OT:Would you send your child to this college to study computer science?

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Steve Carroll

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 8:11:22 PM8/26/09
to
http://www.yc.edu/

If not, why not?

I have a friend that sent his eldest son to this place... he has some
interesting stories about some of the staff.

Steve Carroll's Dog

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 8:53:06 PM8/26/09
to
"Steve Carroll" <fret...@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:e0c0fc35-afa0-4006...@o9g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

http://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/YC_comments.html

The campus is almost always under construction and the staff are creepy

If you are a parent considering this community college, send your son or
daughter elsewhere, you'll be glad you did. If your a student considering
going here, run for your life! AVOID, AVOID, AVOID,
AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yavapai college is totally lame, a total waste of money!!!!

The faculty there are extremely unhelpful, biased, and down right mean!

The homework and projects are definitly not at all challenging.

The faculty, Administration, and Campus Safety at this college think they
are above their own policy and procedures and the law. They think they are
SUPERMAN and GOD all rolled into one. Their intent, to destroy the student
at any cost.


If you dare to send me there, Steve, I will chew your slippers up again.


ed

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 8:54:37 PM8/26/09
to
On Aug 26, 5:11 pm, Steve Carroll <fretw...@comcast.net> wrote:
> http://www.yc.edu/
>
> If not, why not?

no, because, um, they don't teach computer science?
http://www.yc.edu/content/academics/areasofstudy/default.htm

Steve Carroll's Dog

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 9:07:00 PM8/26/09
to

It is listed in the area of study.

http://www.yc.edu/webtools/catalogs/pdf/intro.pdf

Yavapai College is enough of a joke where even a dog can get a degree.


ed

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 9:19:03 PM8/26/09
to
On Aug 26, 6:07 pm, "Steve Carroll's Dog" <B...@Snit.com> wrote:
> ed wrote:
> > On Aug 26, 5:11 pm, Steve Carroll <fretw...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >>http://www.yc.edu/
>
> >> If not, why not?
>
> > no, because, um, they don't teach computer science?
> >http://www.yc.edu/content/academics/areasofstudy/default.htm
>
> >> I have a friend that sent his eldest son to this place... he has some
> >> interesting stories about some of the staff.
>
> It is listed in the area of study.
>
> http://www.yc.edu/webtools/catalogs/pdf/intro.pdf

given that it's listed in their pdf catalog, but not on their website,
and taking a cursory look, it also appears that the only cs class they
teach is "intro to cs", the answer is still no. :P

Steve Carroll

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 9:29:56 PM8/26/09
to
On Aug 26, 6:54 pm, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:
> On Aug 26, 5:11 pm, Steve Carroll <fretw...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >http://www.yc.edu/
>
> > If not, why not?
>
> no, because, um, they don't teach computer science?http://www.yc.edu/content/academics/areasofstudy/default.htm

I saw that... I also saw this on the Yavapai College site (look under
the entry for Dagoberto "Beto" Ruvalcaba Jr.)

"He attended Yavapai College as a computer science major."

And I saw this on their site:
"Business and Computer Science Department Action Plan 2008-2009"
https://www.yc.edu/content/strategicplanning/Departmental_Plans/Business_Computer_Science.pdf


Steve Carroll's Dog

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 9:32:04 PM8/26/09
to

How many classes do you expect a dog to take?


Steve Carroll

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 9:39:30 PM8/26/09
to

I told Snit my dog wanted to upstage that piano playing cat;)

Steve Carroll's Dog

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 9:45:58 PM8/26/09
to

I am going to hump Snit's leg.


Fa-groon

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 9:48:13 PM8/26/09
to
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:19:03 -0700, ed wrote
(in article
<e58d064c-bee1-417d...@r33g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>):

You mean like Pat Robertson's "Liberty University" a college that graduates
idiots?

Steve Carroll

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 10:01:26 PM8/26/09
to
On Aug 26, 7:48 pm, Fa-groon <fa-gr...@mad.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:19:03 -0700, ed wrote
> (in article
> <e58d064c-bee1-417d-9f25-fc4a64dde...@r33g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>):

According to some of their grads it's sounds more like a place that
hires idiots to do the teaching. The following is supposedly from a
pissed off grad:

"WARNING: TO ALL STUDENTS, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION: I am a former graduate
of this college, and am still dealing with what this college has done
illegally to my records among other things. I am also not the only
student this college is doing this to, just the first to come forward.
Fortulently, I live in an area away from this town, that is why I am
able to tell my story. The faculty, Administration, and Campus Safety


at this college think they are above their own policy and procedures
and the law. They think they are SUPERMAN and GOD all rolled into one.

Their intent, to destroy the student at any cost. They do this by
having their own campus security commit crimes against the student and
make it look like the student is guilty as charged, or if you do
something like spit on the ground, accidentally cause minor damage of
college property; less than $140, dispute a grade, report a teacher
for misconduct, etc. They turn the above into serious felony charges
like this: defacing public property, public destruction, criminal
damage, harassment, stalking, etc. They don't even try to hide the
crimes that they've committed against you, they really think they can
do what ever they want and get away with it. They do this for two
reasons; first because they have their own judicial system where they
bring the student or former student before their Administration,
whether student is present or not, then charge that student with
crimes committed by those who will act as that student's judge, jury,
and prosecutor to suspend, expell, etc. Secondly, the more serious the
charges against you appear, then they can file charges against you in
Superior Court. The worser the crime, the higher the restitution. And
their will always be restitution whether or not their shouldn't be.
This is where the probation department comes in. They make sure your
sentence is so strict that they control your every move. But in my
case they all messed up big, and that is why I am speaking out. No
restitution was collected in my case and I am not doing probation
there either, and that is why I am able to tell my story.
They have been getting away with this for so long and getting help
from the probation department to help keep students in line from
speaking out. Fortulently I made it out, and have contacted many
people, and am taking my case to the media to prevent this college
from doing this to anyone else."

http://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/YC_comments.html?page=2&type=&d_school=Yavapai%20College

Steve Carroll's Dog

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 10:11:56 PM8/26/09
to

Town is small, not much of anything to do or places to hang out. Everyday of
the week this town is like a ghost town by 9pm. The homework and projects
are definitly not at all challenging. Campus Safety is always hassling
students whether on or off campus, even saw them arrest a student once for
throwing his tennis shoes on the ground. Pretty lame if you ask me, they
don't seem to have anything else better to do. Overall, definite room for
improvement!


What they sniff in Prescott is worse than sniffing asses.


Snit

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 11:47:11 PM8/26/09
to
ed stated in post
e58d064c-bee1-417d...@r33g2000vbp.googlegroups.com on 8/26/09
6:19 PM:

How much do you want to bet that this friend's oldest son cannot figure out,
say, what the class rooms looked like or what teaching methods any given
instructor uses.

Yes: I am suggesting that Steve Carroll is simply lying - for obvious
reasons.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]


Steve Carroll

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 10:47:03 AM8/27/09
to
On Aug 26, 9:47 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> ed stated in post
> e58d064c-bee1-417d-9f25-fc4a64dde...@r33g2000vbp.googlegroups.com on 8/26/09

> 6:19 PM:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Aug 26, 6:07 pm, "Steve Carroll's Dog" <B...@Snit.com> wrote:
> >> ed wrote:
> >>> On Aug 26, 5:11 pm, Steve Carroll <fretw...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >>>>http://www.yc.edu/
>
> >>>> If not, why not?
>
> >>> no, because, um, they don't teach computer science?
> >>>http://www.yc.edu/content/academics/areasofstudy/default.htm
>
> >>>> I have a friend that sent his eldest son to this place... he has some
> >>>> interesting stories about some of the staff.
>
> >> It is listed in the area of study.
>
> >>http://www.yc.edu/webtools/catalogs/pdf/intro.pdf
>
> > given that it's listed in their pdf catalog, but not on their website,
> > and taking a cursory look, it also appears that the only cs class they
> > teach is "intro to cs", the answer is still no.  :P
>
> >> Yavapai College is enough of a joke where even a dog can get a degree.
>
> How much do you want to bet that this friend's oldest son cannot figure out,
> say, what the class rooms looked like or what teaching methods any given
> instructor uses.

How much do you wanna bet that you will run from an 'actual" bet he
attended Yavapai?

> Yes: I am suggesting that Steve Carroll is simply lying - for obvious
> reasons.

So let's bet on this and see if you are honest and honorable enough to
stand behind your word. We can use ed as the arbiter if he's
willing...he might just find this interesting as the proof will
involve something he's into.

hophead

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 12:06:51 PM8/27/09
to
In article <0001HW.C6BB33ED...@news.giganews.com>, fa-
gr...@mad.com says...

> You mean like Pat Robertson's "Liberty University" a college that graduates
> idiots?

Now now, keep your fundamentalists straight: That's Jerry Falwell's
Liberty University.

ed

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 12:27:55 PM8/27/09
to
On Aug 27, 7:47 am, Steve Carroll <fretw...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Aug 26, 9:47 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
<snip>

> > How much do you want to bet that this friend's oldest son cannot figure out,
> > say, what the class rooms looked like or what teaching methods any given
> > instructor uses.
>
> How much do you wanna bet that you will run from an 'actual" bet he
> attended Yavapai?
>
> > Yes: I am suggesting that Steve Carroll is simply lying - for obvious
> > reasons.
>
> So let's bet on this and see if you are honest and honorable enough to
> stand behind your word. We can use ed as the arbiter if he's
> willing...he might just find this interesting as the proof will
> involve something he's into.

say what? now i'm interested?

Snit

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 2:11:59 PM8/27/09
to
ed stated in post
514b5651-aaf1-481b...@d23g2000vbm.googlegroups.com on 8/27/09
9:27 AM:

Steve Carroll is clearly trolling me. The college he and his "crew" (and
his newest sock) have been bashing is done solely to try to get more
attention from me. I noted I would be giving Sandman and Carroll less
attention. They each are working to keep that attention: Sandman by begging
me to help him (as he lies about me... weird), and Carroll by playing this
absurd game and using at least one sock.

Sandman was more successful... he at least got responses from me.


--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]


Sandman

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 2:16:48 PM8/27/09
to
In article <C6BC1A7F.44388%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

Your misinformation aside, I have made it very clear that I await the
day your school begins with great anticipation. You not responding to
me would be great! I really really hope that this isn't a lie on your
part and this is really going to happen.

Best wishes to you and your family!


--
Sandman[.net]

ed

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 2:20:06 PM8/27/09
to
On Aug 27, 11:16 am, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
> In article <C6BC1A7F.44388%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
>
>
>
> Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> > ed stated in post
> > 514b5651-aaf1-481b-979c-98d6f2aaa...@d23g2000vbm.googlegroups.com on 8/27/09

yeah, he should have started this week! woohoo! ;D

http://www.yc.edu/content/registration/academic-calendar/fall2009.htm

Snit

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 2:25:12 PM8/27/09
to
ed stated in post
6ccb5930-c52c-4077...@p36g2000vbn.googlegroups.com on 8/27/09
11:20 AM:

Have I ever said what college I teach at? Maybe... I do not recall off hand
doing so.

In any case, Carroll has been ignored... Sandman's tact to get my attention
by begging for my help was more successful. His BS is getting to the point
of being boring though...


--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]


ed

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 2:33:23 PM8/27/09
to
On Aug 27, 11:25 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> ed stated in post
<snip>

> >> Your misinformation aside, I have made it very clear that I await the
> >> day your school begins with great anticipation. You not responding to
> >> me would be great! I really really hope that this isn't a lie on your
> >> part and this is really going to happen.
>
> >> Best wishes to you and your family!
>
> > yeah, he should have started this week! woohoo! ;D
>
> >http://www.yc.edu/content/registration/academic-calendar/fall2009.htm
>
> Have I ever said what college I teach at? Maybe... I do not recall off hand
> doing so.

iirc, you mentioned you taught at a juco in that area, and someone
found it w/ little problem- in any case, it's not really under debate,
unless you want to flat out state that you do NOT- you're listed as an
instructor:
https://taylor.yc.edu/BANPROD/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched


<snip>

Snit

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 2:38:17 PM8/27/09
to
ed stated in post
274c7f5e-a261-4f22...@z28g2000vbl.googlegroups.com on 8/27/09
11:33 AM:

Never denied it and Carroll has posted detailed instructions on how to find
my name in the college. Several trolls have even emailed me at my college
address to "check" if it really is me.

Those emails have not been responded to. If someone who does not generally
troll me emails me there, however, I might respond.


--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]


Fa-groon

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 2:43:33 PM8/27/09
to
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:06:51 -0700, hophead wrote
(in article <MPG.25004ef42...@news.giganews.com>):

They're all pretty much the same to me. But you're right, my bad. Anyway, if
Muahman is the measure of the type of person that "Liberty" turns out, then
that institution of "higher learning" really DOES need God's help.

hophead

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 3:40:38 PM8/27/09
to
In article <0001HW.C6BC21E5...@news.giganews.com>, fa-
gr...@mad.com says...

