Incompetent Apple Safari QA shipped the SAME exploited severe bug three times over the past 5 years

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Andy Burnelli

unread,
Jul 8, 2022, 4:10:47 PMJul 8
to
The Apple QA team is so incompetent that they don't know the first thing
about testing, which is that when you find and fix a bug, you put processes
in place so that the same bug doesn't come back to bite you again.

They shipped the bug in 2013 (Safari, iOS, iPadOS, and macOS).
And then again in 2016 (Safari, iOS, iPadOS, and macOS).
And yet again in 2022 (Safari, iOS, iPadOS, and macOS).

Holy Christ. This is clear evidence of gross incompetence of Apple QA!

Each time Apple shipped the _same_ bug, it was exploited in the wild.
*That's how grossly incompetent Apple QA truly is*

*Google Researchers Detail 5-Year-Old Apple Safari Vulnerability Exploited
in the Wild*

<https://thehackernews.com/2022/06/google-researchers-detail-5-year-old.html>

John

unread,
Jul 8, 2022, 4:15:41 PMJul 8
to
Apple has QA?

Ant

unread,
Jul 8, 2022, 5:25:21 PMJul 8
to
Does anyone have QA? :P
--
Somewhat slammy Thursday. So many killings this week. :(
Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org.
/ /\ /\ \ Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Alan

unread,
Jul 8, 2022, 5:30:32 PMJul 8
to
Wow. You don't even know how to read:

'"In this case, the variant was completely patched when the
vulnerability was initially reported in 2013," Maddie Stone of Google
Project Zero said. "However, the variant was reintroduced three years
later during large refactoring efforts. The vulnerability then continued
to exist for 5 years until it was fixed as an in-the-wild zero-day in
January 2022."'

So 2013, 2016...

...and no "again in 2022".

Jerry

unread,
Jul 9, 2022, 5:55:57 PMJul 9
to
On Fri, 08 Jul 2022 16:25:13 -0500, Ant wrote:

> Does anyone have QA?

Not Apple.

Even worse is the bug existed, was fixed, & then it was reintroduced and
then the bug was exploited in the wild undetected by Apple for five years.

Apple never found the bug even though they knew exactly what to look for.
Apple never looked until someone else tapped them on the shoulder about it.

That says a lot about how bad Apple is in their lack of adequate testing.

Alan

unread,
Jul 9, 2022, 8:25:38 PMJul 9
to
On 2022-07-09 14:56, Jerry wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jul 2022 16:25:13 -0500, Ant wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have QA?
>
> Not Apple.
>
> Even worse is the bug existed, was fixed, & then it was reintroduced and
> then the bug was exploited in the wild undetected by Apple for five years.

You have proof of that, do you?

>
> Apple never found the bug even though they knew exactly what to look for.

Ah... ...you're another Arlen-nym.

Fiz Jr

unread,
Jul 31, 2022, 4:34:13 AMJul 31
to
On Fri, 8 Jul 2022, Andy Burnelli wrote:

> The Apple QA team is so incompetent that they don't know the first thing
> about testing, which is that when you find and fix a bug, you put processes
> in place so that the same bug doesn't come back to bite you again.

Unbelievable!

Fiz Jr
fiz...@yahoo.com

Alan

unread,
Jul 31, 2022, 11:03:25 AMJul 31
to
Literally.

As in, "you can't believe a word Arlen writes".
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages