the Windows
newsgroups knows that _all_ of us talk about M$ in deprecating terms, just
as we did when Canonical tried to pull a fast one on us with Unity.

And certainly I have posted many times that I don't use Google products on
Android (I don't even have a Google login on my Android phone, nor a Windows
login on my PCs as I don't trust either company to safeguard my data).

I wonder though... since you bring up the vaunted Mac.
How _does_ the Mac work with iOS when you plug it into the USB port?
a. Does the Mac native file explorer see the entire visible iOS file system?
b. Can you both read _and_ write to that entire visible iOS file system?
c. Over USB? (without anything else)

If so, a screenshot would be nice as I'm not afraid to compare Mac:iOS file
USB transfer functionality to Linux:iOS file USB transfer functionality.

Are you?

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 18, 2022, 11:34:39 AMJan 18
to
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:00:48 +0000, Chris wrote:

>> Where is macOS?
>
> The OP is vehemently anti-Apple so tortures himself in finding
> convoluted solutions to "problems".

Hi Chris,

I'm not afraid of facts.
That's because I'm not a child.

I'm an adult.
An intelligent adult.

An intelligent adult bases his belief system on facts, Chris.
Not pure (admittedly brilliant - but always bullshit) advertising, Chris.

Facts.
Yes. Facts.

To your point that plugging an iOS device into Linux is a "convoluted
solution", please take a look at this screenshot I just made for corvid.
<https://i.postimg.cc/g269S8rT/files13.jpg>

Notice there is a question there for the USB solution you use on the Mac.

Since you child-like Apple users almost never even click on the references
before you brazenly fabricate purely imaginary Apple functionality, I'll
repeat the relevant macOS question asked of corvid in that screenshot above.

QUESTION:
*When you plug any iOS device (not just one you happen to have registered*
*to the Apple mothership) into native Ubuntu over USB, you get instant*
*access to the _entire_ iOS visible file system (both read _and_ write).*

*How does it work when you plug the same iOS device into macOS?*
*Does macOS also turn the device visible file system into a USB stick?*

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 18, 2022, 11:43:30 AMJan 18
to
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:17:57 -0500, nospam wrote:

>> Not available on Mac.
>
> not needed for mac, or windows for that matter.

*Is the USB file transfer between macOS & iOS as beautiful as Linux:iOS is?*

This corvid, if he's not just trolling us, brought up an excellent point.
This Chris simply believes _evertyhing_ Apple fed him to believe.
And sms, bless his heart, is clueless how to make it read _and_ write.

You, nospam?
You simply endlessly fabricate imaginary functionality for Apple products.

Why do you fabricate what doesn't exist?
I don't know why.

I suspect you simply _hate_ that your vaunted iOS products are crippled.
But I do not expect the macOS to be anywhere nearly as crippled as is iOS.

Hence I ask the question that corvid kindly brought up for adults to ponder.
*Is the USB file transfer between macOS & iOS as beautiful as Linux:iOS is?*

If it is, it should take only _seconds_ for you to prove it nospam.
Oh. I forgot. You just bullshit. You can't actually _do_ anything, can you?

Here's a screenshot of how fantastic it is when you plug iOS into Linux.
<https://i.postimg.cc/g269S8rT/files13.jpg>
a. Plug iOS into the USB port of any native desktop Ubuntu & voila!
b. The entire visible file system of the iOS device turns into a USB stick.
c. Both read _and_ write! (heh, heh, if you know how)

Just as God herself had intended "smart" devices to be.

To the child-like Apple kooks Lewis, nospam and Jolly Roger...
*Show us a similar screenshot for USB file transfer on the Mac*
--
Is the USB file transfer between macOS & iOS as beautiful as Linux:iOS is?

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 18, 2022, 11:50:01 AMJan 18
to
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 05:45:42 -0800, sms wrote:

> Also note that with a non-Jailbroken iOS device, using iFuse, you can
> only mount the media directory. If your device is Jailbroken you can
> mount the entire filesystem. See
> <https://github.com/libimobiledevice/ifuse>.

Steve,
Please do not doubt the veracity of my statements.
a. I'm an adult
b. I'm an _intelligent_ adult
c. I back up my claims because my belief system is _based_ on facts

I've told you _many_ times the simple trick to _instantly_ turn the _entire_
visible file system of the iOS device into both read _and_ write over USB
when connected to Linux without any jailbreaking whatsoever involved.

How the hell do you think I do it all the time, Steve?

Stop being stupid.
Your ignorance can be cured; but unfathomable stupidity cannot be cured.

*Never say again that it's read only because it's read _and_ write, Steve.*
Without jailbreaking.

You just don't click on the references I _many times_ have provided you.
Hence you'll _remain ignorant_ (which is why you're stupid).

The fact is that it's both read _and_ write to any *non jailbroken* device.
<https://i.postimg.cc/NFkXsJ0X/files01.jpg> iOS/Win is 1-way & DCIM only
<https://i.postimg.cc/L8b18Zmx/files02.jpg> iOS "Files" does nothing useful
<https://i.postimg.cc/d3SGkdgr/files03.jpg> Android is two way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/QMk7tvZW/files04.jpg> Ubuntu is two way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/qqg61Rh8/files05.jpg> Ubuntu, movies _to_ iOS on USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/Jhmy9KH7/files06.jpg> Ubuntu uses iFuse for its magic
<https://i.postimg.cc/KjK4nHwf/files07.jpg> Ubuntu is two-way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/3xcCBngd/files08.jpg> iOS is just a dumb brick on Win
<https://i.postimg.cc/mDx3xkp4/files09.jpg> iOS only DCIM & only 1-way copy
<https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg> Android is 2-way fast over USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/cChf8mx1/files11.jpg> iOS requires hacks just to copy
<https://i.postimg.cc/pVJf72fN/files12.jpg> iOS hacks very often will fail
<https://i.postimg.cc/g269S8rT/files13.jpg> How does macOS work with iOS?

corvid

unread,
Jan 18, 2022, 10:40:25 PMJan 18
to
On 1/18/22 08:07, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> A few iPhone users probably have a Mac, and don't use Linux.
>> Really, why even stick Linux in here but exclude Mac?
> It's mighty interesting you didn't_understand_ why Linux is brought
> up.

I did.

"Note that I've tried every way possible... for all platforms except
iOS" and completely forgetting about macOS is the interesting part.

> I am forced to use a Mac less and less over the years as I substitute
> teach at the local high school,

Yeah, the kids see you jerking off during the ZOOM sessions.

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 19, 2022, 9:54:54 PMJan 19
to
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 19:40:11 -0800, corvid wrote:

> Yeah, the kids see you jerking off during the ZOOM sessions.

OBSERVATION:
Notice how the people on the child-like Apple newsgroups respond the instant
you ask them to bring up even a _single_ fact about their belief system.

*The _entire_ belief system of these people like "corvid" is fed to them.*
(They're _completely_ ignorant of how the real world works with iOS!)

FACT:
They can't defend even a _single_ statement they make... based on facts.
All these kindergarten kids like 'corvid' can do is make masturbation jokes.

ha... ha... ha...
This 'corvid' proves me right the Apple newsgroups are filled with morons.

corvid

unread,
Jan 19, 2022, 10:57:56 PMJan 19
to
On 1/19/22 18:54, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 19:40:11 -0800, corvid wrote:
>
>> Yeah, the kids see you jerking off during the ZOOM sessions.
>
> OBSERVATION: Notice how the people on the child-like Apple newsgroups
> respond the instant you ask them to bring up even a _single_ fact
> about their belief system.

Belief system?

"If so, a screenshot would be nice as I'm not afraid to compare Mac:iOS
file USB transfer functionality to Linux:iOS file USB transfer
functionality.
Are you?"

I don't even want a smartphone. But you go ahead, and base your belief
system on phones if you like.

> *The _entire_ belief system of these people like "corvid" is fed to
> them.* (They're _completely_ ignorant of how the real world works
> with iOS!)

Phones hardly matter to me, but I guess I could base a belief system
on... how about my motorcycle? It's pretty old. Air-cooled, a single
cylinder, and a carburetor. Of course there are knobs on the tires,
because that's how the real world works.

> FACT: They can't defend even a _single_ statement they make... based
> on facts. All these kindergarten kids like 'corvid' can do is make
> masturbation jokes.
>
> ha... ha... ha... This 'corvid' proves me right the Apple newsgroups
> are filled with morons.

You're weird.

corvid

unread,
Jan 20, 2022, 1:00:27 AMJan 20
to
On 1/19/22 18:54, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> ha... ha... ha... This 'corvid' proves me right the Apple newsgroups
> are filled with morons.

I'm looking at this shitbag Arlen/Andy troll from the mac.apps group,
which is filled mostly with Arlen/Andy troll crossposts from someplace else.

This "Re: Has anyone here already... " thread turned into trolling as
Arlen/Andy crossposted it to
comp.sys.mac.apps
and to
misc.phone.mobile.iphone
from
comp.sys.mac.system

Look at some of the Arlen/Andy hypocrite's last words in comp.sys.mac.system
<http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164265702700>
before crossposting:

"What I promise is:
a. If the trolls try to derail this thread, I will ignore them."

And then, the Arlen/Andy hypocrite's sig:

--
"What makes Usenet valuable is good hearted purposefully helpful people."

Arlen/Andy, can you explain why you are a trolling shitbag?

Joerg Lorenz

unread,
Jan 20, 2022, 4:09:57 AMJan 20
to
Am 20.01.22 um 04:57 schrieb corvid:
He urgently needs professional help.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

corvid

unread,
Jan 20, 2022, 4:35:24 AMJan 20
to
On 1/19/22 22:00, corvid wrote:
> On 1/19/22 18:54, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> ha... ha... ha... This 'corvid' proves me right the Apple
>> newsgroups are filled with morons.
>
> I'm looking at this shitbag Arlen/Andy troll from the mac.apps
> group, which is filled mostly with Arlen/Andy troll crossposts from
> someplace else.
>
> This "Re: Has anyone here already... " thread turned into trolling
> as Arlen/Andy crossposted it to comp.sys.mac.apps and to
> misc.phone.mobile.iphone from comp.sys.mac.system
>
> Look at some of the Arlen/Andy hypocrite's last words in
> comp.sys.mac.system <http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164265702700>
> before crossposting:
>
> "What I promise is: a. If the trolls try to derail this thread, I
> will ignore them."

Really, Arlen! You're the one who derailed this thread. Let's go over
this some more.

"If I ever do come up with a solution, it will be in following someone
else's footsteps, but what I can do is write up a tutorial so others can
follow me."

((Oh, Arlen! Andy! We will follow you!))

--
"What makes Usenet valuable is good hearted purposefully helpful people."

((Oh, good hearted Arlen!))

Your next post (strangely a reply to your own) was crossposted here.
With that phony helpful act snipped.

"Many people on the child-like Apple newsgroups instinctively bullshit
(which is easily proven by the fact the Apple kooks... "

>
> Arlen/Andy, can you explain why you are a trolling shitbag?

Hmm?

corvid

unread,
Jan 20, 2022, 1:06:37 PMJan 20
to
"If this question has _zero_ responses, that's OK.
It just means nobody knows more than I do - and that's fine."

So humble, while setting up an opportunity to flatter himself. He's a
master at this. Wow!

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 22, 2022, 1:50:38 PMJan 22
to
On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:57:49 -0800, corvid wrote:

> I don't even want a smartphone. But you go ahead, and base your belief
> system on phones if you like.

