Motorola EXORset33

RPSelby

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
Has anyone still got one of these XDOS machines?

I'd like to find a source of spares for mine (an EXORset 33), and possibly
get another copy of the excellent space invader game which a friend
accidently deleted by formatting the wrong disk :-(

Was there ever a 6809 disassembler available for XDOS?

TIA

Richard

steven crook

Nov 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/7/00
Hi Richard,

I have an exorciser with twin 8" floppy drive. 6800 and 6809 processor
cards. Plus Eprom programmer, maths processor, extender card, etc.
Runs MDOS I think but no promises. If you want it, come and get it
(with your large family saloon). Was working when I put it in the loft
about 10 years ago. I moved up to a FLEX system :) Needs a TTY
terminal, (kermit or Hyperterminal on a PC)

Regards,

Steve

In article <T3DN5.24$y94.1452@stones>, RPSelby
<ric...@rpselby.dabsol.co.uk> writes

--
Dr. Steven Crook
Department of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering

RPSelby

Nov 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/8/00
I remember these - they were the predecessor to the EXORset and
were 6800-based machines (processor cards on S-100 bus) IIRC.

I'm really trying to find another EXORset33 (even faulty - for parts). I do
have some old EXORciser 8-inch disks with some source files on, so
I will be in touch.

Thanks

Richard

Jack Rubin

Oct 21, 2012, 12:21:43 PM10/21/12
On Monday, November 6, 2000 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, RPSelby wrote:
> Has anyone still got one of these XDOS machines?
>
> I'd like to find a source of spares for mine (an EXORset 33), and possibly
> get another copy of the excellent space invader game which a friend
> accidently deleted by formatting the wrong disk :-(
>
> Was there ever a 6809 disassembler available for XDOS?
>
> TIA
>
> Richard

Any chance you will respond to a query 12 years after your post? I've just received an EXORset 110 and lack system disks. Can you help?

Thanks,
Jack

Nicholas Jarmany

Oct 3, 2013, 7:42:39 AM10/3/13
On Tuesday, 7 November 2000 09:00:00 UTC+1, steven crook wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I have an exorciser with twin 8" floppy drive. 6800 and 6809 processor
> cards. Plus Eprom programmer, maths processor, extender card, etc.
> Runs MDOS I think but no promises. If you want it, come and get it
> (with your large family saloon). Was working when I put it in the loft
> about 10 years ago. I moved up to a FLEX system :) Needs a TTY
> terminal, (kermit or Hyperterminal on a PC)
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

Hi Richard,

If you still have it and haven't slung it out in a house move since your post 12 years ago, would you be interested in selling that system?

If so I would be interested and am in the UK

Nick

Nicholas Jarmany

Aug 7, 2015, 11:50:33 AM8/7/15
Hi Jack,

Did you get anywhere with finding some system disks? I have a similar problem

Nick

Chris Elmquist

Aug 8, 2015, 8:34:48 AM8/8/15
I now have the machine that Jack mentioned in this thread several years ago and still looking for XDOS media too.

I'm thinking might have to port FLEX to the hardware instead ...

Chris

foofo...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2015, 3:38:49 PM8/10/15
> I'm thinking might have to port FLEX to the hardware instead ...
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

I recently did a port of FLEX to a FPGA-based 6809 board. If you go ahead with a port you might find some useful material and tools in my write-up here:

https://github.com/nealcrook/multicomp6809/wiki

Neal Crook (co-incidentally, brother to Steven!)

Chris Elmquist

Aug 11, 2015, 10:45:56 AM8/11/15
Hi Neal. Thanks for that. I'll check it out further. I've already found the page that says you do most of your work on Linux and with PERL. Yea! Cool stuff.

I too "skipped" the 6809 in the day after growing up with lots of 6800 stuff and I also never ran FLEX so it would be two new experiences to get that OS running on that processor here.

Chris