Don't want to brag, but...

Nashton

Oct 19, 2013, 3:50:20 PM10/19/13
Sequoia a little over 5 years old. Kids off to school and most of them
live in the same city in Nova Scotia.

Negotiating for a Q7 Premium TDI, with air suspension package.

Still seats up to six (two of my teenagers in the back) and is a fine
automobile to drive, what with the Quatro.

I won't have to plastdip this one, as it comes the way I want it.

I'll have news soon, for whomever is interested, *with* pics.

Sandman

Oct 19, 2013, 3:51:47 PM10/19/13
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!

Pure desperation from the local Nissan boy :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Alan Baker

Oct 19, 2013, 4:19:17 PM10/19/13
In article <l3unps$g2d$1...@dont-email.me>, Nashton <no...@nana.ca> wrote:

So you "don't WANT to brag", but you will anyway...

> Sequoia a little over 5 years old. Kids off to school and most of them
> live in the same city in Nova Scotia.

So you think that having chosen a vehicle that you clearly don't feel
you can keep for more than 5 years is sensible...

> Negotiating for a Q7 Premium TDI, with air suspension package.

You mean the one you couldn't possibly buy...

...because the nearest dealer was "5 hours away".

And isn't it funny that you tried to make the argument that the product
that sells in greater quantity does so because it is superior...

...but here you are buying an expensive product presumably because you
think it's better than the less expensive options in the same class that
sell far, FAR more.

Almost like a "maccie".

:-)

> Still seats up to six (two of my teenagers in the back) and is a fine
> automobile to drive, what with the Quatro.

"QuaTTro".

> I won't have to plastdip this one, as it comes the way I want it.
>
> I'll have news soon, for whomever is interested, *with* pics.

Good for you!

Will you then deride yourself for posting off-topic?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Nashton

Oct 19, 2013, 4:43:01 PM10/19/13
Jealous, plasti-dip bald boy?

Sandman

Oct 20, 2013, 3:30:31 AM10/20/13
Of your plastic toy small, slow, bad handling, ugly "luxury" car?
Hahahaha!!

--
Sandman[.net]

MuahMan

Oct 20, 2013, 1:44:42 PM10/20/13
HAHAHAHA

Yep, no plastic in a Charger. LOL LOL LOL LOL

http://0.tqn.com/d/cars/1/0/9/T/2/ag_11challsrt8_int.JPG

Nashton

Oct 20, 2013, 5:32:53 PM10/20/13
You mean nothing *but* plastic. LOL!

http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/2011-Nissan-Maxima-Interior-Profile.jpg

Now that's a dashboard. Infinity or Nissan?

Sandman

Nov 14, 2013, 5:12:11 AM11/14/13
Hahahahahaha!!!!! Blithering moron Muahman posts a picture of a 2011 Dodge
Challenger and thinks it's a Dodge Charger!!! My god, he's clueless!!!

Here's a picture of Brian driving his car on the "track":

http://sandman.net/files/brianpratt.jpg

--
Sandman[.net]

Steve Carroll

Nov 17, 2013, 1:33:13 PM11/17/13
You're trying to brag on sh*t you're buying?

http://home.comcast.net/~fretwizz/Playlist/multiplayer.html

I just put a link to this in COLA for Snit, who apparently had an issue with getting it running. The first 3 tunes are my sons when they were ages 14 (basses) and 17 (saxes); the bassist had gone bowling the night before and trashed his thumb so the tunes couldn't all be performed as 1 takes without overdubs (only Spain, others were 1st takes, no dubs). Yes, I taught them how to play and in my opinion this kind of 'bragging right' far exceeds any material BS out there.

(cue up a newsgroup fathead doing his thing)

KDT

Nov 17, 2013, 2:02:04 PM11/17/13
What's sad is you're bragging about a car.....

Alan Baker

Nov 17, 2013, 2:12:05 PM11/17/13
On 2013-11-17 19:02:04 +0000, KDT said:

> What's sad is you're bragging about a car.....

What's really sad is that he's bragging about buying a VERY EXPENSIVE car...

Sandman

Nov 18, 2013, 1:49:56 AM11/18/13
In article <2013111711120547524-alangbaker@telusnet>, Alan Baker wrote:

> On 2013-11-17 19:02:04 +0000, KDT said:

> > KDT:
> > What's sad is you're bragging about a car.....
>
> What's really sad is that he's bragging about buying a VERY
> EXPENSIVE car...

Huh? Is the Audi Q7 "very expensive" in Canada? Here it's a pretty cheap
SUV wannabe, even with the "air suspension" package which he
seems to think is some luxury item.

--
Sandman[.net]

Alan Baker

Nov 18, 2013, 3:15:18 AM11/18/13
I think for the class of vehicle known as "SUV", an Audi Q7 is a long
way up there in price...

...and so I find it hilarious that someone who argues so long and hard
about how buying more expensive Apple personal computers, phones,
tablets, etc. is so very willing to spend a lot more on an SUV whose
job would be pretty much as well done by a Ford Explorer for about half
the price.

:-)

Sandman

Nov 18, 2013, 5:00:22 AM11/18/13
In article <2013111800151815933-alangbaker@telusnet>, Alan Baker wrote:

> > > Alan Baker:
> > > What's really sad is that he's bragging about buying a VERY
> > > EXPENSIVE car...
> >
> > Sandman:
> > Huh? Is the Audi Q7 "very expensive" in Canada? Here it's a pretty
> > cheap SUV wannabe, even with the "air suspension" package which he
> > seems to think is some luxury item.
>
> I think for the class of vehicle known as "SUV", an Audi Q7 is a
> long way up there in price...

Ok, here it starts at $75K (cheaper than my sedan) with the "luxurious" air
suspension. I say "luxurious" because Audi's air suspension is known for
not handling cold very well, and it can be quite cold here in Sweden over
the winter, so lots of people find themselves with solid suspension. Ouch.
But I'm sure it's warm and sunny all year around where Nashton lives. Hehe
:)

Sure, Audi charges a LOT for addons so you can get that price up quite a
bit of course.

> ...and so I find it hilarious that someone who argues so long and
> hard about how buying more expensive Apple personal computers,
> phones, tablets, etc. is so very willing to spend a lot more on an
> SUV whose job would be pretty much as well done by a Ford Explorer
> for about half the price.

I wuld get the XC90 either way. A lot more comfortable than the Q7 and
seats more people if you have the need. Plus, built for swedish climate.

--
Sandman[.net]

jaybird

Nov 18, 2013, 6:32:31 PM11/18/13

"KDT" wrote in message

>What's sad is you're bragging about a car.....

What's sad is you can't afford anything even remotely close, Karl.
Did you put new rubber on your bicycle yet?

jaybird

Nov 18, 2013, 6:35:07 PM11/18/13

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
What's really sad is you drive a 25YO shitbox, and don't even own the
tiny, old, run down, roach motel you live in.

-hh

Nov 18, 2013, 10:50:25 PM11/18/13
Sandman wrote:

> > > Sandman:
>
> > > Huh? Is the Audi Q7 "very expensive" in Canada? Here it's a pretty
> > > cheap SUV wannabe, even with the "air suspension" package which he
> > > seems to think is some luxury item.
>
> > I think for the class of vehicle known as "SUV", an Audi Q7 is a
> > long way up there in price...
>

> Ok, here it starts at $75K (cheaper than my sedan) with the "luxurious" air
> suspension. I say "luxurious" because Audi's air suspension is known for
> not handling cold very well...

"In my books, I will not spend 70 grand on a car that doesn't do 0-60 in 6 secs or less."
- Nashton, May 2011

6.9 seconds ….

> Sure, Audi charges a LOT for addons so you can get that price up quite a
> bit of course.

Uh oh…he had better go really light on those options…!

> > ...and so I find it hilarious that someone who argues so long and
> > hard about how buying more expensive Apple personal computers,
> > phones, tablets, etc. is so very willing to spend a lot more on an
> > SUV whose job would be pretty much as well done by a Ford Explorer
> > for about half the price.

Or even with a smaller vehicle, given that half the kids are away at University and not part of the daily haul…or long term plans, hopefully. So even if he really wants to stay with Audi, there's the Q5 for ballpark $20K less…enough for a vacation decent enough to let them all go to the Vasa Museum instead of another mosquito-ridden camping trip ;-)

-hh

ed

Nov 19, 2013, 2:22:00 AM11/19/13
Can we not pretend that $75k is cheap for a car, ANYWHERE? it's apparently ~2x average Swedish income, so I'm not sure how you can begin to say it's a pretty cheap SUV over there...

ed

Nov 19, 2013, 2:44:36 AM11/19/13
Sorry, that 2x stat is incorrect - my fault for reading a average income list without looking at the source data (it's 2x PPP). Still not cheap for the population by any means, but worth correcting. ;)

Alan Baker

Nov 19, 2013, 5:41:29 PM11/19/13
On Monday, November 18, 2013 11:44:36 PM UTC-8, ed wrote:
> Sorry, that 2x stat is incorrect - my fault for reading a average income list without looking at the source data (it's 2x PPP). Still not cheap for the population by any means, but worth correcting. ;)

You can't even admit you're wrong without game playing...

ed

Nov 19, 2013, 6:18:40 PM11/19/13
wtf are you talking about? i said it was a mistake that was my fault, what led to me being wrong, AND corrected the error, all without prompting. jeebus dude, what's wrong with you recently?

jaybird

Nov 19, 2013, 6:43:12 PM11/19/13

"ed" wrote in message
He's been in a swoon lately. I don't know if it's his broken face, or
something else.