Unlike this kindergarten "corvid" (who is in actuality a nym of one of the
other iKooks like Jolly Roger or Lewis or even "Marilyn" on other ngs), I
base my statements on provable valid facts such as these on my own devices.

The Apple kooks are _desperate_ to derail this thread from the SUBJECT.
Those iKooks have no interest whatsoever in solving the problem set.

The goal here is to do with iOS what _every_ other platform already does.
*Transfer files both ways over USB to/from the device visible file system*

1. Android instantly does it <https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg>
2. So does Linux instantly do it <https://i.postimg.cc/s2x0f9Js/files14.jpg>
3. Even Apple iPods do it <https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>
4. iOS? <the only known possible solution is an iFuse port on Windows>

The USB file xfer goal can be resolved by finding an iFuse port for Windows.
The only known possible solution is to find someone who knows iFuse better.
--
The only known solution is iFuse on Windows (but we can't find a port).

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 22, 2022, 1:53:10 PMJan 22
to
On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 10:09:54 +0100, Joerg Lorenz wrote:

> He urgently needs professional help.

This is one of the rare moments where Joerg is correct that we need someone
who knows how to port iFuse who is a professional developer of PC tools.

Bear in mind, USB file xfer works for all platforms _except_ for iOS:
1. Android does it <https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg>
2. So does Linux <https://i.postimg.cc/s2x0f9Js/files14.jpg>
3. Even Apple iPods do it <https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>
4. iOS? <the only known possible solution is an iFuse port on Windows>

Hence, Joerg is _correct_ we need a professional developer's experience.
The USB file xfer goal can be resolved by finding an iFuse expert.
--
The only known solution is iFuse on Windows (but we can't yet find a port).

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 22, 2022, 1:57:01 PMJan 22
to
On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 10:06:34 -0800, corvid wrote:

> "If this question has _zero_ responses, that's OK.

It's interesting how _desperate_ the iKooks are to derail the question.

The fact remains it's _only_ iOS that can't (yet) do this simple task:
1. All my Android devices do it
<https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg>
2. My Linux dual boot with Windows works with all my iOS devices too
<https://i.postimg.cc/s2x0f9Js/files14.jpg>
3. Even all my Apple iPods easily xfer files both ways without iTunes
<https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>
4. iOS?
<the only known possible solution is an iFuse port on Windows>

What we don't need is the "barely rudimentary" Windows iTunes clusterfuck.
What we need is an expert in how to port the already working iFuse to a PC.
--
The only known solution is Windows iFuse (but we haven't found a port yet)

corvid

unread,
Jan 22, 2022, 10:10:47 PMJan 22
to
On 1/22/22 10:50, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> The Apple kooks are_desperate_ to derail this

But they know Andy's little choo-choo just goes around and around.

Jolly Roger

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 9:19:37 AMJan 23
to
His broken record knows no bounds.

--
E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my ravenous SPAM filter.
I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.

JR

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 11:37:49 AMJan 23
to
On 23 Jan 2022 14:19:33 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> The Apple kooks are_desperate_ to derail this
>>
>> But they know Andy's little choo-choo just goes around and around.
>
> His broken record knows no bounds.

Notice the Apple iKooks have no _adult_ response to the basic facts.

a. Jolly Roger brazenly claimed fabricated imaginary functionality.
b. When asked to back up his brazen fabrications with fact like an adult...
c. Jolly Roger _instantly_ resorted to childish kindergarten insults.

It's how these iKooks mentally process all facts they _hate_ about Apple.

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 12:14:11 PMJan 23
to
On 23 Jan 2022 14:31:58 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

>> Where is two-way USB file transfer to and from the iOS visible file system?
>
> Here's how to effortlessly transfer files from Windows to apps on Apple
> devices (and vice versa), which Arlen claims it "iMpOsSiBlE!1!":
>
> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301>

These iKooks are _desperate_ to deflect the technical point from the SUBJECT
*Read _&_ write to the entire visible file system of both devices over USB*

Time and again, it's clear they didn't even _read_ their own links!

This is the _first_ sentence of that link, for example:
"Instead of File Sharing, consider using iCloud Drive, Handoff, or AirDrop
to keep your documents up to date across all of your devices."

Why do you _think_ Apple says that?
HINT: Apple _knows_ iTunes' USB file sharing is merely "barely rudimentary".

Despite the iKooks being _desperate_ to derail this thread (which we easily
predicted they would do in the opening post), the salient facts remain:

1. Android works out of the box <https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg>
2. So does Linux out of the box <https://i.postimg.cc/s2x0f9Js/files14.jpg>
3. Even Apple iPods do it <https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>
4. iOS? <the only known possible solution is an iFuse port on Windows>

The USB file xfer goal can be resolved by finding an iFuse port for Windows.
I'm _not_ a developer and I don't have _any_ experience compiling iFuse.

Hence this question of people who are better at such things than I am.
I can follow in your footsteps (as I try every viable solution proposed).

Is there anyone here who knows iFuse better than I do that can help us?

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 12:33:30 PMJan 23
to
On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 23:40:00 -0500, nospam wrote:

> he's clearly never used itunes,

What's always the case with these iKooks is they just make everything up.
Look at this screenshot: <https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>

What do you think happens to that _fantastic_ two-way file copy to and from
the _entire visible file system_ of the iPod & Windows... ... ...
What do you think happens, nospam....
What happens...
What happens...
*What happens the _instant_ iTunes is installed?*

Tell us, nospam.
What happens to that functionality the instant iTunes is installed?

Tell us.
(HINT: I know because I certainly know that iTunes _removes_ functionality!)


Note to adults only:
a. I'm aware how very odd that sounds that iTunes _removes_ functionality.
b. But try it and you'll see _exactly_ that (odd as it would seem).
c. A question might be _why_ does Apple have iTunes remove functionality?

Why does Apple write iTunes to _remove_ that functionality?
I don't know why.

All I know is that the instant you add iTunes to Windows, you can no longer
just slide your media files back and forth (read _and_ write) to the entire
visible file system of _any_ iPod (not just your iPod - but _any_ iPod).
a. You can't use any iPod
b. You can't slide files back and forth

Why does iTunes destroy that functionality the _instant_ you install it?
I don't know why.

Ask the iKooks why.
(Note: Ask the iKooks how they can claim I've never used iTunes by the way.)

>> If iTunes was so great, Jolly Roger, why did Apple summarily drop it whole?
> on windows, it's alive and well.

Tell us nospam why iTunes (and its concomittent bloatware) has huge
vulnerabilities that are in the iTunes Windows versions for 8 years, nospam?

>> The goal here is to do with iOS what _every_ other platform already does.
>
> it very easily does that.
>
> only you are having problems, which means the limitation is not the
> operating system, the hardware or the company who made it.

The adults will notice that the iKooks claim they can do what _nobody_ else
can do, which is a brazen fabrication which they _never_ back up with facts.

Since I'm an adult, here are facts that I can do what I claim I can do:
<https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg> itunes removes functionality
<https://i.postimg.cc/NFkXsJ0X/files01.jpg> iOS/Win is 1-way & DCIM only
<https://i.postimg.cc/L8b18Zmx/files02.jpg> iOS "Files" does nothing useful
<https://i.postimg.cc/d3SGkdgr/files03.jpg> Android is two way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/QMk7tvZW/files04.jpg> Ubuntu is two way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/qqg61Rh8/files05.jpg> Ubuntu, movies _to_ iOS on USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/Jhmy9KH7/files06.jpg> Ubuntu uses iFuse for its magic
<https://i.postimg.cc/KjK4nHwf/files07.jpg> Ubuntu is two-way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/3xcCBngd/files08.jpg> iOS is just a dumb brick on Win
<https://i.postimg.cc/mDx3xkp4/files09.jpg> iOS only DCIM & only 1-way copy
<https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg> Android is 2-way fast over USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/cChf8mx1/files11.jpg> iOS requires hacks just to copy
<https://i.postimg.cc/pVJf72fN/files12.jpg> iOS hacks very often will fail
<https://i.postimg.cc/g269S8rT/files13.jpg> How does macOS work with iOS?
<https://i.postimg.cc/s2x0f9Js/files14.jpg> Simultaneous linux, win10 & iOS

Adults will notice the iKooks are _desperate_ to claim functionality that
doesn't exist - where Frank Slootweg became exasperated these iKooks _never_
can back up _any_ of their brazenly fabricated imaginary functionality.

Why are the iKooks so _desperate_ to deflect this technical thread?
I don't know why.
I just know that I can predict a decade in advance what they do.

Nonetheless, the goal remains to obtain for iOS the same functionality we
already have for all other platforms except for iOS (even iPods!)

The USB file xfer goal can be resolved by finding an iFuse port for Windows.
I'm _not_ a developer and I don't have _any_ experience compiling iFuse.

Hence the answer will be from those who are better at such things than I.
I will follow in your footsteps (as I try every viable solution proposed).

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 12:55:49 PMJan 23
to
On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:25:59 -0500, nospam wrote:

> as i said numerous times, copying some content does not require
> additional software while other content does. for the latter, install
> whatever software is needed, copy the content and get on with life.

The iKooks _hate_ that goal is so very simple & yet they can't ever do it.
*Read _&_ write to the entire visible file system of both devices over USB*

There's no mention of "out of the box" even though it's clear both Linux and
Android do it "out of the box".

Notice the iPod does _not_ do it out of the box, but with free software it
_does_ do it; so there's no need for "out of the box" at all.
<https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>

What is needed is a universal solution that works for everyone, which means
all the software needs to be is free and it needs to do the job asked of it.

But that's too much for these iKooks to comprehend.
*_What_? Free file copy? To and from the visible file system?*

That's apparently far too much functionality to ask of iTunes or Files apps.

The goal is too great.
In fact, the iKooks claimed that's an "artificial" goal.
Why?

> never have i seen people make such a big deal about copying stuff.

It's _you_ iKooks who are brazenly fabricating imaginary functionality.
Not us.

We back up our claims.
1. Android works out of the box <https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg>
2. So does Linux out of the box <https://i.postimg.cc/s2x0f9Js/files14.jpg>
3. Even Apple iPods do it <https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>
4. iOS? <the only known possible solution is an iFuse port on Windows>

You are the one who _hates_ that last line and who is making a big deal
by brazenly fabricating functionality for that last line that doesn't exist.

Not us.
We just want to solve that problem which Apple created.

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 1:03:21 PMJan 23
to
On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:25:59 -0500, nospam wrote:

> as i said numerous times, copying some content does not require
> additional software while other content does. for the latter, install
> whatever software is needed, copy the content and get on with life.

The iKooks _hate_ that goal is so very simple & yet they can't ever do it.
*Read _&_ write to the entire visible file system of both devices over USB*

There's no mention of "out of the box" even though it's clear both Linux and
Android do it "out of the box".

Notice the iPod does _not_ do it out of the box, but with free software it
_does_ do it; so there's no need for "out of the box" at all.
<https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>

What is needed is a universal solution that works for everyone, which means
all the software needs to be is free and it needs to do the job asked of it.

But that's too much for these iKooks to comprehend.
*_What_? Free file copy? To and from the visible file system?*

That's apparently far too much functionality to ask of iTunes or Files apps.

The goal is too great.
In fact, the iKooks claimed that's an "artificial" goal.
Why?

> never have i seen people make such a big deal about copying stuff.

It's _you_ iKooks who are brazenly fabricating imaginary functionality.
Not us.

We back up our claims.
1. Android works out of the box <https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg>
2. So does Linux out of the box <https://i.postimg.cc/s2x0f9Js/files14.jpg>
3. Even Apple iPods do it <https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>
4. iOS? <the only known possible solution is an iFuse port on Windows>

Jolly Roger

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 6:41:08 PMJan 24
to
On 2022-01-23, Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2022 14:31:58 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> Where is two-way USB file transfer to and from the iOS visible file system?
>>
>> Here's how to effortlessly transfer files from Windows to apps on Apple
>> devices (and vice versa), which Arlen claims it "iMpOsSiBlE!1!":
>>
>> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301>
>
> This is the _first_ sentence of that link, for example:
> "Instead of File Sharing, consider using iCloud Drive, Handoff, or
> AirDrop to keep your documents up to date across all of your
> devices."

Poor little Arlen can't get past sentence one. Yet the rest of the
document gives simple steps showing how to do two-way file transfers to
and from apps on iOS devices and your Windows computer:

See which of your iOS and iPadOS apps can share files with your computer
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer using the
USB cable that came with your device.
3. Click your device in iTunes.
4. In the left sidebar, click File Sharing.
5. Select an app to see which files are available for sharing in that
app on your device.

Copy files from your computer to your iOS or iPadOS app
1. In iTunes, select the app from the list in the File Sharing section.
2. Drag and drop files from a folder or window onto the Documents list
to copy them to your device. You can also click Add in the Documents
list in iTunes, find the file or files you want to copy from your
computer, and then click Add. iTunes copies these files to the app on
your device.

Copy files from an iOS or iPadOS app to your computer
1. In iTunes, select the app from the list in the File Sharing section.
2. Drag and drop files from the Documents list to a folder or window on
your computer to copy them to your computer. You can also select the
file or files that you want to copy to your computer from the Documents
list and click "Save" then find the folder on your computer to which you
want to copy the files and click Save.

Why do you think Arlen ignores the rest of the document and focuses only
on single sentence?

> Why do you _think_ Apple says that?
> "Instead of File Sharing, consider using iCloud Drive, Handoff, or
> AirDrop to keep your documents up to date across all of your
> devices."

Because those methods are actually even easier than fumbling around with
a cable, hooking your "mobile" device to it, connecting the other end to
your computer, and opening a window to manually transfer files. But we
get it, Arlen: you *hate* easy and elegant file transfer methods with a
passion, especially when they are contrasted with the cumbersome
methods. : )

corvid

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 9:09:11 PMJan 24
to
On 1/24/22 15:41, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2022-01-23, Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>> Where is two-way USB file transfer to and from the iOS visible
>>>> file system?

>> "Instead of File Sharing, consider using iCloud Drive, Handoff, or
>> AirDrop to keep your documents up to date across all of your
>> devices."


A USB cable does nothing with my flip-phone except charge it. I've used
bluetooth a few times to get pictures off my phone. Would bluetooth help
Orlon with his problem-set?

Jolly Roger

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 10:51:57 PMJan 24
to
Wireless transfers are far too advanced and nowhere near cumbersome
enough. It absolutely *must* be done over a USB cable. Sorry. You've
"lost" his little game. Thanks for playing.

Lewis

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 3:27:30 AMJan 25
to
Nothing will help him with his problems other than medical intervention.


--
Eliot: We'll figure it out. We always do.
Margo: When it's a test to cheat on. Not when we're stuck in some epic fantasy
that likes to behead heroes halfway through season one. If we even are
heroes. We might be comic relief.

John Doe

unread,
Jun 23, 2022, 3:04:33 AMJun 23
to
This nym-shifting troll insulting people,
constantly proving why it must nym-shift...

see also...
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=b6rvid?= <bl ckbirds.org>
=?UTF-8?B?8J+QriBDb3dzIGFyZSBOaWNlIPCfkK4=?= <nice cows.moo>
Banders <snap mailchute.com>
Covid-19 <always.look message.header>
corvid <bl ckb.ird>
Corvid <bl ckbirds.net>
Corvid <bl ckbirds.org>
Cows Are Nice <cows nice.moo>
Cows are nice <moo cows.org>
Cows are Nice <nice cows.moo>
dogs <dogs home.com>
Great Pumpkin <pumpkin patch.net>
Jose Curvo <jcurvo mymail.com>
Local Favorite <how2recycle palomar.info>
Sea <freshness coast.org>
Standard Poodle <standard poodle.com>
triangles <build home.com>
and others...

--
corvid <b...@ckb.ird> wrote:

> Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!aioe.org!xUOiStaTX9GQDNXPji0+sg.user.46.165.242.75.POSTED!not-for-mail
> From: corvid <b...@ckb.ird>
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
> Subject: Re: Has anyone here already run a Linux iFuse (libimobiledevice) port on Windows?
> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 19:40:11 -0800
> Organization: The 27 Club
> Message-ID: <ss816s$tsh$1...@gioia.aioe.org>
> References: <ss2tvd$1af87$1...@news.mixmin.net> <170120220858508469%nos...@nospam.invalid> <ss4c0o$d4j$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <ss59nd$mua$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <ss5gvl$qpa$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <ss6ok6$ds8$1...@gioia.aioe.org>
> Mime-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Injection-Info: gioia.aioe.org; logging-data="30609"; posting-host="xUOiStaTX9GQDNXPji0+sg.user.gioia.aioe.org"; mail-complaints-to="ab...@aioe.org";
> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/91.5.0
> Content-Language: en-US
> X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2
> Xref: reader02.eternal-september.org comp.sys.mac.system:190496 comp.sys.mac.apps:72884 misc.phone.mobile.iphone:157742

Edward Hernandez

unread,
Jun 23, 2022, 3:05:17 AMJun 23
to
John Doe stated the following in message-id <svsh05$lbh$5...@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
> except insults to this group.

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to
USENET (**) has been 64.2% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at
least 2197 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and
1235 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4...@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1...@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has continued to post incorrectly
formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:04:30 -0000 (UTC) in message-id
<t9139u$v2f$3...@dont-email.me>).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
readers who happen by to point out that Troll Doe does not even follow
the rules it uses to troll other posters.

pc+AZUXQ0+Es

John Doe

unread,
Jun 23, 2022, 3:08:48 AMJun 23
to
This nym-shifting troll pretending it's gunna analyze something...
That's very funny.
> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 01:35:17 -0800
> Organization: The 27 Club
> Message-ID: <ssbacm$7im$1...@gioia.aioe.org>
> References: <ss2tvd$1af87$1...@news.mixmin.net> <170120220858508469%nos...@nospam.invalid> <ss4c0o$d4j$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <ss59nd$mua$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <ss5gvl$qpa$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <ss6ok6$ds8$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <ss816s$tsh$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <ssaitr$9ro$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <ssatp3$1ct9$1...@gioia.aioe.org>
> Mime-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Injection-Info: gioia.aioe.org; logging-data="7766"; posting-host="xUOiStaTX9GQDNXPji0+sg.user.gioia.aioe.org"; mail-complaints-to="ab...@aioe.org";
> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/91.5.0
> X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2
> Content-Language: en-US
> Xref: reader02.eternal-september.org comp.sys.mac.system:190504 comp.sys.mac.apps:72889 misc.phone.mobile.iphone:157803

Edward Hernandez

unread,
Jun 23, 2022, 3:13:40 AMJun 23
to
Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
<svsh05$lbh$5...@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
> except insults to this group.

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe's post ratio
to USENET (**) has been 64.3% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe has posted at
least 2199 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and
1237 have been Troll Doe "troll format" postings.

The John Dope troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4...@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Dope troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1...@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Dope troll has itself posted yet another
incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:08:45 -0000
(UTC) in message-id <t913hs$v2f$4...@dont-email.me>.

jIGoRa4h5el+

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages