Apple demoted to #2

Thomas E.

Jan 17, 2024, 10:39:41 AMJan 17
in market valuation

by Microsoft

at least for a few hours! LOL Maccies!

Alan

Jan 17, 2024, 11:50:47 AMJan 17
You never got this one, did you, dick?

The only reason "Maccies" ever mentioned "market valuation" in the first
place was that dicks like you insisted that greater market value meant
greater technical value.

Nick Charles

Jan 17, 2024, 4:44:59 PMJan 17
And yet, Apple now sells more phones than any other single company.

Apple IS DOOMED!

Thomas E.

Jan 18, 2024, 10:29:09 AMJan 18
I call bullshit. I remember you claimed Apple as the most valuable company based on market valuation. You lie yet again.

Thomas E.

Jan 18, 2024, 10:31:10 AMJan 18
Apples and oranges. Microsoft sells zero phones, yet has a market valuation equal to Apple. Phones are not the only source of market value.

Alan

Jan 18, 2024, 2:43:37 PMJan 18
Are you really this obtuse in life, Dick?

I may have said that...

...but the INTENT was to make fun of dicks like you who insisted that

Thomas E.

Jan 19, 2024, 6:09:43 PMJan 19
LOL, you lie. You worship at the feet of Apple monopoly power and the earnings that power makes possible.

Alan

Jan 19, 2024, 6:20:44 PMJan 19
Check your Usenet history, dick.

It's common knowledge that dicks like you were loudly proclaiming
Microsoft superiority because it had greater revenue than Apple...

...then when Apple's revenues became greater than Microsoft's it became
stock price that was the metric...

...then not stock price, but market cap.

We "maccies" only started talking about it because you dicks raised it
in the first place...

...dick.

Thomas E.

Jan 25, 2024, 4:50:51 PMJan 25
LOL, you will go to your grave defending Apple with your last breath!

Alan

Jan 25, 2024, 5:51:26 PMJan 25
I'm not defending anything but the facts, Dick.

Thomas E.

Jan 29, 2024, 6:04:42 PMJan 29
LOL, your beliefs are facts?

Alan

Jan 29, 2024, 6:32:17 PMJan 29
The facts are the facts.

And the fact is that dicks such as you were telling us that Microsoft
financial success meant technical and usability superiority for YEARS.

'Imagine - if this was an insanely great company how much better they
could be. Gee, if they had real products that people really wanted
instead of holding a gun to our heads and forcing us to buy their
totally non-functional OS's and junky Suite......... With better
products they might get to 51% or even 52% increases in profits. WOW, it
boggles the mind.

MS to report 50 percent growth
By Reuters
October 17, 1997, 3:50 p.m. PT
Microsoft (MSFT) is expected to report another solid quarter of nearly
50 percent earnings growth next week, showing no evidence yet of a
slowdown predicted for later in its fiscal year.'

'I may not know much about computer hardware but I have made a lot of
money reading financial statements. Apple is in big trouble, but is not
in need of a financial bailout yet. However, the trends are very
negative. If this rate of decline is maintained for another 24 months
this company will no longer be independent. It will be owned by another
company or it's creditors.'

Recognize those quotes?

You should...

...Dick.

Thomas E.

Feb 4, 2024, 8:51:17 AMFeb 4
OMG - quote from 1997 when Apple was in fact on the ropes. LOL, your denial syndrome just set a new high water mark. A lot changed after that. News at 11. Go see a mental health professional. You need help.

Alan

Feb 4, 2024, 12:13:43 PMFeb 4
I simply laid out the fact that dicks such as yourself used to regularly
argue that the Mac was worse than Windows because Microsoft made more money.