Sandman

Nov 20, 2013, 4:30:39 AM11/20/13
In article <87869350-5f17-4d70...@googlegroups.com>, -hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:

> > Ok, here it starts at $75K (cheaper than my sedan) with the "luxurious" air
> > suspension. I say "luxurious" because Audi's air suspension is known for
> > not handling cold very well...
>

> "In my books, I will not spend 70 grand on a car that doesn't do 0-60 in
> 6 secs or less."
> - Nashton, May 2011
>

> 6.9 seconds ….

Yeah, as if he could even afford a $70k car :)

> > Sure, Audi charges a LOT for addons so you can get that price up quite a
> > bit of course.
>
> Uh oh…he had better go really light on those options…!

Yeah, he's driving a $35k POS toy car now that he thinks is a "luxury" car.
Haha. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

-hh

Nov 20, 2013, 8:41:56 AM11/20/13
Sandman wrote:
> -hh wrote:
> > Sandman wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, here it starts at $75K (cheaper than my sedan)
> > > with the "luxurious" air suspension. I say "luxurious"
> > > because Audi's air suspension is known for not
> > > handling cold very well...
> >
> > "In my books, I will not spend 70 grand on a car
> > that doesn't do 0-60 in 6 secs or less."
> > - Nashton, May 2011
>
> > 6.9 seconds ….
>
> Yeah, as if he could even afford a $70k car :)

The 'affordability' question a sideline, IMO: he's doing something that he previously declaired that he would not do...

> > > Sure, Audi charges a LOT for addons so you can get
> > > that price up quite a bit of course.
> >
> > Uh oh…he had better go really light on those options…!
>
> Yeah, he's driving a $35k POS toy car now that he thinks
> is a "luxury" car.
>
> Haha. :)

For some people, what's used to boost their low self-esteem is a superficial lifestyle image that was bought with their credit card.

-hh

KDT

Nov 20, 2013, 3:48:04 PM11/20/13
I think it's rather pathetic. I would "brag" about something that it took skill, training, and hard work to do.

For instance, my next half marathon time, a project, how great the kids are doing in school, picking up a skill (something beyond "installing Linux","compiling the kernel", and "configuring Apache", etc.)

jaybird

Nov 20, 2013, 5:18:15 PM11/20/13

"KDT" wrote in message

On Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:43:01 PM UTC-4, Nashton wrote:
> On 2013-10-19 4:51 PM, Sandman wrote:
>
> > In article <l3unps$g2d$1...@dont-email.me>, Nashton <no...@nana.ca>
> > wrote:
>

> >> Sequoia a little over 5 years old. Kids off to school and most of
> >> them
>
> >> live in the same city in Nova Scotia.
>

> >> Negotiating for a Q7 Premium TDI, with air suspension package.
>

> >> Still seats up to six (two of my teenagers in the back) and is a
> >> fine
>
> >> automobile to drive, what with the Quatro.
>

> >> I won't have to plastdip this one, as it comes the way I want it.
>

> >> I'll have news soon, for whomever is interested, *with* pics.
>

> > Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!
>

> > Pure desperation from the local Nissan boy :)
>

> Jealous, plasti-dip bald boy?

>I think it's rather pathetic. I would "brag" about something that it
>took skill, training, and hard work to do.

It takes a "special skill" to pick up and dispose animal shit?

ed

Nov 20, 2013, 8:34:26 PM11/20/13
> I think it's rather pathetic. I would
> "brag" about something that it took
> skill, training, and hard work to do.

> For instance, my next half marathon
> time, a project, how great the kids
> are doing in school, picking up a
> skill (something beyond "installing
> Linux","compiling the kernel", and
> "configuring Apache", etc.)

Eh. If one earned the money for the car, it's all the same in terms of bragging. With the exception of kids, which is more pathetic as you're resorting to bragging on someone else's accomplishments. :P

-hh

Nov 20, 2013, 10:07:23 PM11/20/13
On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:34:26 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:

> Eh. If one earned the money for the car, it's all the same in
> terms of bragging.

That's a flawed presumption, since there's no uniform baseline or context: any differentiation may be a sham.

For example, I can recall an individual who was allegedly "affluent" enough to have an expensive [vehicle brand not important] … until it was discovered they were literally sleeping in it … and which was also why it turns out that they were showering in the company gym each morning: they had sacrificed pretty much everything financially just to have that particular vehicle. When the larger context becomes clear, does one still feel jealous? Probably not.

Similarly, there's still the presumption of personal priorities, but there's nothing saying that a vehicle must be one's preferred vice. For example, there's no reason why one might not prefer to spend one's discretionary amount on a bigger house ...or a second or third one ... or instead of a car/SUV to have a sailboat/powerboat/airplane instead, or to be able to go participate in more cost-intensive hobbies such as skydiving/scuba/golf/hang gliding/etc, or to be 'cultural' and spent it on the tickets to attend various live performances (Plays/Operas/Concerts/Improv), etc….or even to bank the money to allow retirement by age 60…or even 55, or earlier still.

-hh

KDT

Nov 21, 2013, 6:41:24 AM11/21/13
If you believe the statistics cited by the "Millionaire Next Door", people who have money spend less on cars than people with less money.

So buying an expensive car is not necessarily an indication of wealth.

-hh

Nov 21, 2013, 9:25:17 AM11/21/13
On Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:41:24 AM UTC-5, KDT wrote:
> If you believe the statistics cited by the "Millionaire
> Next Door", people who have money spend less on cars than
> people with less money.

"Eighty-six percent of 'prestige/luxury' cars are bought by non-millionaires."

<http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2011/02/09/nine-lessons-in-wealth-building-from-the-millionaire-next-door/>

> So buying an expensive car is not necessarily an indication of wealth.

Which is why I said that it is only one possible metric of many. For example, an interest in flying in even a smaller bird like either of these two would set you back over $500K at retail new today:

<http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2006/tanzania/210_refill(4722).jpg>
<http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2008/tanzania/A80_20081120_8782.jpg>

Sorry, plush leather interiors or other 'lux' amenities aren't included. Nor the advanced avionics set, for that matter.

-hh

ed

Nov 21, 2013, 11:38:05 AM11/21/13
On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:07:23 PM UTC-8, -hh wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:34:26 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:
> > Eh. If one earned the money for the car, it's all the same in
> > terms of bragging.
>
> That's a flawed presumption, since there's no uniform baseline or context: any differentiation may be a sham.
> For example, I can recall an individual who was allegedly "affluent" enough to have an expensive [vehicle brand not important] … until it was discovered they were literally sleeping in it … and which was also why it turns out that they were showering in the company gym each morning: they had sacrificed pretty much everything financially just to have that particular vehicle. When the larger context becomes clear, does one still feel jealous? Probably not.

well, i wouldn't be jealous to begin with, but whether someone is jealous or not is not really the point of it all being the same. :P you're basically saying that it's not the same because someone sacrifices something that many others might want- which is likely the case in the your examples of bragworthy things - to run a good half marathon or complete a (nontrivial) project or pick up a new skill all require a sacrifice of time.

> Similarly, there's still the presumption of personal priorities, but there's nothing saying that a vehicle must be one's preferred vice. For example, there's no reason why one might not prefer to spend one's discretionary amount on a bigger house ...or a second or third one ... or instead of a car/SUV to have a sailboat/powerboat/airplane instead, or to be able to go participate in more cost-intensive hobbies such as skydiving/scuba/golf/hang gliding/etc, or to be 'cultural' and spent it on the tickets to attend various live performances (Plays/Operas/Concerts/Improv), etc….or even to bank the money to allow retirement by age 60…or even 55, or earlier still.

i didn't say it must be one's preferred vice- in fact, i pretty much said the opposite when i said it's all the same when it comes to bragging. :P certainly the case when compared to the examples you give above.

-hh

Nov 21, 2013, 2:37:56 PM11/21/13
On Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:38:05 AM UTC-5, ed wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:07:23 PM UTC-8, -hh wrote:
> > On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:34:26 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:
>
> > > Eh. If one earned the money for the car, it's all the same in
> > > terms of bragging.
> >
> > That's a flawed presumption, since there's no uniform baseline
> > or context: any differentiation may be a sham.
> >
> > For example, I can recall an individual who was allegedly
> > "affluent" enough to have an expensive [vehicle brand not
> > important] … until it was discovered they were literally
> > sleeping in it ... does one still feel jealous? Probably not.
>
> well, i wouldn't be jealous to begin with, but whether someone
> is jealous or not is not really the point of it all being the same.

The context was bragging, and the braggart in trying to make himself feel better (self esteem) which requires provoking a reaction in others - - the flawed logic of the braggart is that it must be a Win-Lose: they believe that they're raised by pushing others down, which is accomplished by jealousy, envy, etc.

> you're basically saying that it's not the same because
> someone sacrifices something that many others might want -
> which is likely the case in the your examples of bragworthy
> things -

Close, but not quite. Perceptions lead to assumptions, typically of an "all other factors equal" which is fraught with exceptions.

The extreme example I provided illustrated that a general assumption is that someone who has enough disposable income for a luxury SUV isn't going to be homeless, so their well-being is gaged by the luxury vehicle manifestation; that they have a house is assumed (in this case, incorrectly).