> They're all pretty much the same to me. But you're right, my bad. Anyway, if
> Muahman is the measure of the type of person that "Liberty" turns out, then
> that institution of "higher learning" really DOES need God's help.

Hard to believe he graduated university. Maybe he majored in "Grow-ops"
with a minor in "intolerance".

ed

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 3:51:58 PM8/27/09
to
On Aug 27, 11:38 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> ed stated in post
> 274c7f5e-a261-4f22-a22d-61538db6c...@z28g2000vbl.googlegroups.com on 8/27/09

> 11:33 AM:
> > On Aug 27, 11:25 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> >> ed stated in post
> > <snip>
> >>>> Your misinformation aside, I have made it very clear that I await the
> >>>> day your school begins with great anticipation. You not responding to
> >>>> me would be great! I really really hope that this isn't a lie on your
> >>>> part and this is really going to happen.
>
> >>>> Best wishes to you and your family!
>
> >>> yeah, he should have started this week! woohoo! ;D
>
> >>>http://www.yc.edu/content/registration/academic-calendar/fall2009.htm
>
> >> Have I ever said what college I teach at? Maybe... I do not recall off hand
> >> doing so.
>
> > iirc, you mentioned you taught at a juco in that area, and someone
> > found it w/ little problem- in any case, it's not really under debate,
> > unless you want to flat out state that you do NOT- you're listed as an
> > instructor:
> >https://taylor.yc.edu/BANPROD/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched
>
> > <snip>
>
> Never denied it and Carroll has posted detailed instructions on how to find
> my name in the college.

so why was it worth bringing up the question of if you'd mentioned
where you taught?


<snip>

Snit

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 4:16:25 PM8/27/09
to
ed stated in post
e94271da-b3c6-4977...@y20g2000vbk.googlegroups.com on 8/27/09
12:51 PM:

The point is, I do not believe I ever said what college I taught at...
Carroll (or maybe his ex) dug up the information. Once it was made public
in CSMA, though, I may have acknowledged it or even used the name of the
college when I talked about my teaching.

Now, after it was made public by someone other than me, Steve and his, ehem,
dog are belitting the college, the instructors, and even those who go there.

Shows Steve's character - or lack thereof - well. I stopped responding to
him for, what, one day? Even that? And he resorts to this type of
silliness to try to get my attention. It is just absurd.


--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]


Steve Carroll

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 4:43:13 PM8/27/09
to
On Aug 27, 2:16 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> ed stated in post
> e94271da-b3c6-4977-a0d3-97b06021f...@y20g2000vbk.googlegroups.com on 8/27/09


You say this, yet, you were recently claiming that I "know" where you
teach. Don't you see how your contradictions (lies) don't square with
each other? I keep telling you... people just aren't as stupid as you
need them to be.


> Carroll (or maybe his ex) dug up the information.  Once it was made public
> in CSMA, though, I may have acknowledged it or even used the name of the
> college when I talked about my teaching.
>
> Now, after it was made public by someone other than me, Steve and his, ehem,
> dog are belitting the college, the instructors, and even those who go there.

I stated what it 'sounds' like *to me* ... as based on complaints from
past students that someone in this ng pointed to.

> Shows Steve's character - or lack thereof - well.

Whined the lying hypocrite who will stop at nothing... including
publicly lying that I've committed adultery, to show how his character
is lacking.

 I stopped responding to
> him for, what, one day?  Even that?  And he resorts to this type of
> silliness to try to get my attention.  It is just absurd.

What's really absurd is the idea that you would ever have the balls to
take my offer to enter into a bet. You know? A bet... the idea that
*you* brought up when questioning what I'd written... an idea that you
are now running away from as fast as your little legs can carry you.
LOL!


(gee... Snit was all talk and no action once again... what a shock;)

Steve Carroll

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 4:43:49 PM8/27/09
to

So you're not interested?

Steve Carroll

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 4:48:12 PM8/27/09
to


You know why...

Steve Carroll's Dog

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 5:23:02 PM8/27/09
to

Prove it.


ed

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 5:32:01 PM8/27/09
to
On Aug 27, 1:43 pm, Steve Carroll <fretw...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Aug 27, 10:27 am, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:
<snip>
> > > How much do you wanna bet that you will run from an 'actual" bet he
> > > attended Yavapai?
>
> > > > Yes: I am suggesting that Steve Carroll is simply lying - for obvious
> > > > reasons.
>
> > > So let's bet on this and see if you are honest and honorable enough to
> > > stand behind your word. We can use ed as the arbiter if he's
> > > willing...he might just find this interesting as the proof will
> > > involve something he's into.
>
> > say what? now i'm interested?
>
> So you're not interested?

how's it related to something i'm into (and what's that something)?

Steve Carroll

unread,
Aug 27, 2009, 7:05:12 PM8/27/09
to

I guess it doesn't much matter... Snit is, as usual, running away from
his standing behind his words with anything other then more BS.

Sandman

unread,
Aug 28, 2009, 2:13:10 AM8/28/09
to
In article
<6ccb5930-c52c-4077...@p36g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
ed <ne...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:

> > > Sandman was more successful... he at least got responses from me.
> >
> > Your misinformation aside, I have made it very clear that I await the
> > day your school begins with great anticipation. You not responding to
> > me would be great! I really really hope that this isn't a lie on your
> > part and this is really going to happen.
> >
> > Best wishes to you and your family!
>
> yeah, he should have started this week! woohoo! ;D
>
> http://www.yc.edu/content/registration/academic-calendar/fall2009.htm

Well, since he hasn't stopped responding and talking about me, that
can't be true. I'm assuming that the classes he attend hasn't started
yet, even if the semester has.

(ironically, "semester" is the swedish word for "holiday")


--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

unread,
Aug 28, 2009, 2:15:52 AM8/28/09
to
In article <C6BC1D98.44394%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> In any case, Carroll has been ignored... Sandman's tact to get my attention
> by begging for my help was more successful. His BS is getting to the point
> of being boring though...

Nooo, wait... Are you saying that school HAS started and you lied when
you said that you wouldn't be talking to and about me?? Please, don't
do this! I really took your word for it that you wouldn't respond to
me when school began, and here you're implying that it has begun and
yet you still respond to me! Why, why, why? Please reconsider being
"too busy to respond" to me again!

With best regards for you and your family


--
Sandman[.net]

Chance Furlong

unread,
Aug 28, 2009, 3:16:27 AM8/28/09
to
In article <mr-CC09F7.08...@News.Individual.NET>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

> In article <C6BC1D98.44394%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
> Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
> > In any case, Carroll has been ignored... Sandman's tact to get my attention
> > by begging for my help was more successful. His BS is getting to the point
> > of being boring though...
>

> No, wait, re you saying that school HAS started and you lied when
> you said that you wouldn't be talking to and about me? Please, don't

> do this! I really took your word for it that you wouldn't respond to
> me when school began, and here you're implying that it has begun and
> yet you still respond to me! Why, why, why? Please reconsider being
> "too busy to respond" to me again!
>

> With best regards for you and your family.

You know Snit will reply sooner or later.

ed

unread,
Aug 28, 2009, 12:30:08 PM8/28/09
to
On Aug 27, 11:13 pm, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
> ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:
<snip>

> > yeah, he should have started this week! woohoo! ;D
>
> >http://www.yc.edu/content/registration/academic-calendar/fall2009.htm
>
> Well, since he hasn't stopped responding and talking about me, that
> can't be true. I'm assuming that the classes he attend hasn't started
> yet, even if the semester has.
>
> (ironically, "semester" is the swedish word for "holiday")

it's derived from the latin sēmestris, for 6 months- which evolved to
meaning half year, which makes sense in the u.s. where a semester is
half a academic year. i suspect the swedish word derives from
something else- or you guys just take a whole lot of holiday!

Sandman

unread,
Aug 28, 2009, 1:16:26 PM8/28/09
to
In article
<03e3c8b0-5bdc-4bab...@o36g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
ed <ne...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:

Yeah, I know about the origin, and it's pretty funny. ANd yeah, here in Sweden we all get 6 months of paid holiday to have sex with our cousins :-D

Didn't you know? :)


--
Sandman[.net]

Steve Carroll's Dog

unread,
Sep 1, 2009, 6:37:07 PM9/1/09
to

You live to respond to Sandman and Steve.


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages