CIE 6809 Trainer

John Crane

Nov 2, 2011, 8:39:43 AM11/2/11
Anyone familiar with the Cleveland Institute of Electronics 6809 SBC
trainer?

-J

Steven Hirsch

Nov 3, 2011, 11:58:26 AM11/3/11
On 11/02/2011 08:39 AM, John Crane wrote:
> Anyone familiar with the Cleveland Institute of Electronics 6809 SBC
> trainer?

Is it possible that was a re-branded Heathkit unit?

John Crane

Nov 4, 2011, 3:32:16 PM11/4/11
Don't think so. It doesn't look like the Heath trainers. I have an ET-3400
and the case is very different.

It came with some instructional booklets showing how to build circuits on
the breadboard area. And it has a nice little monitor program (with
cassette interface) in ROM. It also has an external connector that I'd like
to use to interface more memory and an RS-232 port. (Getting tired of hand
coding in hex!)

Just wondering if anybody else has played with these...

-John

"Steven Hirsch" <snhi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

tel...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2015, 1:14:13 PM3/22/15
I have one that someone gave to me about a decade ago. He had taken the course but had not saved any of the documentation. At the time I was able still able to purchase the course manual specific to the unit itself from CIE but subsequently did not really do much with the unit. I was more a 6800/01 guy than a 6809 guy. I still have it and that one manual however so if you have any questions I can certainly do some research and might be able to answer your question. That said I recognize that your post is several years old and you may have lost interest. I also have a lot of other things going on right now and so may not be able to get to this quickly. My CIE 6809 trainer appears to still be working fine however, I just powered it up for the first time in some years.

73, Chris Hausler

id4e...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 9:33:15 PM2/19/16
Hi there, I see that you own the CIE 6809 that is still operational. Are could you send photos? Are you interested in selling the unit? If so, how much?

id4e...@gmail.com

tel...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2018, 4:55:08 PM1/28/18
Sorry for taking so long to respond but I just saw this message. I'm sending an email with photos directly to your email address above. I am not interested in selling it. Although the photos are several years old, I just turned the unit on and it is still working fine.

73, Chris Hausler

john.ev...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2020, 10:48:29 AM4/22/20
Sorry for replying to a very old thread, but perhaps one of the MTL-1 fans would have documentation for this 6809 trainer. I'd gladly cover expenses for copying/scanning/mail.

thanks,
john - colorado springs, co

gregory simmons

Aug 29, 2020, 9:31:53 AM8/29/20
I have the reference manual for this unit. I'd be happy to email a .pdf to anyone who needs it. 73, greg AB8IM

Eugene Mah

Jun 3, 2021, 7:57:15 PM6/3/21
On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 9:31:53 AM UTC-4, gregory simmons wrote:
> I have the reference manual for this unit. I'd be happy to email a .pdf to anyone who needs it. 73, greg AB8IM

Greg,

I wondered if you could email a copy of the reference manual for the MTL-1.
Acquired a unit from a local SK last year and I'd love to be able to mess around with it

Eugene/AB4UG

Carlos Camacho

Jun 4, 2021, 8:38:14 AM6/4/21
On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 9:31:53 AM UTC-4, gregory simmons wrote:
I would also like a copy.

Thank you,

Carlos

Carlos Camacho

Jun 4, 2021, 8:39:17 AM6/4/21
> I have the reference manual for this unit. I'd be happy to email a .pdf to anyone who needs it. 73, greg AB8IM
Could you send me a copy as well Greg?

Thanks
Carlos

Paul Carbone

Jan 5, 2022, 8:26:42 PM1/5/22

> I have the reference manual for this unit. I'd be happy to email a .pdf to anyone who needs it. 73, greg AB8IM

Hi Greg - I'd love a copy as well, if you would be so kind.
thanks!
Paul

Carlos Camacho

Jan 6, 2022, 9:53:39 AM1/6/22
Did anyone get a copy from Greg if the trainer pdf? If so, could they post it to the file section of the group or email me a copy?
Thanks
Carlos

Paul Carbone

Jan 11, 2022, 1:47:13 PM1/11/22
Hi Folks - Thanks to John Evans who I reached out to via a comment on a YouTube video for sharing this out.
Here's the link he used to share it with me:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5gvvN0NxidvGZyoLT2qYKCY_P06sg3-/view?fbclid=IwAR3x5Za9c8EMkr-GI7ROY6guJOb0zVNnoAd6EwJ7JGJkmu0-wF3byZqlHVA