Hitachi MB-6890 Technical info

Robert Justice

Mar 14, 2011, 1:36:49 AM3/14/11
I'm looking for some technical info for the Hitachi MB-6890 Level3
computer. I have a Level 3 Basic manual which describes some of it,
but its more of a users manual. I'm after something that would
describe pinouts of the connectors, and a schematic diagram would be
very useful.

There is really not much info on the net that i can find on this.
Seems like it was sold mostly in Japan. The one I have is in
Australia. I know that they marketed it here in Australia as the
'Peach'.

If any body has any info on this they could send me, that would be
appreciated.

thanks
Rob

rus...@internode.on.net

Feb 23, 2015, 3:11:27 AM2/23/15
I designed many add-on cards for the peach in my teenage years. I still have some info on it.
I'm a bit late to the party, so contact me if i can be of assistance.
Message has been deleted

idev...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 11:32:40 AM9/21/17
I am watching Yahoo Auction for one of these machines to pop up for sale. As well as some of its sibling models with the 6809.

For connectors, how about the Service Manual?
https://computerarchive.org/files/comp/manuals/hitachi/Hitachi%20Personal%20Computer%20MB-6890%20Service%20Manual.pdf

Carlos Camacho
Color Computer Store

mur...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2017, 6:25:25 AM9/22/17
Hi Carlos,
I have been able to download a copy of that manual.
I also have hard copies of lots of manuals, still looking for any add on devices.
Thanks,
Murray.

idev...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2017, 11:02:32 AM9/22/17
Please post the model numbers of the device and I will keep my eye on Yahoo Auction (ebay of Japan) if any manuals pop up. I lived in Japan for 15 years. I am keeping an eye out for a MB6880, MB6885, MB6890, MB6891 and MB6892. I like collecting old 8bit systems, especially ones with 6809s. I have some Fujitsu FM7 on the way to me from Japan. This is another 6809 that ran OS9.

Carlos
Color Computer Store