> ...to run a good half marathon or complete a (nontrivial)
> project or pick up a new skill all require a sacrifice of time.

There's that too, but I purposefully chose to keep my other 'alternative priority' examples as things which are generally more materialistic.

> > Similarly, there's still the presumption of personal priorities,
> > but there's nothing saying that a vehicle must be one's preferred
> > vice. For example, there's no reason why one might not prefer to
> > spend one's discretionary amount on a bigger house ...or a second
> > or third one ... or instead of a car/SUV to have a sailboat/
> > powerboat/airplane instead, or to be able to go participate in
> > more cost-intensive hobbies such as skydiving/scuba/golf/hang
> > gliding/etc, or to be 'cultural' and spent it on the tickets
> > to attend various live performances (Plays/Operas/Concerts/Improv),
> > etc….or even to bank the money to allow retirement by age 60…or
> > even 55, or earlier still.
>

> i didn't say it must be one's preferred vice- in fact, i pretty
> much said the opposite when i said it's all the same when it
> comes to bragging. :P certainly the case when compared to
> the examples you give above.

I think we're in agreement here ... I simply provided some concrete examples of what some of these alternative priorities for discretionary resources may be, and even here, the list is far from comprehensive. There is no secret formula that says that happiness & success is defined as the perfection of resource allocations to be: 24% household, 21% toys, 17% vacations, 14% family, 11% health, 8% arts, and 5% volunterism...even if there are societal influences which literally suggested these.

-hh

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 2:58:25 PM11/21/13
On 11-18-13 11:50 PM, -hh wrote:
> Sandman wrote:

>>> I think for the class of vehicle known as "SUV", an Audi Q7 is a
>>> long way up there in price...
>>

>> Ok, here it starts at $75K (cheaper than my sedan) with the "luxurious" air
>> suspension. I say "luxurious" because Audi's air suspension is known for
>> not handling cold very well...
>

> "In my books, I will not spend 70 grand on a car that doesn't do 0-60 in 6 secs or less."
> - Nashton, May 2011
>

> 6.9 seconds �.

Man you're quite dense.

It's an SUV, stupid.

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 3:00:40 PM11/21/13
On 11-20-13 9:41 AM, -hh wrote:
> Sandman wrote:
>> -hh wrote:

>>> "In my books, I will not spend 70 grand on a car
>>> that doesn't do 0-60 in 6 secs or less."
>>> - Nashton, May 2011
>>
>>> 6.9 seconds �.
>>
>> Yeah, as if he could even afford a $70k car :)

Well, the Sequoia ran me more than that.

And this one is way above $70000, with HST and all. Payments are
reasonable, what with putting more than half the money on a down
payment, Puff.

jaybird

Nov 21, 2013, 3:17:24 PM11/21/13

"-hh" wrote in message

On Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:38:05 AM UTC-5, ed wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:07:23 PM UTC-8, -hh wrote:
> > On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:34:26 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:
>
> > > Eh. If one earned the money for the car, it's all the same in
> > > terms of bragging.
> >
> > That's a flawed presumption, since there's no uniform baseline
> > or context: any differentiation may be a sham.
> >
> > For example, I can recall an individual who was allegedly
> > "affluent" enough to have an expensive [vehicle brand not
> > important] � until it was discovered they were literally
> > etc�.or even to bank the money to allow retirement by age 60�or
> > even 55, or earlier still.
>

> i didn't say it must be one's preferred vice- in fact, i pretty
> much said the opposite when i said it's all the same when it
> comes to bragging. :P certainly the case when compared to
> the examples you give above.

I think we're in agreement here ... I simply provided some concrete
examples of what some of these alternative priorities for
discretionary resources may be, and even here, the list is far from
comprehensive. There is no secret formula that says that happiness &
success is defined as the perfection of resource allocations to be:
24% household, 21% toys, 17% vacations, 14% family, 11% health, 8%
arts, and 5% volunterism...even if there are societal influences which
literally suggested these.

I feel faint from all that hot gas.

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 3:39:43 PM11/21/13
On 11-20-13 9:34 PM, ed wrote:
>> I think it's rather pathetic. I would
>> "brag" about something that it took
>> skill, training, and hard work to do.

Sour grapes, eh?

>> For instance, my next half marathon
>> time, a project, how great the kids
>> are doing in school, picking up a
>> skill (something beyond "installing
>> Linux","compiling the kernel", and
>> "configuring Apache", etc.)

How many lay people in informatics do you know, that can configure
Apache from the command line?

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 3:40:13 PM11/21/13
On 11-20-13 11:07 PM, -hh wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:34:26 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:
>>
>> Eh. If one earned the money for the car, it's all the same in
>> terms of bragging.

Gas bag alert.

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 3:43:14 PM11/21/13
On 11-21-13 3:37 PM, -hh wrote:
> On Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:38:05 AM UTC-5, ed wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:07:23 PM UTC-8, -hh wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:34:26 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:

More gasbaggery.

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 3:44:09 PM11/21/13
On 11-21-13 10:25 AM, -hh wrote:
> On Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:41:24 AM UTC-5, KDT wrote:
>> If you believe the statistics cited by the "Millionaire
>> Next Door", people who have money spend less on cars than
>> people with less money.
>
> "Eighty-six percent of 'prestige/luxury' cars are bought by non-millionaires."
>
> <http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2011/02/09/nine-lessons-in-wealth-building-from-the-millionaire-next-door/>
>

>> So buying an expensive car is not necessarily an indication of wealth.

Hmmm, you're probably right.

So try to buy one, see how far you get ;)

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 9:31:02 PM11/21/13
On 2013-11-18 7:35 PM, jaybird wrote:

> "Alan Baker" wrote in message
>
> On 2013-11-17 19:02:04 +0000, KDT said:
>
>> What's sad is you're bragging about a car.....
>
>> What's really sad is that he's bragging about buying a VERY EXPENSIVE
>> car...

And yet, I couldn't be happier.

-hh

Nov 21, 2013, 9:50:15 PM11/21/13
Oh, don't just go away mad: go away knowing that you have been thoroughly beaten and humiliated due to your own shortcomings

-hh

-hh

Nov 21, 2013, 10:00:22 PM11/21/13
How do you even know what I'm driving now, Braggy Boy? Or do I have no ride instead?
Or even know if I consider a car to be a higher priority than other interests?

Sure, you can try to speculate....but since some people don't blab like you do, you don't actually know.

So don't just go away mad: go away knowing that you have been thoroughly beaten and humiliated due to your own shortcomings

-hh

-hh

Nov 21, 2013, 10:05:38 PM11/21/13
Not a truck, as theres no frame ...an SUV is merely a gussied up station wagon.

But nice try there in attempting to move the Goal Posts!

-hh

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 10:13:06 PM11/21/13
On 2013-11-18 11:50 PM, -hh wrote:
> Sandman wrote:

>>> I think for the class of vehicle known as "SUV", an Audi Q7 is a
>>> long way up there in price...
>>

>> Ok, here it starts at $75K (cheaper than my sedan) with the "luxurious" air
>> suspension. I say "luxurious" because Audi's air suspension is known for
>> not handling cold very well...
>

> "In my books, I will not spend 70 grand on a car that doesn't do 0-60 in 6 secs or less."
> - Nashton, May 2011
>

> 6.9 seconds �.
>
>> Sure, Audi charges a LOT for addons so you can get that price up quite a
>> bit of course.
>

> Uh oh�he had better go really light on those options�!

Fully loaded, except for the leather options.

;)

>>> ...and so I find it hilarious that someone who argues so long and
>>> hard about how buying more expensive Apple personal computers,
>>> phones, tablets, etc. is so very willing to spend a lot more on an
>>> SUV whose job would be pretty much as well done by a Ford Explorer
>>> for about half the price.
>
> Or even with a smaller vehicle, given that half the kids are away at University and not part of the daily haul�or long term plans, hopefully. So even if he really wants to stay with Audi, there's the Q5 for ballpark $20K less�enough for a vacation decent enough to let them all go to the Vasa Museum instead of another mosquito-ridden camping trip ;-)
>

> -hh

Well, when we get there, we will want to have a vehicle that seats as
many as possible, since you're so "interested" in my kids...oh wait.

Perv.

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 10:21:07 PM11/21/13
More Sandman "math."

Base model starts at $38000, plus freight, $1700.
Navi package another $5000. Total, $44700 plus 13% HST.

For a car that drives and handles quite nicely and produces 300 HP, 0-60
in 5.5 sec.

Do you even have a clue about cars?...oh wait, you remortgaged your shed
for a...$100000...DODGE that has some...Mercedez parts...voted one of
the top ten fuggliest cars...that handles like a...boat.

LOLOL

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 10:23:21 PM11/21/13
On 2013-11-20 9:41 AM, -hh wrote:
> Sandman wrote:
>> -hh wrote:

>>> "In my books, I will not spend 70 grand on a car
>>> that doesn't do 0-60 in 6 secs or less."
>>> - Nashton, May 2011
>>
>>> 6.9 seconds �.
>>
>> Yeah, as if he could even afford a $70k car :)
>
> The 'affordability' question a sideline, IMO: he's doing something that he previously declaired that he would not do...

Really? LOL

>>> Uh oh�he had better go really light on those options�!
>>
>> Yeah, he's driving a $35k POS toy car now that he thinks
>> is a "luxury" car.
>>
>> Haha. :)
>
> For some people, what's used to boost their low self-esteem is a superficial lifestyle image that was bought with their credit card.

I just like the way she drives ;) I'm sorry I don't have a credit card,
unlike you that lives off them ;)

> -hh

Nashton

Nov 21, 2013, 10:29:47 PM11/21/13
On 2013-11-21 11:00 PM, -hh wrote:
> How do you even know what I'm driving now, Braggy Boy? Or do I have no ride instead?

So, tell us what you drive, Mr. Gasbag. Perhaps you drive a Lexus, you
know, the car Flea thinks only "Arabs" drive. Perhaps you drive a 25
year old car, like you buddy bakr?

> Or even know if I consider a car to be a higher priority than other interests?

And how can you possibly know what other things I can *afford* to spend
my money on, dufus?

> Sure, you can try to speculate....but since some people don't blab like you do, you don't actually know.

The blabbing is your specialty.

> So don't just go away mad: go away knowing that you have been thoroughly beaten and humiliated due to your own shortcomings

Hmmm, mad? Me? Just anxious to get my hands on her. The wait is a killer.

> -hh

Alan Baker

Nov 21, 2013, 10:49:06 PM11/21/13
Right.

Because you're utterly oblivious to the contradiction where you argue that people buy Macs at their higher price for the perceived snob appeal and not because they find them to be better for them to use...

...while you're buying a very expensive SUV and bragging about how it costs even more when you take into account the taxes and extras.

:-)

Sandman

Nov 22, 2013, 3:27:57 AM11/22/13
In article <l6mj32$1ut$1...@dont-email.me>, Nashton wrote:

> > -hh:
> > How do you even know what I'm driving now, Braggy Boy? Or do I
> > have no ride instead?
>
> So, tell us what you drive, Mr. Gasbag. Perhaps you drive a Lexus,
> you know, the car Flea thinks only "Arabs" drive. Perhaps you drive
> a 25 year old car, like you buddy bakr?

> > -hh:
> > Or even know if I consider a car to be a higher priority than
> > other interests?
>
> And how can you possibly know what other things I can *afford* to
> spend my money on, dufus?

We already do - you spent $35k on a low-end Nissan Maxima POS car. And
you're so poor that you had to LEASE it. Hahahaha.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Nov 22, 2013, 3:46:07 AM11/22/13
In article <l6miiq$vp1$1...@dont-email.me>, Nashton wrote:

> > Sandman:
> > Yeah, he's driving a $35k POS toy car now that he thinks is a
> > "luxury" car. Haha. :)
>
> More Sandman "math."

> Base model starts at $38000, plus freight, $1700. Navi package
> another $5000. Total, $44700 plus 13% HST.

$35k car.

> For a car that drives and handles quite nicely and produces 300 HP,
> 0-60 in 5.5 sec.

Hahahahahaha!!!!

More Nashton math again. It has a lowly 290BHP and does 0-60 in 5.7
seconds... That is one slow car. But at least you can outrun Brians gocart,
ey?

> Do you even have a clue about cars?...oh wait, you remortgaged your
> shed for a...$100000...DODGE

List price of $80k, yeah, and aftermarket parts for maybe $15k yeah.
Supercharger, tower struts front and back and a new exhaust. Pretty cheap
for a 570+ BHP 3.8 second car with room for the entire family in it.

In fact, I don't know what other car may meet those criteria and still have
weight distribution that makes it handle as good as the Charger. I bought
it as a play car, but it turned out to be much more. It's one of the most
spacious sedan's I've ever owned. It has more leg room in the front AND in
the back than the Audi Q7 and the Volvo XC90, yet packs more than twice
the performance.

It also has great traction control (thanks Mercedes) so it handles like a
dream in the snow, but that's true of the XC90... The Audi.. well, since
the air suspension will freeze it pretty much doesn't handle at all in the
snow. But then again, there's no snow where you live anyway, right?

--
Sandman[.net]

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 6:01:20 AM11/22/13
Actually, leasing was a pretty good deal. The interest happened to be
lower, at the time, than buying it, so after I put down a hefty down
payment (I didn't have to remortgage my home like you did to buy that
automotive abomination-do you notice people laughing at you as you drive
buy?), I'm actually paying a lot less than I would if I had bought it.

Dodge boy.

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 6:09:27 AM11/22/13
On 2013-11-22 4:46 AM, Sandman wrote:
> In article <l6miiq$vp1$1...@dont-email.me>, Nashton wrote:
>
>>> Sandman:
>>> Yeah, he's driving a $35k POS toy car now that he thinks is a
>>> "luxury" car. Haha. :)
>>
>> More Sandman "math."
>
>> Base model starts at $38000, plus freight, $1700. Navi package
>> another $5000. Total, $44700 plus 13% HST.
>
> $35k car.
>> For a car that drives and handles quite nicely and produces 300 HP,
>> 0-60 in 5.5 sec.
>
> Hahahahahaha!!!!
>
> More Nashton math again. It has a lowly 290BHP and does 0-60 in 5.7
> seconds... That is one slow car. But at least you can outrun Brians gocart,
> ey?
>
>> Do you even have a clue about cars?...oh wait, you remortgaged your
>> shed for a...$100000...DODGE
>
> List price of $80k, yeah, and aftermarket parts for maybe $15k yeah.
> Supercharger, tower struts front and back and a new exhaust. Pretty cheap
> for a 570+ BHP 3.8 second car with room for the entire family in it.

Well, it is a boat, so you can fit..a lot of people in it.

> In fact, I don't know what other car may meet those criteria and still have
> weight distribution that makes it handle as good as the Charger. I bought
> it as a play car, but it turned out to be much more. It's one of the most
> spacious sedan's I've ever owned. It has more leg room in the front AND in
> the back than the Audi Q7 and the Volvo XC90, yet packs more than twice
> the performance.

Well since you can't afford another car, I can see why your boat would
have to be an all rounder for you and your family.

> It also has great traction control (thanks Mercedes) so it handles like a
> dream in the snow, but that's true of the XC90... The Audi.. well, since
> the air suspension will freeze it pretty much doesn't handle at all in the
> snow. But then again, there's no snow where you live anyway, right?

A rear wheel drive that handles...like a dream in snow? Dear God, you're
as dumb as they get, aren't you?

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 6:37:53 AM11/22/13
On Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:29:47 PM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:
> On 2013-11-21 11:00 PM, -hh wrote:
>
> > How do you even know what I'm driving now, Braggy Boy? Or do I have no ride instead?
>
> So, tell us what you drive, … Perhaps… Perhaps…?

So then you're admitting that you don't know.

> > Or even know if I consider a car to be a higher priority than other interests?
>
> And how can you possibly know what other things I can *afford* to spend
> my money on, dufus?

From more leakage on your part.

For example, you've already told us that the Maxima was a lease and that you could only put ~half down on this Audi. Pretty much the only thing anyone might care about is if you had to stretch it out to one of the new seven year loans to make the payments as you said "reasonable".

> > Sure, you can try to speculate....but since some people don't
> > blab like you do, you don't actually know.
>
> The blabbing is your specialty.

Then why was it that you just admitted that you don't know? Oops.

> > So don't just go away mad: go away knowing that you have been
> > thoroughly beaten and humiliated due to your own shortcomings
>
> Hmmm, mad? Me? Just anxious to get my hands on her. The wait is a killer.

Well, you will have to come to terms with what Audis are really like to live with….and if you actually keep it more than a few years.

-hh

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 6:54:29 AM11/22/13
For clueless poseurs who have been lead believe that AWD is everything, C&D found that 2WD w/snows outperformed AWD on All-Seasons 80% of the time:

<http://www.caranddriver.com/features/winter-traction-test-what-price-traction>

Enjoy learning how to handle the front-back power transfer dynamics of Audi's Quattro system when performing what used to be simple maneuvers, such as making a sharp turn at low speed on a irregularly surfaced intersection.

-hh

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 7:21:43 AM11/22/13
On Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:23:21 PM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:
> On 2013-11-20 9:41 AM, -hh wrote:
> > Sandman wrote:

> >> Yeah, as if he could even afford a $70k car :)
> >
> > The 'affordability' question a sideline, IMO: he's doing something
> > that he previously declaired that he would not do...
>
> Really? LOL

Q7's not a truck and your claim didn't restrict car to "Sports Car".

> > For some people, what's used to boost their low self-esteem is
> > a superficial lifestyle image that was bought with their credit card.
>
> I just like the way she drives ;) I'm sorry I don't have a credit card, ...

Funny that, since you've admitted that you leased one car and financed the other.

> ... unlike you that lives off them ;)

Unsubstantiated claim, as usual. That he knows it also makes him a liar.

-hh

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 8:09:51 AM11/22/13

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
Green eyed envy rears it's ugly head.

And just think, Loser, he did it without a stipend from his mommy.

-- "One day closer to payday".
Says Alwin "Zero" Baker, rubbing his hands together and waiting for
his mommy to die.

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 8:13:24 AM11/22/13

"-hh" wrote in message

>Oh, don't just go away mad: go away knowing that you have been
>thoroughly beaten and humiliated due to your own shortcomings

Ahh, yes, the self proclaimed "winner". Or, a jealous, little raghead
without two nickels to rub together, driving a little, old Porsche.
Old "sports cars" seem to be the rage among Losers today.

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 8:16:24 AM11/22/13

"-hh" wrote in message
The "phrase of the week", "you have been thoroughly beaten and
humiliated due to your own shortcomings".

Perhaps if you write another "thesis", it will put us into a coma and
you can "win" by default, Hadeel.

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 8:19:26 AM11/22/13

"-hh" wrote in message

On Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:29:47 PM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:
> On 2013-11-21 11:00 PM, -hh wrote:
>
> > How do you even know what I'm driving now, Braggy Boy? Or do I
> > have no ride instead?
>
> So, tell us what you drive, � Perhaps� Perhaps�?

>So then you're admitting that you don't know.

> > Or even know if I consider a car to be a higher priority than
> > other interests?
>
> And how can you possibly know what other things I can *afford* to
> spend
> my money on, dufus?

>From more leakage on your part.

>For example, you've already told us that the Maxima was a lease and
>that you could only put ~half down on this Audi. Pretty much the
>only thing anyone might care about is if you had to >stretch it out
>to one of the new seven year loans to make the payments as you said
>"reasonable".

> > Sure, you can try to speculate....but since some people don't
> > blab like you do, you don't actually know.
>
> The blabbing is your specialty.

>Then why was it that you just admitted that you don't know? Oops.

> > So don't just go away mad: go away knowing that you have been
> > thoroughly beaten and humiliated due to your own shortcomings
>
> Hmmm, mad? Me? Just anxious to get my hands on her. The wait is a
> killer.

>Well, you will have to come to terms with what Audis are really like
>to live with�.and if you actually keep it more than a few years.

More advice from a no networth Bloviator. Did you put new rubber on
your bicycle yet?

-hh

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 8:22:01 AM11/22/13

"Nashton" wrote in message news:l6miiq$vp1$1...@dont-email.me...

Ever notice how these "no networth" losers are so concerned about
other peoples finances?

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 8:25:20 AM11/22/13

"Sandman" wrote in message news:slrnl8u6...@irc.sandman.net...

List price of $80k, yeah, and aftermarket parts for maybe $15k yeah.
[...]

BWAHAAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHARHARHARHARHAR - that was good. ONE SIZE
FITS ALL!! HOOT!!

Why does "The Dukes of Hazard" come to mind?

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 8:29:48 AM11/22/13

"-hh" wrote in message
Wow!!! Lessons from another "wannabe", "sports car driver". You and
Alwin would make a good team. You can call yourselves, "The Fabulous
Toadies".

FYI, Loser; Google won't make you what you're not, no matter how much
gas you put out.

KDT

Nov 22, 2013, 8:37:16 AM11/22/13
And this one is way above $70000, with HST and all. Payments are
reasonable, what with putting more than half the money on a down
------
The truly wealthy or affluent wouldn't brag about making "payments " on a car. They would pay cash......

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 8:37:35 AM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 8:19:26 AM UTC-5, jaybird wrote:

> Did you put new rubber on your bicycle yet?

I have a bicycle? Cite, please.

-hh

KDT

Nov 22, 2013, 8:40:26 AM11/22/13
For example, you've already told us that the Maxima was a lease and that you could only put ~half down on this Audi. Pretty much the only thing anyone might care about is if you had to stretch it out to one of the new seven year loans to make the payments as you said "reasonable".
-----
You mean he actually brags about *leasing* an expensive car? Any lower middle income person can stretch and get a low mileage lease for car. He's even more pathetic than I thought.

KDT

Nov 22, 2013, 8:46:53 AM11/22/13
Eh. If one earned the money for the car, it's all the same in terms of bragging. With the exception of kids, which is more pathetic as you're resorting to bragging on someone else's accomplishments. :P
-----
It's even worse, he already admitted leasing one car and now he's "making reasonable payments" on this one - which may very well be a lease. Does that sound like someone with great wealth? How many of the truly affluent would borrow money to buy a car or even worse, lease one?

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 8:55:00 AM11/22/13
On 2013-11-22 9:09 AM, jaybird wrote:

> "Alan Baker" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:31:02 PM UTC-8, Nashton wrote:
>> On 2013-11-18 7:35 PM, jaybird wrote:
>>

>> > "Alan Baker" wrote in message

>> EXPENSIVE

>> And yet, I couldn't be happier.
>
>> Right.
>
>> Because you're utterly oblivious to the contradiction where you argue
>> that people buy Macs at their higher price for the perceived snob
>> appeal and not because they find them to be >better for them to use...

People buy Macs because they get hopelessly suckered into some marketing
induced snob appeal, that is based on nothing but fiction. There is
nothing in a Mac that makes it more compelling to purchase, if it
weren't marketing.

People buy luxury cars because they are *truly* comprised of better
components, are safer, provide safety features absent from massed
produced automobiles and in the case of the particular SUV I will be
buying, provide exceptional gas mileage.

>> ...while you're buying a very expensive SUV and bragging about how it
>> costs even more when you take into account the taxes and extras.

I'm all about accuracy. And don't worry, you'll see pics of it soon enough.

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 8:55:14 AM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 8:29:48 AM UTC-5, jaybird wrote:
> "-hh" wrote in message
> >
> ><http://www.caranddriver.com/features/winter-traction-test-what-price-traction>
>
> > Enjoy learning how to handle the front-back power
> > transfer dynamics of Audi's Quattro system when
> > performing what used to be simple maneuvers, such
> > as making a sharp turn at low speed on a irregularly
> > surfaced intersection.
>
> Wow!!! Lessons from another "wannabe", "sports car driver".

So I'm now a 'Sports Car Driver' too? Cite please.

> FYI, Loser; Google won't make you what you're not, no
> matter how much gas you put out.

Sorry to disappoint: I was merely providing a reference to someone who actually did a controlled test. With 4WD, you may have 4 wheel 'go', but everyone has 4 wheel 'stop'.

-hh

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 9:07:53 AM11/22/13
On 2013-11-17 2:33 PM, Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:50:20 PM UTC-6, Nashton wrote:
>> Sequoia a little over 5 years old. Kids off to school and most of them
>>
>> live in the same city in Nova Scotia.
>>

>> Negotiating for a Q7 Premium TDI, with air suspension package.
>>

>> Still seats up to six (two of my teenagers in the back) and is a fine
>>
>> automobile to drive, what with the Quatro.
>>

>> I won't have to plastdip this one, as it comes the way I want it.
>>

>> I'll have news soon, for whomever is interested, *with* pics.
>
> You're trying to brag on sh*t you're buying?
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~fretwizz/Playlist/multiplayer.html
>
> I just put a link to this in COLA for Snit, who apparently had an issue with getting it running. The first 3 tunes are my sons when they were ages 14 (basses) and 17 (saxes); the bassist had gone bowling the night before and trashed his thumb so the tunes couldn't all be performed as 1 takes without overdubs (only Spain, others were 1st takes, no dubs). Yes, I taught them how to play and in my opinion this kind of 'bragging right' far exceeds any material BS out there.
>
> (cue up a newsgroup fathead doing his thing)

You should be proud of how well your kids play, especially jazz.
Personally, I don't live vicariously through my kids, even though they
are all excelling in Uni. Next one to graduate will be an audiologist
with dreams of pursuing her doctorate in the US. I'm proud of them but
they don't procure any bragging rights to me.

..you really ought to get some psychological help for your obsession
with Snit.
It's been close to a decade now.

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 9:10:50 AM11/22/13

"KDT" wrote in message
You wouldn't know what a wealthy man would do, Karl. You should STFU,
you won't seem as stupid as you are.

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 9:15:07 AM11/22/13
Oh, I will enjoy it alright as I'm no stranger to 4Wd having owned a
Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD in the past and am a current owner of a 4wd
Sequoia Plat with LSD, that can drive through 12 inches of snow at 60
mph as if it weren't there.

And then, there's the nasty question of *clearance*.

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 9:19:49 AM11/22/13

"-hh" wrote in message

On Friday, November 22, 2013 8:29:48 AM UTC-5, jaybird wrote:
> "-hh" wrote in message
> >
> ><http://www.caranddriver.com/features/winter-traction-test-what-price-traction>
>
> > Enjoy learning how to handle the front-back power
> > transfer dynamics of Audi's Quattro system when
> > performing what used to be simple maneuvers, such
> > as making a sharp turn at low speed on a irregularly
> > surfaced intersection.
>
> Wow!!! Lessons from another "wannabe", "sports car driver".

>So I'm now a 'Sports Car Driver' too? Cite please.

The pics you provided. Who was the fat lady? Did she sing to you?

> FYI, Loser; Google won't make you what you're not, no
> matter how much gas you put out.

>Sorry to disappoint: I was merely providing a reference to someone
>who actually did a controlled test. With 4WD, you may have 4 wheel
>'go', but everyone has 4 wheel 'stop'.

Do us a favor and STFU. Your observations and platitudes are just
total bullshit. A waste of read time.

It's sad that you like to hear yourself bloviate. You are your own
best audience. It shows an insecure, Alwin- like personality.
Bloviators of a feather, so to speak.

I hope you put in as much effort at your job of cleaning public
toilets, as you do here, Hadeem.

Would you like me to send a gift certificate to the local homeless
shelter for a thanksgiving meal for you? Just say the word.

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 9:22:44 AM11/22/13

"KDT" wrote in message
What is even worse; you don't know WTF you're babbling about, Karl.

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 9:28:30 AM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 8:37:16 AM UTC-5, KDT wrote:
> Nashton wrote:
> And this one is way above $70000, with HST and all.
> Payments are reasonable, what with putting more than
> > half the money on a down
>
> The truly wealthy or affluent wouldn't brag about
> making "payments" on a car.

That 'payments' term is a clear indicator cue.

> They would pay cash...

Usually, but not necessarily universally so: it generally comes down to assessing what the bottom line value is.

For example, I recall that a few years ago, Audi had some sort of promotion where there was a 'bonus' rebate which was only available if one took the OEM financing. As such, what was cheaper than paying cash upfront was to accept the financing at time of purchase and then six months later, paying off the car.

The difference comes down to looking beyond merely the 'monthly payment' paradigm.

-hh

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 9:28:41 AM11/22/13
Sorry to disappoint, but while you jumped in the discussion to defend
your hillbilly pal armed with nothing but arguments from some stupid
journalist from one of the worst car mags, we weren't even talking about
front wheel drive cars, bit discussing his claim about how his FUGLY
BOAT drives "like a dream" in the snow, being a rear wheel drive. Did
you miss that, gas bag?

As for your contention that everyone has a 4 wheel stop, a FWD is more
about active safety than passive safety. There's also the issue of
oversteer, which is far more prevalent in front wheel drives than FWD in
rain, ice and snow. There's also the question of terrain. My Sequoia can
go up a snowy hill with my studded Copper Discoverers as if there were
no snow. There is *nothing* that beats a FWD in the ever changing road
conditions in this part of the country, where you can be driving in the
rain in the morning and returning in a blizzard at night.
And then, there is also the issue of shear mass of an SUV. If I ever
collide with wildlife, especially moose, I *want* to be driving an
effing HUGE tall SUV and not dinky VW that would obliterate all its
occupants in a fraction of a second.

Gasbag.

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 9:42:48 AM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 9:19:49 AM UTC-5, jaybird wrote:
> "-hh" wrote in message
> > jaybird wrote:
>> > Wow!!! Lessons from another "wannabe", "sports car driver".
>
> >So I'm now a 'Sports Car Driver' too? Cite please.
>
> The pics you provided. Who was the fat lady?
> Did she sing to you?

Oh, you're referring again to the pic from December 2005 - but that's a 2006 Cayman during its intial introduction in the USA market, which not some supposedly ancient old Porsche that you were yammering about before.

So which of your claims is correct?
And...Cite Please!

> > Sorry to disappoint: I was merely providing a
> > reference to someone who actually did a controlled
> > test. With 4WD, you may have 4 wheel 'go', but
> > everyone has 4 wheel 'stop'.
>
> Do us a favor and STFU.

Oh, don't just go away merely mad: go away knowing that you have been thoroughly beaten and humiliated due to your own shortcomings. ;-)

-hh

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 10:01:39 AM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 9:28:41 AM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:

> [...]
>
> > Sorry to disappoint: I was merely providing a
> > reference to someone who actually did a controlled
> > test. With 4WD, you may have 4 wheel 'go', but
> > everyone has 4 wheel 'stop'.
>
> Sorry to disappoint, but while you jumped in
> the discussion to defend your hillbilly pal
> armed with nothing but arguments from some stupid
> journalist from one of the worst car mags, ...

Hey kids, look! Nicolas has executed a classial "Shoot The Messenger" because he can't dispute the data.

> ...we weren't even talking about
> front wheel drive cars, bit discussing his claim
> about how his FUGLY BOAT drives "like a dream"
> in the snow, being a rear wheel drive. Did
> you miss that, gas bag?

FYI, you missed how in the C&D test, they tested a Mercedes RWD.

> As for your contention that everyone has a
> 4 wheel stop, a FWD is ...

Golly, where did these FWD "Goal Posts" suddenly come from?

> ...My Sequoia can go up a snowy hill with my
> studded Copper Discoverers as if there were
> no snow. There is *nothing* that beats a FWD
> in the ever changing road conditions in this
> part of the country,...

Not even your Sequoia (which you just bragged about? :-)

> If I ever collide with wildlife, especially moose,
> I *want* to be driving an effing HUGE tall SUV
> and not dinky VW that would obliterate all its
> occupants in a fraction of a second.

Hint: Audi is a division of Volkswagon.

Hint: the Q7 and the VW Tourag both use the PL71 platform.

Hint: they're both assembled at the VW Bratislava Plant in Slovakia

-hh

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 10:11:48 AM11/22/13

"-hh" wrote in message

On Friday, November 22, 2013 9:19:49 AM UTC-5, jaybird wrote:
> "-hh" wrote in message
> > jaybird wrote:
>> > Wow!!! Lessons from another "wannabe", "sports car driver".
>
> >So I'm now a 'Sports Car Driver' too? Cite please.
>
> The pics you provided. Who was the fat lady?
> Did she sing to you?

>Oh, you're referring again to the pic from December 2005 - but that's
>a 2006 Cayman during its intial introduction in the USA market, which
>not some supposedly ancient old Porsche that >you were yammering
>about before.

>So which of your claims is correct?
>And...Cite Please!

Your answer first; who was the fat lady?

> > Sorry to disappoint: I was merely providing a
> > reference to someone who actually did a controlled
> > test. With 4WD, you may have 4 wheel 'go', but
> > everyone has 4 wheel 'stop'.
>
> Do us a favor and STFU.

>Oh, don't just go away merely mad: go away knowing that you have
>been thoroughly beaten and humiliated due to your own shortcomings.
>;-)

Another self-proclaimed win!!!! The easiest person to fool is
yourself, Hadeel. It seems you do it often.

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 10:14:12 AM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 9:15:07 AM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:
> On 2013-11-22 7:54 AM, -hh wrote:
> >
> > Enjoy learning how to handle the front-back
> > power transfer dynamics of Audi's Quattro
> > system when performing what used to be simple
> > maneuvers, such as making a sharp turn at
> > low speed on a irregularly surfaced intersection.
>
> Oh, I will enjoy it alright as I'm no stranger
> to 4Wd having owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD
> in the past and am a current owner of a 4wd
> Sequoia Plat with LSD...

Neither of which employed Quattro(TM) hardware.

Of course, since you have no engineering background, you can *try* to assume that "All 4WD Systems Are The Same" ...

-hh

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 10:14:50 AM11/22/13

"-hh" wrote in message

My goodness - another "thesis". Seems as if Nash has got your panties
all tied up in knots!

Perhaps if you keep parroting on and on, and blowing ever more gas,
your platitudes will become true. But I don't think so.

Sandman

Nov 22, 2013, 10:15:19 AM11/22/13
In article <l6ndhn$p6q$1...@dont-email.me>, Nashton wrote:

> > > Nashton:
> > > And how can you possibly know what other things I can *afford*
> > > to spend my money on, dufus?
> >
> > Sandman:
> > We already do - you spent $35k on a low-end Nissan Maxima POS car.
> > And you're so poor that you had to LEASE it. Hahahaha.
>
> Actually, leasing was a pretty good deal. The interest happened to
> be lower, at the time, than buying it, so after I put down a hefty
> down payment (I didn't have to remortgage my home like you did to
> buy that automotive abomination-do you notice people laughing at you
> as you drive buy?), I'm actually paying a lot less than I would if I
> had bought it.

Hahahahahaha! Nashton thinks that his car became CHEAPER by LENDING money
to buy it - yes, his bank actually subsidized the car for him!

Damn, you're clueless!

And just for your information, I don't HAVE a mortage on my house, nor do I
lease my cars.

But that may change, we're thinking about building a house on the
countryside, and I imagine we'll take a loan when we do :-D

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Nov 22, 2013, 10:18:12 AM11/22/13
In article <l6ne0u$rpk$1...@dont-email.me>, Nashton wrote:

> > > Nashton:
> > > Do you even have a clue about cars?...oh wait, you remortgaged
> > > your shed for a...$100000...DODGE
> >
> > Sandman:
> > List price of $80k, yeah, and aftermarket parts for maybe $15k
> > yeah. Supercharger, tower struts front and back and a new exhaust.
> > Pretty cheap for a 570+ BHP 3.8 second car with room for the
> > entire family in it.
>
> Well, it is a boat, so you can fit..a lot of people in it.

Five adults as tall as me without a problem, yes.

> > Sandman:
> > In fact, I don't know what other car may meet those criteria and
> > still have weight distribution that makes it handle as good as the
> > Charger. I bought it as a play car, but it turned out to be much
> > more. It's one of the most spacious sedan's I've ever owned. It
> > has more leg room in the front AND in the back than the Audi Q7
> > and the Volvo XC90, yet packs more than twice the performance.
>
> Well since you can't afford another car, I can see why your boat
> would have to be an all rounder for you and your family.

I own four cars, Nashton. The Dodge is just my everyday car. :-D

> > Sandman:
> > It also has great traction control (thanks Mercedes) so it handles
> > like a dream in the snow, but that's true of the XC90... The
> > Audi.. well, since the air suspension will freeze it pretty much
> > doesn't handle at all in the snow. But then again, there's no snow
> > where you live anyway, right?
>
> A rear wheel drive that handles...like a dream in snow? Dear God,
> you're as dumb as they get, aren't you?

A real wheel drive car with 580BHP that handles like a dream in snow, yes.
I was as amazed as anyone the first winter. Don't think it skidded even
once with the TC turned on. They did a really good job there, Mercedes.

You're lucky you don't have any snow where you live.

--
Sandman[.net]

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 10:19:49 AM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 10:11:48 AM UTC-5, jaybird wrote:
> "-hh" wrote in message
> > jaybird wrote:
>
> >> The pics you provided. Who was the fat lady?
> >> Did she sing to you?
>
> > Oh, you're referring again to the pic from December
> > 2005 - but that's a 2006 Cayman during its intial
> > introduction in the USA market, which [is] not some
> > supposedly ancient old Porsche that you were yammering
> >about before.
> >
> >So which of your claims is correct?
> >And...Cite Please!
>
> Your answer first; who was the fat lady?

Are you claiming that I even know who that is? ;-)

Sorry, but you made your claims without an additional information prequisites, and so you will have to continue to work (well, try to!).

> >> Do us a favor and STFU.
>
> > Oh, don't just go away merely mad: go away
> > knowing that you have been thoroughly beaten
> > and humiliated due to your own shortcomings.
> > ;-)
>
> Another self-proclaimed win!!!!

Merely pointing out that your failures were self-imposed...again.

-hh

fretw...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2013, 10:41:30 AM11/22/13
I am proud of my kids. I speak well of them to undo the damage Snit has done when he quotes me out of context saying my kids pick fights and they learned this from me.

> ..you really ought to get some psychological help for your obsession
>
> with Snit.
>
> It's been close to a decade now.

He started it and to this day he is still running around lying about me cheating on my wife, forging my name and lying about me every day. I have to teach him that when he starts things there are going to be people willing to end them. He is the one who asked me to point out his lies so I am doing him a favor.

Evil only happens if good people let it. By taking no side you are siding with Snit and his crap. If you do not like reading about it then kill file us both.

fretw...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2013, 10:43:33 AM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 2:07:53 PM UTC, Nashton wrote:
I am proud of my kids. I speak well of them to undo the damage Snit has done when he quotes me out of context saying my kids pick fights and they learned this from me.

> ..you really ought to get some psychological help for your obsession
>
> with Snit.
>
> It's been close to a decade now.

Steve Carroll

Nov 22, 2013, 10:45:56 AM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 2:07:53 PM UTC, Nashton wrote:
I am proud of my kids. I speak well of them to undo the damage Snit has done when he quotes me out of context saying my kids pick fights and they learned this from me.

> ..you really ought to get some psychological help for your obsession
>
> with Snit.
>
> It's been close to a decade now.

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 10:59:52 AM11/22/13
On 2013-11-22 11:01 AM, -hh wrote:

>> [...]
>>
>>> Sorry to disappoint: I was merely providing a
>>> reference to someone who actually did a controlled
>>> test. With 4WD, you may have 4 wheel 'go', but
>>> everyone has 4 wheel 'stop'.
>>
>> Sorry to disappoint, but while you jumped in
>> the discussion to defend your hillbilly pal
>> armed with nothing but arguments from some stupid
>> journalist from one of the worst car mags, ...
>
> Hey kids, look! Nicolas has executed a classial "Shoot The Messenger" because he can't dispute the data.

What data, you bloviating biatch?

LOL

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 11:27:55 AM11/22/13
On 2013-11-22 11:15 AM, Sandman wrote:

>>> Sandman:
>>> We already do - you spent $35k on a low-end Nissan Maxima POS car.
>>> And you're so poor that you had to LEASE it. Hahahaha.
>>
>> Actually, leasing was a pretty good deal. The interest happened to
>> be lower, at the time, than buying it, so after I put down a hefty
>> down payment (I didn't have to remortgage my home like you did to
>> buy that automotive abomination-do you notice people laughing at you
>> as you drive buy?), I'm actually paying a lot less than I would if I
>> had bought it.
>
> Hahahahahaha! Nashton thinks that his car became CHEAPER by LENDING money
> to buy it - yes, his bank actually subsidized the car for him!

Let's see. 0.9 % on $25000 is pretty cheap, (actually around $675 on a 3
year loan and this included my buy back-which I also negotiated at .9%)
plus I get to keep my money in investments that make more money (heck, a
savings account on 3 years will yield close to 2%).
Investing, you ought to try it someday...

> Damn, you're clueless!
>
> And just for your information, I don't HAVE a mortage on my house, nor do I
> lease my cars.

I don't have a mortgage on my house either, the sale of the previous one
plus my cash paid for it.

> But that may change, we're thinking about building a house on the
> countryside, and I imagine we'll take a loan when we do :-D

I imagine you'll have to sell your boat to be able to afford it.

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 11:41:09 AM11/22/13

"-hh" wrote in message

On Friday, November 22, 2013 10:11:48 AM UTC-5, jaybird wrote:
> "-hh" wrote in message
> > jaybird wrote:
>
> >> The pics you provided. Who was the fat lady?
> >> Did she sing to you?
>
> > Oh, you're referring again to the pic from December
> > 2005 - but that's a 2006 Cayman during its intial
> > introduction in the USA market, which [is] not some
> > supposedly ancient old Porsche that you were yammering
> >about before.
> >
> >So which of your claims is correct?
> >And...Cite Please!
>
> Your answer first; who was the fat lady?

>Are you claiming that I even know who that is? ;-)

It was your car and your pic, and you knew which one I was speaking
about. "Selective amnesia".

>Sorry, but you made your claims without an additional information
>prequisites, and so you will have to continue to work (well, try
>to!).

> >> Do us a favor and STFU.
>
> > Oh, don't just go away merely mad: go away
> > knowing that you have been thoroughly beaten
> > and humiliated due to your own shortcomings.
> > ;-)
>
> Another self-proclaimed win!!!!

>Merely pointing out that your failures were self-imposed...again.

Another self proclaimed win..again!!

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 11:45:23 AM11/22/13
On 2013-11-22 11:14 AM, -hh wrote:
> On Friday, November 22, 2013 9:15:07 AM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:
>> On 2013-11-22 7:54 AM, -hh wrote:
>>>
>>> Enjoy learning how to handle the front-back
>>> power transfer dynamics of Audi's Quattro
>>> system when performing what used to be simple
>>> maneuvers, such as making a sharp turn at
>>> low speed on a irregularly surfaced intersection.
>>
>> Oh, I will enjoy it alright as I'm no stranger
>> to 4Wd having owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD
>> in the past and am a current owner of a 4wd
>> Sequoia Plat with LSD...
>
> Neither of which employed Quattro(TM) hardware.

You will now explain why I will be at a disadvantage while making a
sharp turn. You really have no clue, do you? I'm waiting.

> Of course, since you have no engineering background, you can *try* to assume that "All 4WD Systems Are The Same" ...

I know more about it than you, I can assure you.

> -hh

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 11:49:02 AM11/22/13

"Sandman" wrote in message news:slrnl8ut...@irc.sandman.net...

In article <l6ne0u$rpk$1...@dont-email.me>, Nashton wrote:

> > > Nashton:
> > > Do you even have a clue about cars?...oh wait, you remortgaged
> > > your shed for a...$100000...DODGE
> >
> > Sandman:
> > List price of $80k, yeah, and aftermarket parts for maybe $15k
> > yeah. Supercharger, tower struts front and back and a new exhaust.
> > Pretty cheap for a 570+ BHP 3.8 second car with room for the
> > entire family in it.
>
> Well, it is a boat, so you can fit..a lot of people in it.

>Five adults as tall as me without a problem, yes.

> > Sandman:
> > In fact, I don't know what other car may meet those criteria and
> > still have weight distribution that makes it handle as good as the
> > Charger. I bought it as a play car, but it turned out to be much
> > more. It's one of the most spacious sedan's I've ever owned. It
> > has more leg room in the front AND in the back than the Audi Q7
> > and the Volvo XC90, yet packs more than twice the performance.
>
> Well since you can't afford another car, I can see why your boat
> would have to be an all rounder for you and your family.

>I own four cars, Nashton. The Dodge is just my everyday car. :-D

BWAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHARHARHARHARHAR - this gets better in the
telling!!!

> > Sandman:
> > It also has great traction control (thanks Mercedes) so it handles
> > like a dream in the snow, but that's true of the XC90... The
> > Audi.. well, since the air suspension will freeze it pretty much
> > doesn't handle at all in the snow. But then again, there's no snow
> > where you live anyway, right?
>
> A rear wheel drive that handles...like a dream in snow? Dear God,
> you're as dumb as they get, aren't you?

>A real wheel drive car with 580BHP that handles like a dream in snow,
>yes.

MOOHOOHOOHAAHAAHARHARHARHAR!!! STOP, STOP IT - YER KILLIN ME!!

>I was as amazed as anyone the first winter. Don't think it skidded
>even
>once with the TC turned on. They did a really good job there,
>Mercedes.

HOOT!!!! Try not to kid yourself, it's not a Mercedes by any long
stretch. It's a BIG UGLY BOAT, that handles just like a big scow. A
bus out- handles it.

jaybird

Nov 22, 2013, 11:52:39 AM11/22/13

"Sandman" wrote in message news:slrnl8ut...@irc.sandman.net...

In article <l6ndhn$p6q$1...@dont-email.me>, Nashton wrote:

> > > Nashton:
> > > And how can you possibly know what other things I can *afford*
> > > to spend my money on, dufus?
> >
> > Sandman:
> > We already do - you spent $35k on a low-end Nissan Maxima POS car.
> > And you're so poor that you had to LEASE it. Hahahaha.
>
> Actually, leasing was a pretty good deal. The interest happened to
> be lower, at the time, than buying it, so after I put down a hefty
> down payment (I didn't have to remortgage my home like you did to
> buy that automotive abomination-do you notice people laughing at you
> as you drive buy?), I'm actually paying a lot less than I would if I
> had bought it.

>Hahahahahaha! Nashton thinks that his car became CHEAPER by LENDING
>money
>to buy it - yes, his bank actually subsidized the car for him!

>Damn, you're clueless!

>And just for your information, I don't HAVE a mortage on my house,
>nor do I
>lease my cars.

HOOT!!! STOP - STOP -

>But that may change, we're thinking about building a house on the
>countryside, and I imagine we'll take a loan when we do :-D

If the hovel you live in, and the office in the slums you work out of,
are any indication - you're blowing smoke up your own ass.

It's amazing how all you zero net worth shills, bullshit so much about
the cash you don't have.

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 12:01:37 PM11/22/13
On Friday, November 22, 2013 11:45:23 AM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:
> On 2013-11-22 11:14 AM, -hh wrote:

> >> Oh, I will enjoy it alright as I'm no stranger
> >> to 4Wd having owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD
> >> in the past and am a current owner of a 4wd
> >> Sequoia Plat with LSD...
> >
> > Neither of which employed Quattro(TM) hardware.
>
> You will now explain why I will be at a disadvantage
> while making a sharp turn...I'm waiting.

Reading comprehension 101: I didn't say "disadvantage".

> > Of course, since you have no engineering background,
> > you can *try* to assume that "All 4WD Systems Are
> > The Same" ...
>
> I know more about it than you, I can assure you.

As this is evidently your first Audi, your ignorance is understandable. Good luck.

-hh

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 12:14:38 PM11/22/13
On 2013-11-22 11:18 AM, Sandman wrote:

>>> Sandman:
>>> List price of $80k, yeah, and aftermarket parts for maybe $15k
>>> yeah. Supercharger, tower struts front and back and a new exhaust.
>>> Pretty cheap for a 570+ BHP 3.8 second car with room for the
>>> entire family in it.
>>
>> Well, it is a boat, so you can fit..a lot of people in it.
>
> Five adults as tall as me without a problem, yes.

Ever heard of a ...mini-van? It would look a lot nicer. LOL

>>> Sandman:
>>> In fact, I don't know what other car may meet those criteria and
>>> still have weight distribution that makes it handle as good as the
>>> Charger. I bought it as a play car, but it turned out to be much
>>> more. It's one of the most spacious sedan's I've ever owned. It
>>> has more leg room in the front AND in the back than the Audi Q7
>>> and the Volvo XC90, yet packs more than twice the performance.
>>
>> Well since you can't afford another car, I can see why your boat
>> would have to be an all rounder for you and your family.
>
> I own four cars, Nashton. The Dodge is just my everyday car. :-D

So the rest of them are all...2 seaters?
Keep on talking..

>>> Sandman:
>>> It also has great traction control (thanks Mercedes) so it handles
>>> like a dream in the snow, but that's true of the XC90... The
>>> Audi.. well, since the air suspension will freeze it pretty much
>>> doesn't handle at all in the snow. But then again, there's no snow
>>> where you live anyway, right?
>>
>> A rear wheel drive that handles...like a dream in snow? Dear God,
>> you're as dumb as they get, aren't you?
>
> A real wheel drive car with 580BHP that handles like a dream in snow, yes.

BHP has nothing to do with how well it handles. If anything, it can make
you spin like a top before you can blink..
Keep on talking...

> I was as amazed as anyone the first winter. Don't think it skidded even
> once with the TC turned on. They did a really good job there, Mercedes.

Perhaps you should have waited:

http://www.examiner.com/article/2013-dodge-charger-awd-sport-not-a-snow-plow-but-close

"I have both (Magnums) and there is no comparison between RWD and AWD in
winter! The AWD NEVER loses traction. I drive all over the northern part
of WA state, across mountain passes, etc and it hasn't let me down--all
season tires. I have heard that should I put snow tires on, it is an
unstoppable tank. I know of a local with RWD that swears by Blizzaks, he
says you need to pay attention but traction is great.
The AWD responds a bit slower with the power split, but its predictable.
Cornering is sure and you take about a 2 mpg mileage hit. Now, the 09+
are different since it disengages the AWD over 45 degrees and no
rain--so with those you can have both worlds in one!"

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f77/whos-had-both-rwd-awd-charger-276244/

> You're lucky you don't have any snow where you live.

Advertising how CLUELESS you really are:

http://www.weatherstats.ca/winners.html?29

Look for Bathurst, Campbellton and Moncton.

I don't know what kind of snow you get in your part of the world, but
I'd be surprised if it was half as much as we get here.

-hh

Nov 22, 2013, 12:15:24 PM11/22/13
jaybird wrote:
> "-hh" wrote in message
> > jaybird wrote:
> > > Your answer first; who was the fat lady?
> >Are you claiming that I even know who that is? ;-)
>
> It was your car ...

It was?

> ... and your pic...

You sure? Does it have my usual copyright mark on it?

> ...and you knew which one I was speaking
> about. "Selective amnesia".

Sorry, but if you referring to this pic:

<http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2011/bb-996-fc2.jpg>

..there ain't no 'fat lady' present per your first statement.

And even here, what do you really know, versus assume? Besides, a 996 isn't an "ancient" vehicle either. If you want ancient, figure more like this:

<http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2011/72_Pantera-interior.jpg>

Or this:
<http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2002/germany/classic1.jpg>

Or this:
<http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2007/germany/land_speed(6964)r.jpg>

Or even this:
<http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2007/germany/300sl_gullwing-2.jpg>

...so are you now going to claim that some of my cars have been loaned out to museums? ;-)

-hh

Nashton

Nov 22, 2013, 12:18:30 PM11/22/13
On 2013-11-22 1:01 PM, -hh wrote:
> On Friday, November 22, 2013 11:45:23 AM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:

>>> Neither of which employed Quattro(TM) hardware.
>>
>> You will now explain why I will be at a disadvantage
>> while making a sharp turn...I'm waiting.
>
> Reading comprehension 101: I didn't say "disadvantage".\

Evasive maneuvers I see. What was the point of you mentioning that I
ought to enjoy the characteristics of quattro systems?

So, explain what the differences are and how I will have to overcome the
learning curve of negotiating sharp turns with a quattro?

>>> Of course, since you have no engineering background,
>>> you can *try* to assume that "All 4WD Systems Are
>>> The Same" ...
>>
>> I know more about it than you, I can assure you.
>
> As this is evidently your first Audi, your ignorance is understandable. Good luck.

Yes, in fact it is. So let's hear it, what is the tremendous difference
between an LSD and quattro, in the sense that I will have to overcome?

> -hh

KDT

Nov 22, 2013, 12:25:19 PM11/22/13
Let's see. 0.9 % on $25000 is pretty cheap, (actually around $675 on a 3
year loan and this included my buy back-which I also negotiated at .9%)
plus I get to keep my money in investments that make more money (heck, a
savings account on 3 years will yield close to 2%).
Investing, you ought to try it someday...
------
So you're bragging about paying $675 a month for a leased car? Any middle class bloke could afford that. I bet it was some low mileage lease with 10000 miles a year. I drive more miles than that in 6 months.

How many dumb things can you do at once just buying....uhhhhh..,,,leasing a car.?

Alan Baker

Nov 22, 2013, 12:27:13 PM11/22/13
1. You're so worked up you haven't realized you've used "FWD" (normally
short for "front wheel drive") when you mean "4WD"

2. My Miata goes up snowy (and icy) hills all the time with wide summer
tires on. No one who really understands winter driving thinks it very
impressive that ANY car with studded tires can do it.

> And then, there is also the issue of shear mass of an SUV. If I ever
> collide with wildlife, especially moose, I *want* to be driving an
> effing HUGE tall SUV and not dinky VW that would obliterate all its
> occupants in a fraction of a second.

I have this much better idea: don't collide with things.

Alan Baker

Nov 22, 2013, 12:29:44 PM11/22/13
On 2013-11-22 13:09:51 +0000, jaybird said:

> "Alan Baker" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:31:02 PM UTC-8, Nashton wrote:
>> On 2013-11-18 7:35 PM, jaybird wrote:
>>

>>> "Alan Baker" wrote in message

>> And yet, I couldn't be happier.
>
>> Right.
>
>> Because you're utterly oblivious to the contradiction where you argue
>> that people buy Macs at their higher price for the perceived snob
>> appeal and not because they find them to be >better for them to use...
>
>> ...while you're buying a very expensive SUV and bragging about how it
>> costs even more when you take into account the taxes and extras.
>
> Green eyed envy rears it's ugly head.

LOL

> And just think, Loser, he did it without a stipend from his mommy.

Good for him!

David Fritzinger

Nov 22, 2013, 12:33:13 PM11/22/13
Naston, are you using the abbreviation FWD to mean Four Wheel Drive or
Front Wheel Drive? The generally accepted meaning of FWD is Front Wheel
Drive.

> There's also the issue of
> oversteer, which is far more prevalent in front wheel drives than FWD in
> rain, ice and snow.

Again, please use the accepted meaning of the abbreviation FWD. Four
Wheel Drive is usually abbreviated as 4WD or AWD (for All Wheel Drive).

Also, I would like to see your source that oversteer is more prevalent
with FWD cars. Last I saw, unless you completely back off the throttle
in a turn, most FWD cars will understeer (e.g. plow). Has to do with the
front wheels handling both the steering and power, and the usual weight
bias of FWD cars to the front.
It is loading more messages.