Does Mac OS X have a disable startup opiton like Windows' msconfig.exe?

Ant

Aug 30, 2015, 6:28:15 PM8/30/15
Hello.

Does Mac OS X come with a software, like Windows' msconfig.exe, to
manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?
Basically, I want to do clean boot ups and trying to figure out what is
causing the hang (probably a software conflict). I found my user
account's login items, but that removes and I have to remember what to
readd back manually. :(

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "... Alice's honesty felt like fire ants on his
skin..." --Dilbert's 7/12/2015 comic strip's panel #4

Davoud

Aug 30, 2015, 7:18:22 PM8/30/15
Ant:

> Hello.
>
> Does Mac OS X come with a software... to
> manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?

System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Requires an
administrator password.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

he...@att.net

Aug 30, 2015, 8:13:06 PM8/30/15

In article <300820151918219134%st...@sky.net>, Davoud <st...@sky.net>
wrote:

> Ant:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > Does Mac OS X come with a software... to
> > manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?
>
> System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Requires an
> administrator password.

Just hold down the shift key at startup all your login items will not
load.

Jolly Roger

Aug 30, 2015, 9:11:34 PM8/30/15
On 2015-08-30, Ant <ANT...@zimage.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Does Mac OS X come with a software, like Windows' msconfig.exe, to
> manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?

Most of the boot options for OS X can be done by holding down different
combinations of keys on the keyboard during startup. There are more
technical things you can do with command-line tools; but most people
don't need to to that kind of thing:

<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255>

> Basically, I want to do clean boot ups and trying to figure out what is
> causing the hang (probably a software conflict).

"The hang"? What are the symptoms? Are you referring to the Messages
application hanging?

> I found my user account's login items, but that removes and I have to
> remember what to readd back manually. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

There's no need to manually remove and add login items. To prevent login
items from starting during login, you can temporarily disable login
items by holding down the Shift key during login.

To prevent third-party launch daemons and so on from loading during
boot, you can boot into safe mode by shutting down the computer and
holding down the Shift key during startup:

<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262>

JR

Jolly Roger

Aug 30, 2015, 9:12:28 PM8/30/15
On 2015-08-31, <he...@att.net> <he...@att.net> wrote:

> Just hold down the shift key at startup all your login items will not
> load.

At *login*, yes. If you hold the Shift key at *startup*, you will boot
into safe mode.

J Burns

Aug 30, 2015, 9:17:36 PM8/30/15
On 8/30/15 6:28 PM, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Does Mac OS X come with a software, like Windows' msconfig.exe, to
> manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?
> Basically, I want to do clean boot ups and trying to figure out what is
> causing the hang (probably a software conflict). I found my user
> account's login items, but that removes and I have to remember what to
> readd back manually. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

If you want to eliminate them one by one, you can make a screen shot. In
addition, there may be Launch Agents, Launch Daemons, and Startup Items
for the whole system in your Library. There may be Launch Agents in
your User Library.

Your Name

Aug 30, 2015, 9:21:16 PM8/30/15
In article <ae6dne2tyNfgHn7I...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<ANT...@zimage.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Does Mac OS X come with a software, like Windows' msconfig.exe, to
> manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?

Please don't play with any of the hidden configuration files. You can
easily turn your computer into an expensive paper weight unless you
know EXACTLY what you're doing.

> Basically, I want to do clean boot ups and trying to figure out what is
> causing the hang (probably a software conflict). I found my user
> account's login items, but that removes and I have to remember what to
> readd back manually. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

You can also turn on and off some of the startup apps and add-ons in
the System Preferences, but that doesn't necessarily show all the apps
/ add-ons. Removing and adding those is the usual way to find begin
finding a startup conflict.

There's Safe Boot (hold down the Shift key while booting), but that
only loads the actual Mac OS safe software needed to do further
troubleshooting. It does not load any other extra apps / add-ons.

You can create a new user account, which will only include the
"default" startup software ... but that default may include
non-standard stuff if it was installed for "all users" (when given the
option).

JF Mezei

Aug 30, 2015, 9:54:33 PM8/30/15
On 15-08-30 18:28, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Does Mac OS X come with a software, like Windows' msconfig.exe, to
> manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?

You can try the application "Lingon" which lets you edit .plist files
used to start applications in the ~/Library/LaunchAgents (specific to
you) and /Library/LaunchAgents (applies to all users).

You can add/change a flag to disable that plist.
Disabled <boolean>

( from command line "man launchd.plist" to get all the possible
key/values for those types of plist files).

However, the LaunchDeamons do not include all possible ways to auto
launch stuff at login. I have a few apps that are launched and I don't
know where from. (for instance smfFanControl is not on those plists).

A totally different way to tackle your problem is to use the Console.App
to look at the log of when your system boots and when you login to see
if any specific app causes a problem.

for instance, login normally. power off when system hung (wait a minute
or two to make sure log entries are written to disk). Reboot, login in
safe mode, go to the Console.App and look at what happened just before
the reboot started.

J Burns

Aug 30, 2015, 10:14:37 PM8/30/15
On 8/30/15 9:54 PM, JF Mezei wrote:
> However, the LaunchDeamons do not include all possible ways to auto
> launch stuff at login. I have a few apps that are launched and I don't
> know where from. (for instance smfFanControl is not on those plists).

If smcFanControl is the same thing, it's in the login items for my
account in System Preferences. I wish they all worked that way!

Ant

Aug 31, 2015, 1:53:22 AM8/31/15
> > > Does Mac OS X come with a software... to
> > > manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?
> >
> > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Requires an
> > administrator password.

> Just hold down the shift key at startup all your login items will not
> load.

How about only a few items not to load and not load?

Ant

Aug 31, 2015, 1:54:08 AM8/31/15
In comp.sys.mac.apps Davoud <st...@sky.net> wrote:
> Ant:

> > Hello.
> >
> > Does Mac OS X come with a software... to
> > manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?

> System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Requires an
> administrator password.

Right. When I remove them, I can't get them back?

Ant

Aug 31, 2015, 1:57:49 AM8/31/15
Thanks. I'll try these and yes to Messages! Someone suggested I have
software conflicts. I want to see if it happens with clean boots. :/

> Most of the boot options for OS X can be done by holding down different
> combinations of keys on the keyboard during startup. There are more
> technical things you can do with command-line tools; but most people
> don't need to to that kind of thing:

> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255>

> > Basically, I want to do clean boot ups and trying to figure out what is
> > causing the hang (probably a software conflict).

> "The hang"? What are the symptoms? Are you referring to the Messages
> application hanging?

> > I found my user account's login items, but that removes and I have to
> > remember what to readd back manually. :(
> >
> > Thank you in advance. :)

> There's no need to manually remove and add login items. To prevent login
> items from starting during login, you can temporarily disable login
> items by holding down the Shift key during login.

> To prevent third-party launch daemons and so on from loading during
> boot, you can boot into safe mode by shutting down the computer and
> holding down the Shift key during startup:

> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262>

Ant

Aug 31, 2015, 1:59:19 AM8/31/15
Thanks. That's a bummer that Mac OS X doesn't have a Windows'
msconfig.exe method type. It's nice just to uncheck and check items.

Your Name

Aug 31, 2015, 2:25:35 AM8/31/15
In article <oa6dneH8jcljdn7I...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<ANT...@zimage.com> wrote:
> In comp.sys.mac.apps Davoud <st...@sky.net> wrote:
> > Ant:
> > >
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > Does Mac OS X come with a software... to
> > > manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?
> >
> > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Requires an
> > administrator password.
>
> Right. When I remove them, I can't get them back?

You can add them back ... as long as you know where they came from in
the first place (or simply re-install whatever software they were part
of).

Davoud

Aug 31, 2015, 9:25:33 AM8/31/15
Ant:
> > > Does Mac OS X come with a software... to
> > > manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?

Davoud:
> > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Requires an
> > administrator password.

Ant:
> Right. When I remove them, I can't get them back?

Of course you can. Make a screen capture of the list of login items so
that you will remember what you started with. Note that below the list
there are both "plus" and "minus" symbols. Use the "minus" button to
remove an item from the list and click the "plus" symbol to add or
restore an item to the list.

Davoud

Aug 31, 2015, 9:27:07 AM8/31/15
Ant:
> How about only a few items not to load and not load?

System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Remove one or a few
or all. Restore one or a few or all.

Davoud

Aug 31, 2015, 9:29:13 AM8/31/15
Ant:
> Thanks. That's a bummer that Mac OS X doesn't have a Windows'
> msconfig.exe method type. It's nice just to uncheck and check items.

Sheesh! System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Click to
remove, click and select to restore. Are you having difficulty
understanding the "plus" and "minus" buttons?

Barry Margolin

Aug 31, 2015, 10:43:26 AM8/31/15
In article <oa6dneP8jcmpcH7I...@earthlink.com>,
ANT...@zimage.com (Ant) wrote:

> Thanks. That's a bummer that Mac OS X doesn't have a Windows'
> msconfig.exe method type. It's nice just to uncheck and check items.

Anyone else whistfully remembering Conflict Catcher from the pre-OSX
days?

In addition to being able to check and uncheck all kinds of extensions
and startup items, it had a mode where it would automatically reboot the
system repeatedly with different subsets of extensions enabled, and ask
you if the problem you're trying to diagnose still exists, so it could
eventually narrow down the set of conflicting extensions.

Conflicting extensions tend to be less of a problem in the design of OS
X, so a utility like this isn't really needed.

--
Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

J Burns

Aug 31, 2015, 1:10:05 PM8/31/15
On 8/31/15 10:43 AM, Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <oa6dneP8jcmpcH7I...@earthlink.com>,
> ANT...@zimage.com (Ant) wrote:
>
>> Thanks. That's a bummer that Mac OS X doesn't have a Windows'
>> msconfig.exe method type. It's nice just to uncheck and check items.
>
> Anyone else whistfully remembering Conflict Catcher from the pre-OSX
> days?

Yes.

> In addition to being able to check and uncheck all kinds of extensions
> and startup items, it had a mode where it would automatically reboot the
> system repeatedly with different subsets of extensions enabled, and ask
> you if the problem you're trying to diagnose still exists, so it could
> eventually narrow down the set of conflicting extensions.
>
> Conflicting extensions tend to be less of a problem in the design of OS
> X, so a utility like this isn't really needed.

<http://www.cnet.com/news/mouse-input-temporarily-freezing-after-updating-os-x/>
Topher Kessler explains how to unload the launch agents and launch
daemons in the main library, then load them one after another for
troubleshooting.

Barry Margolin

Aug 31, 2015, 5:02:20 PM8/31/15
In article <slrnmu9ff4....@amelia.local>,
Lewis <g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> In message <barmar-59B3AB....@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>
> Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> > In article <oa6dneP8jcmpcH7I...@earthlink.com>,
> > ANT...@zimage.com (Ant) wrote:
>
> >> Thanks. That's a bummer that Mac OS X doesn't have a Windows'
> >> msconfig.exe method type. It's nice just to uncheck and check items.
>
> > Anyone else whistfully remembering Conflict Catcher from the pre-OSX
> > days?
>
> Hell no.
>
> Every day I live is a day further away from fucking conflict catcher.
>
> Not that I disliked the software, it was brilliant. It was the fact that
> it needed to exist. Ugh. Conflict Catcher is the primary reason I ended
> up moving to OS X as soon as 10.0 came out. (earlier, technically, as I
> ran the PB before that).

Of course. But if the OS needs it, it's great to have it.

Ian Hartley

Aug 31, 2015, 6:23:31 PM8/31/15
On 30/08/2015 23:28, Ant wrote:
> Does Mac OS X come with a software, like Windows' msconfig.exe, to
> manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?

hi

There is Startupizer in the app store, the lite version is free.

Ian

JF Mezei

Aug 31, 2015, 7:45:01 PM8/31/15
On 15-08-31 17:38, Lewis wrote:

> OS X doesn't need it.

I think it would be a nice addition if the login items could be disabled
on a one by one basis. This is especially true if the list of those
items is deep inside a preference pane instead of a bunch of aliases in
a folder. (in later case, you can just move an item of the "real" folder
and into a "disabled" folder and move it back). You can't do that if the
list of items is in a .plist or some other file.

There are also items in the LaunchAgents where there are individual
files for each, and while those can be moved in and out of the folder,
their names are often not obvious on what they do. (not the
application's name as it is known to the user).

Ant

Sep 1, 2015, 5:41:45 PM9/1/15
> > How about only a few items not to load and not load?

> System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Remove one or a few
> or all. Restore one or a few or all.

OK, but readding apps is a pain since they are deleted. Couldn't Mac OS
X just temporarily disable them in the list? People have to write down
what apps were on the list to readd later? Windows' msconfig.exe kept
them in the list, just disabled to be easy to re-enable later on.

Ant

Sep 1, 2015, 5:42:27 PM9/1/15

> > > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Requires an
> > > administrator password.
> >
> > Right. When I remove them, I can't get them back?

> You can add them back ... as long as you know where they came from in
> the first place (or simply re-install whatever software they were part
> of).

Yeah, see that's annoying. Apple should just disable them and not remove
from the list.

Ant

Sep 1, 2015, 5:47:01 PM9/1/15

> > > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Requires an
> > > administrator password.
> >
> > Right. When I remove them, I can't get them back?

> Not directly. You have to make note of the app you're removing, then
> add it back. There's no "disable" for login items. Remove them and add
> them back. Those are your options.

Ah thanks. Apple needs to make a temporary disable option to leave them
in the list to make this easier. Bah!

Ant

Sep 1, 2015, 5:49:00 PM9/1/15

> Davoud:
> > > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Requires an
> > > administrator password.

> Ant:
> > Right. When I remove them, I can't get them back?

> Of course you can. Make a screen capture of the list of login items so
> that you will remember what you started with. Note that below the list
> there are both "plus" and "minus" symbols. Use the "minus" button to
> remove an item from the list and click the "plus" symbol to add or
> restore an item to the list.

Apple should provide an easier way to do that like keep them in the
list for temporary disabled status.

Ant

Sep 1, 2015, 5:49:54 PM9/1/15
> > Thanks. That's a bummer that Mac OS X doesn't have a Windows'
> > msconfig.exe method type. It's nice just to uncheck and check items.

> Sheesh! System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Click to
> remove, click and select to restore. Are you having difficulty
> understanding the "plus" and "minus" buttons?

I know that. After removing them, adding them back manually each app one
by one is a pain.

Ant

Sep 1, 2015, 5:52:06 PM9/1/15
Exactly. It would be useful for diagnostics.

Ant

Sep 1, 2015, 5:53:02 PM9/1/15
> > Does Mac OS X come with a software, like Windows' msconfig.exe,

> No.

> > manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?
> > Basically, I want to do clean boot ups and trying to figure out what is
> > causing the hang (probably a software conflict). I found my user
> > account's login items, but that removes and I have to remember what to
> > readd back manually. :(

> Shift boot.

> <https://www.google.com/search?q=os%20x%20shift%20boot>

Yeah, but that's safe mode. I just wanted to temporarily disable some
startup items selectively and easily.

Ant

Sep 1, 2015, 5:54:46 PM9/1/15
> > Does Mac OS X come with a software, like Windows' msconfig.exe, to
> > manually disable and enable startup options like software to load?

> hi

> There is Startupizer in the app store, the lite version is free.

> Ian

Ooh, that looks like a good app. Thanks. :)

Jolly Roger

Sep 1, 2015, 8:37:09 PM9/1/15
On 2015-09-01, Ant <ANT...@zimage.com> wrote:

>> > Right. When I remove them, I can't get them back?
>
>> Not directly. You have to make note of the app you're removing, then
>> add it back. There's no "disable" for login items. Remove them and add
>> them back. Those are your options.
>
> Ah thanks. Apple needs to make a temporary disable option to leave them
> in the list to make this easier. Bah!

Tell them:

<http://apple.com/feedback>

JR

FPP

Sep 1, 2015, 8:53:17 PM9/1/15
On 2015-08-31 10:43:24 -0400, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> said:

> In article <oa6dneP8jcmpcH7I...@earthlink.com>,
> ANT...@zimage.com (Ant) wrote:
>
>> Thanks. That's a bummer that Mac OS X doesn't have a Windows'
>> msconfig.exe method type. It's nice just to uncheck and check items.
>
> Anyone else whistfully remembering Conflict Catcher from the pre-OSX
> days?
>
> In addition to being able to check and uncheck all kinds of extensions
> and startup items, it had a mode where it would automatically reboot the
> system repeatedly with different subsets of extensions enabled, and ask
> you if the problem you're trying to diagnose still exists, so it could
> eventually narrow down the set of conflicting extensions.
>
> Conflicting extensions tend to be less of a problem in the design of OS
> X, so a utility like this isn't really needed.

I miss CC... but I don't miss the NEED for CC...
--
Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to
yours. -Yogi Berra

J Burns

Sep 2, 2015, 12:00:53 AM9/2/15
On 8/31/15 10:43 AM, Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <oa6dneP8jcmpcH7I...@earthlink.com>,
> ANT...@zimage.com (Ant) wrote:
>
>> Thanks. That's a bummer that Mac OS X doesn't have a Windows'
>> msconfig.exe method type. It's nice just to uncheck and check items.
>
> Anyone else whistfully remembering Conflict Catcher from the pre-OSX
> days?
>
> In addition to being able to check and uncheck all kinds of extensions
> and startup items, it had a mode where it would automatically reboot the
> system repeatedly with different subsets of extensions enabled, and ask
> you if the problem you're trying to diagnose still exists, so it could
> eventually narrow down the set of conflicting extensions.
>
> Conflicting extensions tend to be less of a problem in the design of OS
> X, so a utility like this isn't really needed.

I'm foggy, but I seem to recall having different sets of extensions
because my Mac performed better with only the extensions I needed for
what I'd be doing. I don't remember if I used Conflict Catcher to
change between sets.

Patty Winter

Sep 2, 2015, 12:20:03 AM9/2/15

In article <yt-dnS6KX7MKhnvI...@earthlink.com>,
Ant <ANT...@zimage.com> wrote:

[previous attribution missing]

>> System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Remove one or a few
>> or all. Restore one or a few or all.
>
>OK, but readding apps is a pain since they are deleted. Couldn't Mac OS
>X just temporarily disable them in the list? People have to write down
>what apps were on the list to readd later?

No, you don't have to write them down. Just take a screen shot, as
other people here have suggested.

Patty

Don Bruder

Sep 2, 2015, 12:40:31 AM9/2/15
In article <55e677b5$0$1690$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
I detest the "make a screenshot" method - Try it this way:
Copy EVERYTHING in your login items folder to someplace else - For this
post, I'll call it "nologin", but you can name it whatever you like. Now
drag everything in your login items folder to the trash, empty the
trash, so that you have nothing in the login items folder. Now start
adding items back from nologin, using whatever method tickles your fancy
to keep track of which ones have been put back - For stuff like this, I
like to set a color label on the file. Restart. Problem gone? It wasn't
caused by <whatever you just put back>. Leave it in the login items
folder and copy something else from nologin back into the login items
folder and restart again. Lather, rinse, repeat until problem returns.
If it doesn't return, well, then you've got some more sleuthing to do,
and I can't be much help.

If/when the problem returns, the last thing you copied back into the
login items folder is PROBABLY (but !!!!not CERTAINLY!!!!) the culprit.
Yank it out and restart. Did the problem go away? If so, you're done -
that item is/was the problem. Ditch it, fix it, find a new copy of it,
or figure out some other way to replace its functionality. Don't forget
to put the rest of what got copied to nologin back into the login items
folder.

--
Security provided by Mssrs Smith and/or Wesson. Brought to you by the letter Q

JF Mezei

Sep 2, 2015, 12:53:27 AM9/2/15
I found your file

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginitems.plist

You can use Property List Editor or Lingon or other PLIST editors.

Make a copy of the file, then play with the live one to remove entries
and once you have debugged, you can copy the original back and only
delete the offending program.

Your Name

Sep 2, 2015, 2:26:44 AM9/2/15
In article <ms5s67$gh5$1...@dont-email.me>, J Burns <bur...@nowhere.com>
wrote:
Later versions of what's now termed "Classic OS" (i.e. anything prior
to Mac OS X) had the Extension Manager that allowed you to create
specific sets of extensions. It's been a while since I used it, but I
think holding down the spacebar while booting allowed you to pick which
set to use, as well as choosing one in the Extensions Manager Control
Panel and then rebooting.

I never bothered to use Conflict Catcher. Even on the extremely rare
occasions I came across an issue (on either my own or someone else's
Mac), it was easily found and rectified without having to trawl through
numerous reboots. The "march" of the extension icons across the bottom
of the boot screen usually helped narrow down the culprit it if was
causing a boot time issue.

dorayme

Sep 2, 2015, 3:28:25 AM9/2/15
In article <020920151828371219%Your...@YourISP.com>,
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:

> Conflict Catcher

agh... that brings back memories <g>

--
dorayme

J Burns

Sep 2, 2015, 5:43:25 AM9/2/15
Now I remember! Extensions Manager came out with System 7.5. Apple has
of course been going downhill since System 7.6. "If the Apple Empire
and its Macs last a thousand years, men will say, This was their finest
hour."

AV3

Sep 2, 2015, 10:51:45 AM9/2/15
Not so in my experience. OS 9.1 was the best MacOS up until then for me.
It enabled Unicode, which was/is very important to me, and it operated
with the fewest extension conflicts, compared with its predecessors.

But I am glad to be out of extension conflict Hell. Conflict Catcher
generally came down to commanding me to solve conflicts by disabling
extensions needed to go on-line with. I usually ended up solving
conflicts without its "help."

--
++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====++
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvi...@Wearthlink.net> ||

Davoud

Sep 2, 2015, 8:16:41 PM9/2/15
Davoud:
> > Sheesh! System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Click to
> > remove, click and select to restore. Are you having difficulty
> > understanding the "plus" and "minus" buttons?

Ant:
> I know that. After removing them, adding them back manually each app one
> by one is a pain.

If the Mac OS is such a pain, stick with Windows.

Your Name

Sep 4, 2015, 9:47:47 PM9/4/15
In article <vilain-D7889E....@news.individual.net>, Michael
Vilain <vil...@NOspamcop.net> wrote:
> In article <020920152016398805%st...@sky.net>, Davoud <st...@sky.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Davoud:
> >
> > Ant:
> > > I know that. After removing them, adding them back manually each app one
> > > by one is a pain.
> >
> > If the Mac OS is such a pain, stick with Windows.
>
> What? And stop supporting his Mac clients? What would he do for a
> living?

Since Windoze has way more problems than Mac OS, as well as more users
(and generally more stupid as we know), the Mac clients are likely to
only be a small percentage of any tech support income anyway.

Ant

Sep 6, 2015, 3:10:37 PM9/6/15

> >> Not directly. You have to make note of the app you're removing, then
> >> add it back. There's no "disable" for login items. Remove them and add
> >> them back. Those are your options.
> >
> > Ah thanks. Apple needs to make a temporary disable option to leave them
> > in the list to make this easier. Bah!

> Tell them:

> <http://apple.com/feedback>

Done and thanks all! You guys should do the same too. I also mentioned
my newsgroup thread (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.mac.apps/FJ7dLJ03z8g ) too. ;)
--
Quote of the Week: "... Our world is not an ant farm!" --Duncan MacLeod (Highlander Season 3 Finale Part II)

Ant

Sep 6, 2015, 3:11:31 PM9/6/15

> > > Ant:
> > >
> > > If the Mac OS is such a pain, stick with Windows.
> >
> > What? And stop supporting his Mac clients? What would he do for a
> > living?

> Since Windoze has way more problems than Mac OS, as well as more users
> (and generally more stupid as we know), the Mac clients are likely to
> only be a small percentage of any tech support income anyway.

Everything has problems even non-electronics! :(